Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

that's good. maybe this friday we will get it

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Am 24.3.2022 um 10:54 schrieb Kappa-131st:

- Price isn't the issue. Features in this update are. The MWS they made doesn't exists. They made it on the ABRIS witch is a civilian Finnish navigation computer... It is fake. The 3th pylons wing doesn't exist on the KA-50. Only on the KA-52. All feature on BS3 is fake feature. I don't want a fake Ka-50, but if they still make it, I want at least "usefull" features. Like a FLIR.

why should the MWS not be useful?
in Apache I am no longer afraid of manpads, you get a warning and drop flares, before manpads and other IR missiles were a big danger.

and why should there be no MWS?
The question is whether this was actually a fixed part of the President-S and we now have a compromise because the President-S has been deleted.

d94b921130d515ce4aad2e28dea1acee.jpg

Edited by Hobel

Hi,

ED is committed to the following: "Our dream is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles and ships possible." And if it was/is that the KA-50 has never used these updates that are to come now, then it should not be implemented in the module either. Because then the statement 'the most authentic and realistic simulation' is simply not true. But you bend it as you need it! However, you mention President-S...is that supposed to be a special version of the KA-50? On the Internet you can only find the Ka-50N "Night Shark", Ka-50Sh & Ka-50-2 "Erdogan" versions.

On the other hand, I'm glad that this old but iconic module continues to receive attention. And the update may bring it more into focus again. The update may open up new possibilities for creating interesting and good campaigns... Personally, I'll wait until the update is out, take a look at it and then decide whether I'll get it or not.

Edited by kotor633
  • Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

vor 5 Minuten schrieb kotor633:

Hi,

ED is committed to the following: "Our dream is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles and ships possible." And if it was/is that the KA-50 has never used these updates that are to come now, then it should not be implemented in the module either. Because then the statement 'the most authentic and realistic simulation' is simply not true. But you bend it as you need it! However, you mention President-S...is that supposed to be a special version of the KA-50? On the Internet you can only find the Ka-50N "Night Shark", Ka-50Sh & Ka-50-2 "Erdogan" versions.

In this video you can see the picture and also the 3 pylon on the KA50 that we are now getting.

Only without President-S

• Like 1

Looks good, let's see what they are about to release in new features.

Best regards.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:27 AM, Hobel said:

In this video you can see the picture and also the 3 pylon on the KA50 that we are now getting.

Only without President-S

I didn't see 3 pylons if you meant the video you linked about President-S/Vitebsk showing 3 pylons per wing. A the timestamp it's 2 pylons and then the end cap. Just before that one sees the tail, which might look like another pylon from that angle.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:20 AM, kotor633 said:

On the Internet you can only find the Ka-50N "Night Shark", Ka-50Sh & Ka-50-2 "Erdogan" versions.

There are some variations within the version numbers. e.g. AFAIK one of the "Night Sharks" was simply a Ka-50 and didn't get any extra designations. #25 had a bunch of modifications done over it's time, including the Shtolb FLIR in the Black Shark movie, and later the MWS of the Persident-S and finally the DIRCM pods as well. As it was testing the system, it would have been fully working. You can also see photos of the later production models with MWS cameras. Can't comment on the pylons/IGLAs.

For Black Shark tutorials, visit my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LgdvOGP3SSNUGVN95b8Bw

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Volk.:

I didn't see 3 pylons if you meant the video you linked about President-S/Vitebsk showing 3 pylons per wing. A the timestamp it's 2 pylons and then the end cap. Just before that one sees the tail, which might look like another pylon from that angle.

Yep, you're right.😅

It already can lock up aircraft. Just has a reduced range (maybe because it's not a blocky tanky shape, dunno) compared to locking up ground units, and you need to build in maybe a half-second lead with fast moving targets, i.e. press lock maybe a half-second before the target enters the gates. Obviously a little easier if you can look out the cockpit and just glide the HMS over it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 7:51 AM, Volk. said:

It already can lock up aircraft. Just has a reduced range (maybe because it's not a blocky tanky shape, dunno) compared to locking up ground units, and you need to build in maybe a half-second lead with fast moving targets, i.e. press lock maybe a half-second before the target enters the gates. Obviously a little easier if you can look out the cockpit and just glide the HMS over it.

Not entirely sure that's right - I've found the current implementation of Shkval to be rather inconsistent in what it can lock, when and how accurately. There are many, many posts about this - hope it is fixed because it really does detract from the experience...

Edited by Blackjack_UK
Merged and didn't want it to be

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 2:18 PM, Blackjack_UK said:

Not entirely sure that's right

Been working for me:

Easier if you can see the speck out the canopy rather than trying to slew-lock looking purely down at the IT-23. Locking range is shorter than for static/slow moving targets, and more likely to lose the lock. Generally still further range than an Igla's max range. Of course if it's low light then it won't work. High ranges it might be easier to slew heads-down.

Full disclosure: I can't recall if I've used slew-locking vs. an aerial target in 2.8 yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2022 at 10:18 PM, Volk. said:

Been working for me:

Easier if you can see the speck out the canopy rather than trying to slew-lock looking purely down at the IT-23. Locking range is shorter than for static/slow moving targets, and more likely to lose the lock. Generally still further range than an Igla's max range. Of course if it's low light then it won't work. High ranges it might be easier to slew heads-down.

Full disclosure: I can't recall if I've used slew-locking vs. an aerial target in 2.8 yet.

I killed 2 ah64s and a huey in the TBF server with slew locking but i had to get quite close