Storm of War - DCS WWII / Historical Server

philstyle

I have no idea whatsoever which setting might be causing this.

Maybe ask around in the multiplayer bug forums?

It is possibly a server-side setting, I just wouldn't have a clue which . . .

Thanks for the reply. I looked on the simshaker forum and it looks like the server needs to enable/allow player exports.

FinalGlide

Specs: i7 8700k (5Ghz), 32gig 3200Mhz ram, EVO 960 SSD, Asus Strix RTX2080 (OC'd), Windows 10 Pro, Hp Reverb Pro V2, VPC WarBRD with MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators and Simshaker Sound Module

Thanks for the reply. I looked on the simshaker forum and it looks like the server needs to enable/allow player exports.

OK,

This will be re-enabled soon. Just waiting for multiplayer stability fixed from ED.

We've turned a few things off in the meantime, this being one of them. But it is not planned to stay that way for long.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

All good, a stable server is priority at this time. I can live without it for the time being while bugs are squashed. Thank you trying at least!

FinalGlide

Specs: i7 8700k (5Ghz), 32gig 3200Mhz ram, EVO 960 SSD, Asus Strix RTX2080 (OC'd), Windows 10 Pro, Hp Reverb Pro V2, VPC WarBRD with MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators and Simshaker Sound Module

All missions updated to v.53

- new RADAR code added, thanks to Wiggy for helping me with this. This should reduce the chances that radar will report a landed contact, and will prevent people chasing after aircraft which are not flying.

- moved some units around

- changed Channel C on all allied aircraft to 131 Mhz and added note to briefings

All missions updated to v54

- Bomber settings updated to reflect solution for bombers acting like fighters

- Searchlights added to all missions during low-light dawn and dusk hours

- 312 Czech squadron added to Tangmere

- 303 Polish squadron code fixed and set to normal wing spitfires

- Some AI pathing updated

New mission added, 14th June 1944, afternoon.

Hi,

Do you record the session real-time or do you play the track afterwards and record it?

I ask because my experience has been unpleasant. Only the first sortie of my last session played back correctly. The rest is lost, which actually included the best part from my perspective.

Cheers!!

Edited by Shrimp
Expanded info.

Hello philstyle,

Long time no speak. Hope all is well with you. I have been watching your good works in DCS on the forum and thought I might dip may toe back in to WWII DCS. I was excited to visit your MP server last night but I soon lost all enthusiasm when my force feedback seat (gametrix 908 jetseat) and supporting SimShaker for Aviators software would not work on your server :(

I believe this is because you do not enable the 'allow player export' option for your server. So, I am writing to you with this small request that you consider enabling this option so that force feedback seat users can enjoy the DCS WII flight simulation to the full on your server.

The force feedback seat is really great as a PC pilot can feel the piston beat of the engine through the aircraft, feel the undercarriage drag and coming up and down, feel the flaps, feel the ground bumps on take off and landings and feel the Spitfire wing washout in a hard turn and high angle of attack stalls coming on shuddering the aircraft too (and much else besides). There are 4 electric motors in the back and another 4 electric motors in the seat (total eight), which provide feedback that brings the aircraft alive. Together with a FF joystick and VR it makes a great flight simulation and I recommend it to you.

The force feedback seat works great in other simulations like IL-2 GB and works without needing any server side action for MP servers, so not sure why DCS needs an option for this.

Your server looks the best bet for WWII enthusiasts, but it is not worth me flying DCS or purchasing the Channel map or the up coming Mosquito if I cant use my force feedback seat :(

I sincerely hope you can help us force feedback seat users out with this.

Good luck and happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I believe this is because you do not enable the 'allow player export' option for your server. So, I am writing to you with this small request that you consider enabling this option so that force feedback seat users can enjoy the DCS WII flight simulation to the full on your server.

Hi Talisman,

The "allow player export" had been disabled purely in order to see if it was contributing to instability/ lag etc.

