HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

For the above I meant for the Steam version of DCS. I just tried your DCS stand alone pathway Sze and it works but has a dependency error at times. Let me work on it a bit ......

back shortly

I start my standalone DCS in the Reverb that same way SZE does, except for not using the virtual desktop. I removed my nose seal so I can peek at my keyboard, so I just peek at my monitor and start DCS from there like I would without VR.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I received today my Reverb, connected to the free display port in my duke 1080ti, the USB to a USB 3.1 on my MB and nothing happened, no windows mixed reality portal, no light of any kind on the googles, just a dead google.

I just unplugged my CV1 and plugged the reverb, now I’m installing steam VR but the google is dead.

Any thoughts?

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

I received today my Reverb, connected to the free display port in my duke 1080ti, the USB to a USB 3.1 on my MB and nothing happened, no windows mixed reality portal, no light of any kind on the googles, just a dead google.

I just unplugged my CV1 and plugged the reverb, now I’m installing steam VR but the google is dead.

Any thoughts?

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Connect the USB to a USB powered hub or get a pcie USB 3.0 card. The startek one linked above is a good one.

If this does not power it up, it means the headset has a problem.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Connect the USB to a USB powered hub or get a pcie USB 3.0 card. The startek one linked above is a good one.

If this does not power it up, it means the headset has a problem.

I connected to a powered Sabrent USB 3.0 hub and nothing, give an USB error, unplugged and plugged to a USB 3.1 in the mother board and the usb work (I can listen music from the headphones) and now I have a Hololens driver error. I executed the WMR portal and now apparently nos downloading a driver.

Is this correct? I bough this unit a week ago from HP, is a brand new unit.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

I've been struggling to maintain a decent framerate in my Reverb compared to a buddy with a similar rig. I thought it might be a Windows 10 issue and found this Microsoft tool.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

This definitely made a difference for me and might work for others.

No harm done either way.

Edited by oz555

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

General crash advice please:

I have started getting a few blue screen crashes (HMD only) a few seconds after tracking goes awry and following the blue screen I can still see DCS on the desktop screen with a note about SteamVR crashing. It seems to occur maybe after 30 minutes of play or longer.

Obviously, I've updated all drivers but could someone provide some general advice on which crash log to look at (e.g. Windows, WMR, Steam/SteamVR)

I know I'll have to get dirty here myself but somewhere to start would be helpful, cheers.

Anyone please?

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

I connected to a powered Sabrent USB 3.0 hub and nothing, give an USB error, unplugged and plugged to a USB 3.1 in the mother board and the usb work (I can listen music from the headphones) and now I have a Hololens driver error. I executed the WMR portal and now apparently nos downloading a driver.

Is this correct? I bough this unit a week ago from HP, is a brand new unit.

There was a new hololens driver for wmr yesterday. Does the headset work now?
Anyone please?
Start with steam vr logs in the steam install directory. I'm not sure why you would be getting blue screens. One thing I could think of is memory but you have enough. Maybe a background process interfering?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Anyone please?

For a Windows Blue Screen, first thought that would come to my mind is system instability.

I would try setting bios to defaults and see if it still does it. Be sure and note your overclock settings so you can put them back in.

If stable at system default, then you know it is likely somewhere in your overclock or ram settings.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There was a new hololens driver for wmr yesterday. Does the headset work now?Start with steam vr logs in the steam install directory. I'm not sure why you would be getting blue screens. One thing I could think of is memory but you have enough. Maybe a background process interfering?

I’ll have another look through the background processes to see thanks. I’ll also check the SteamVR Log too, I’m guessing I could put it up on a steam forum and somebody might be able to interpret where the gremlin may be hiding.

For a Windows Blue Screen, first thought that would come to my mind is system instability.

I would try setting bios to defaults and see if it still does it. Be sure and note your overclock settings so you can put them back in.

If stable at system default, then you know it is likely somewhere in your overclock or ram settings.

As far as OC goes I simply use the Z270 OC Genie switch in the BIOS I’m too stupid to go and do a full kosher overclock. It has been good enough for me but up till now although it has only been about two months since I switched it on. Incidentally, I don’t know whether there is any benefit to also switching on the XMP at the same time?

(as OC Genie)? When I benchmarked the difference it was not measured but perhaps I’m missing something?

In the meantime I’ll go back to default and see whether it persists. Thanks again for the tips, much appreciated. Great headset nevertheless.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

As far as OC goes I simply use the Z270 OC Genie switch in the BIOS I’m too stupid to go and do a full kosher overclock. It has been good enough for me but up till now although it has only been about two months since I switched it on. Incidentally, I don’t know whether there is any benefit to also switching on the XMP at the same time?

(as OC Genie)? When I benchmarked the difference it was not measured but perhaps I’m missing something?

In the meantime I’ll go back to default and see whether it persists. Thanks again for the tips, much appreciated. Great headset nevertheless.

If available you definitely want to use the XMP profile for your ram.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I’ll have another look through the background processes to see thanks. I’ll also check the SteamVR Log too, I’m guessing I could put it up on a steam forum and somebody might be able to interpret where the gremlin may be hiding.

I've always had instability issues using prime95 testing with the many motherboard auto overclock options. If overclocking it's better to do it one step at a time manually. I don't trust those built in overclocking tools. Try without an oc.