I will turn it back on now, you're not the first to request it.

Would be great to see the firebirds in the skies again :)

Hi Talisman,

The "allow player export" had been disabled purely in order to see if it was contributing to instability/ lag etc.

I will turn it back on now, you're not the first to request it.

Would be great to see the firebirds in the skies again :)

Thanks very much. You are a gent :)

Thanks for all your work providing the server and advertising WW2 DCS. Respect!

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Hello folks. I usually fly other WW2 simulations, but am considering giving DCS WW2 a try, again. However, I have just seen a post from someone asking for bomb delay fuses in the P47 as a wish!

So I thought I would ask on this thread if any of the Allied aircraft have historical bomb delay fuses available yet? Especially as the Mosquito is due at some point. I am looking for reasons to fire up DCS and do some WW2 flying, but if we still don't have historical timed bomb delay fuses for the Allied side then it is another reason to give it a miss I am afraid.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Hello folks. I usually fly other WW2 simulations, but am considering giving DCS WW2 a try, again. However, I have just seen a post from someone asking for bomb delay fuses in the P47 as a wish!

So I thought I would ask on this thread if any of the Allied aircraft have historical bomb delay fuses available yet? Especially as the Mosquito is due at some point. I am looking for reasons to fire up DCS and do some WW2 flying, but if we still don't have historical timed bomb delay fuses for the Allied side then it is another reason to give it a miss I am afraid.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Delay bomb fuses are not added yet.

Seriously Talisman... that's stopping you? We've all been bombing for months without delay fuses.

I've changed the server setup at your request (enabling the player data download), and now you won't even fly due to delay fuses not yet being implemented. . . .

I am fast learning that I should not go to the effort of adapting things for players, especially when they wont even fly on the server once those changes are made.

Delay bomb fuses are not added yet.

Seriously Talisman... that's stopping you? We've all been bombing for months without delay fuses.

I've changed the server setup at your request (enabling the player data download), and now you won't even fly due to delay fuses not yet being implemented. . . .

I am fast learning that I should not go to the effort of adapting things for players, especially when they wont even fly on the server once those changes are made.

Steady on Phil. You are doing a great job and I want to support DCS WW2, but in trying to bring others along in greater numbers, folks used to historical bombing profiles using timed fuses are going to miss being able to do this. To not have historical timed fuses means a work around for historical bombing activity. Also, I could be wrong, but I think the LW have timed fuses available to them in DCS.

Today, I hand over responsibility for my period of being squad CO to Boot, so will have more time to try out DCS now. I have been looking at the pros and cons of operating in DCS and the bomb fuse timer issue is one that has been raised for a number of years now on the forums, so I wanted to ask some folks who were up-to-date with DCS WW2 if there was any progress.

I have not purchased anything from DCS for a long time because, frankly, I have been disappointed with the slow progress of WW2 and what I perceive as a lack of attention to detail for WW2 outputs. It is obviously not just me that sees the need for historical bomb timer fuses, it looks like folks who recently purchased the P47 see it too and it is ringing alarm bells with me that we might not get it for the Mosquito either.

Thank you for your response and for the server. If I am to fly more DCS WW2, it means I will need to shift my commitment a little away from my normal squad flying activities on another title, which is a hard thing to contemplate after many years with a squad. There is not enough interest in DCS WW2 at the moment amongst my squad for us to regularly fly WW2, which I can easily understand under the circumstances.

I hope this puts a wider perspective on things for you in terms of where I am coming from. The way I see it, if I am to be tempted to seriously fly DCS WW2 the way I would like to, I may need to look at joining or flying with a squad that does that.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Are there any plans adding MW50 again for the axis planes ? I get the point to make it a better match historicaly but a K4 for example will remain a K4. Think it just limits the player base, many just don't want to fly that way. Diffucult desicion I know, server is great by the way.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

The other WWII sim has mosquitoes? I think they are coming only with their “Normandy” DLC, and it is not out yet.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!