White noise in HMDs only on first boot

I have the following issue with my Reverb:

When I cold start my computer and start WMR or WMR for Steam, my Reverb shows white noise on both displays. When I then reboot my computer, the boot process seems to hang for like 20 seconds until the computer beeps and continues to reboot. Note that on cold start it does not hang and boots swiftly. Once the reboot is complete, my Reverb is working fine without any issues or glitches. Another way to fix the white noise issue is to unplug and reconnect the USB and DisplayPort plugs of the Reverb.

The issue occurs no matter which DisplayPort jack of my graphics card I am using. The USB plug is connected to one of the USB 3.0 ports soldered to the mainboard. The issue also occurs when using the USB 3.1 jack soldered to the mainboard.

My system consists of an Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming mainboard, an Intel Core i7-7700K processor, 32GB (4x8 GB modules) of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM, and an Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix OC graphics card to which I have applied the Nvidia DisplayPort firmware update.

I have not overclocked any of my system's components.

I purchased the Reverb from HP Germany a few weeks ago. So it should be of the second hardware revision.

Did anyone experience similar issues or has any hints on what I could try to solve it?

Can you send a link to download the driver?
In windows go to windows update and check for updates. It will be there. Keep the headset plugged in.
I have the following issue with my Reverb:

When I cold start my computer and start WMR or WMR for Steam, my Reverb shows white noise on both displays. When I then reboot my computer, the boot process seems to hang for like 20 seconds until the computer beeps and continues to reboot. Note that on cold start it does not hang and boots swiftly. Once the reboot is complete, my Reverb is working fine without any issues or glitches. Another way to fix the white noise issue is to unplug and reconnect the USB and DisplayPort plugs of the Reverb.

The issue occurs no matter which DisplayPort jack of my graphics card I am using. The USB plug is connected to one of the USB 3.0 ports soldered to the mainboard. The issue also occurs when using the USB 3.1 jack soldered to the mainboard.

My system consists of an Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming mainboard, an Intel Core i7-7700K processor, 32GB (4x8 GB modules) of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM, and an Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix OC graphics card to which I have applied the Nvidia DisplayPort firmware update.

I have not overclocked any of my system's components.

I purchased the Reverb from HP Germany a few weeks ago. So it should be of the second hardware revision.

Did anyone experience similar issues or has any hints on what I could try to solve it?

Yea I too saw my PC hang on the first reverb when I just did a reboot. I think it's honestly a windows wmr issue. Mine didn't beep but it just hung for like 3 minutes before it finally rebooted. I didn't get static in the headset.

I made a fresh windows install again and voila, welcome to the Windows world.

There is no need for a fresh windows install. You should have just run windows update.

There is no need for a fresh windows install. You should have just run windows update.
Sometimes you have to, I recently couldn't get an Index to work, tried everything including Windows Update. Spent ages avoiding a Windows re-install which instantly fixed it, should have done it sooner!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Sze, what do you mean by, "Turn on motion reprojection in the settings file along with the indicator"?

(I am sure I can find the ini. file and reset things but I just want to make sure. Thanks)

Its in a steam settings file usually here. Copied from the VR guide. Make sure you have the beta version wmr for steam vr app.

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings

File: default.vrsettings

In this file, the highlighted lines are commented out with //

Remove the // and restart Steam and SteamVR.

Optional: If you DO NOT want the indicator to show in your HMD, don’t uncomment the line for the Indicator. // “motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled” : true,

No need to removed spaces and yes the quotes need to stay in place.

{

“driver_Holographic” : {

// Increase back buffer size so that larger superscale values do not get a resolution reduction

“renderTargetScale” : 2.0

},

“driver_Holographic_Experimental” : {

// “motionReprojectionMode” : “auto”,

// Motion reprojection doubles framerate through motion vector extrapolation

// motionvector = force application to always run at half framerate with motion vector reprojection

// auto = automatically use motion reprojection when the application can not maintain native framerate

// Automatic motion reprojection indicator to display the mode currently selected

// green = off because application can render at full framerate

// light blue = on because application is cpu bound

// dark blue = on because application is gpu bound

// red = off because application running at less than half framerate

// “motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled” : true,

Only uncomment the motionreprojection:auto line.

I've always had instability issues using prime95 testing with the many motherboard auto overclock options. If overclocking it's better to do it one step at a time manually. I don't trust those built in overclocking tools. Try without an oc.

Ok, perhaps I’ll have to bite the bullet and get into it. Thanks again.

Hi,

I've read through most of this thread and now that the Reverb is available on the HP store (UK) the temptation is killing me. I would be very grateful if anybody would be able to answer a couple of questions before I commit.

I currently have a Lenovo Explorer which, while it is a wow experience, tends to leave me with a sore head after use. I don't wear glasses yet but I am probably heading that way - would the increased resolution of the Reverb make a big difference to this? - i.e. to anyone who has traded up, could the lower resolution be causing strain and headache?

Is it worth waiting for next generation? Is there anything at a similar price likely to beat the Reverb in the coming 6-12 months?

I currently use an Ultra-wide monitor (3440x1440@75Hz) and can run DCS with most options on high - is this spec likely to run Reverb at it's highest resolution?

Specs:

MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

i7-6700k @4.01Ghz

16GB DDR4 SDRAM

DCS is on a Samsung EVO 970 M.2 card

Nvidia Titan XP 12GB

Thanks! :)

Today i received the Reverb and Test it against my Rift S. My VR Settings are already high with PPD 1.5.

- I have Steam VR installed

- I must install the WMR Beta App From Steam

- I Disconnect my Rift S and Plug the Reverb into my 2080Ti.

Any special Operations for the best looking Reverb Picture in DCS?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick: