X52 Pro and DCS - my journey

animaal

Here you can download the current, cert vJoy-drivers for Win 10 1903: http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/download-a-install/download

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

• 1 month later...

deleted

Edited by DerekSpeare
no issue - user error :P

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

• 1 month later...
By the way, the X52Pro Mode switch can be used as a modifier in DCS. In DCS, you can create a modifier called "Mode1" using button ID #28, a modifier called "Mode2" using button ID #2 and a modifier called "Mode3" using button ID #30.

You sure you don't mean button ID #29 for Mode 2? DCS says the thumb crosshair button under the molly-guard is button #2, but nothing I press shows up as button 29 in DCS.

• 2 weeks later...
You sure you don't mean button ID #29 for Mode 2? DCS says the thumb crosshair button under the molly-guard is button #2, but nothing I press shows up as button 29 in DCS.

Yeah, I think you're right - looks like a type from me. I've just corrected it, thanks.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

• 2 months later...

Problem: The latest X52Pro drivers and profile editor are provided by Logitech rather than Saitek. But the Logitech version doesn’t support a “default” profile that’s loaded automatically on startup.

Solution: The Logitech software does support default profiles, it just doesn’t expose the option to specify the default profile. To set one yourself, edit the registry and create a new key

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\Configuration\StartupProfiles

Within that key, create a string value. Mine’s named:

{75BB6CC8-FB40-4BE1-BF2B-4B10397A98A8}

The string value is the path to a profile. See the attached screenshot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=175485&stc=1&d=1514986662

For anyone wondering about the naming of the string value and how to get it here are the full steps for setting/changing the default profile of a X52 or x52 Pro when you have the newer Logitech drivers/software installed:

1. open regedit

2. go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Logitech\Configuration\Controllers and copy the name of the folder there including curly braces, mine was {C7719F41-F667-4514-BBB4-3F38C9E4D05A} yours will be different as it is your device ID

3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\Configuration\StartupProfiles\

if the folder/s dont exist make them by right clicking and choosing make new key.

4. make a new string value in the StartupProfiles folder (you cant edit the default one) where the name of the string is the is ID you got in step 2 (include the curly braces)

5. Right click on this string and choose modify, in the value data box copy in the file path to your profile that you want to load as default. eg mine is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Logitech\X52\HOTAS - DCS - A10C - IR.pr0

you need to include the .pr0 on the end

• 2 months later...
For anyone wondering about the naming of the string value and how to get it here are the full steps for setting/changing the default profile of a X52 or x52 Pro when you have the newer Logitech drivers/software installed:

1. open regedit

2. go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Logitech\Configuration\Controllers and copy the name of the folder there including curly braces, mine was {C7719F41-F667-4514-BBB4-3F38C9E4D05A} yours will be different as it is your device ID

3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\Configuration\StartupProfiles\

if the folder/s dont exist make them by right clicking and choosing make new key.

4. make a new string value in the StartupProfiles folder (you cant edit the default one) where the name of the string is the is ID you got in step 2 (include the curly braces)

5. Right click on this string and choose modify, in the value data box copy in the file path to your profile that you want to load as default. eg mine is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Logitech\X52\HOTAS - DCS - A10C - IR.pr0

you need to include the .pr0 on the end

Followed exactly these steps, and my string value is exactly as the OP, but it doesn't work when I plug the X52 Pro.

I still have to manually load it.

Provide some screenshots of your registry for the two steps of finding the section and creating the entry, and a screenshot of File Explorer showing your pr0 file. We should be able to figure out what is wrong. Mine works fine fyi

Edited by Zyll

• 4 months later...

Hi guys.

Great thread by the way, helped me out quite a bit already.

But somehow I can't get buttons 28 + 29 + 30 (Modes 1 - 3) to work as a modifyer. I can select them in DCS to "work" as a modifier and can than choose them when setting up my F16 controls, but they are not working (e.g. I've got Mode_2 (Button 29) + Trigger as Wheelbrakes...but no wheelbrakes in Mode 2...).

Pinkie-Switch on the other hand works perfectly...

I start DCS without loading anything in my Saitek/Logitech-Software. The stick reads "No Profile".

I must be doing something wrong .....

Hi guys.

Great thread by the way, helped me out quite a bit already.

But somehow I can't get buttons 28 + 29 + 30 (Modes 1 - 3) to work as a modifyer. I can select them in DCS to "work" as a modifier and can than choose them when setting up my F16 controls, but they are not working (e.g. I've got Mode_2 (Button 29) + Trigger as Wheelbrakes...but no wheelbrakes in Mode 2...).

Pinkie-Switch on the other hand works perfectly...

I start DCS without loading anything in my Saitek/Logitech-Software. The stick reads "No Profile".

I must be doing something wrong .....

hi, i don't know if this is related, but i've been using a X52 (non pro) for many years and i always have to load my profile after pluging the HOTAS in.

it is much easier than it sounds:

it works by simply pressing and holding the clutch button (on the throttle with the "i" in a circle) and then going thru the profiles with the lower 4-way-coolie on the stick and select/load it with moving the coolie to the right.

to have it quick and simple i left only one profile in the directory (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Logitech\X52). so i can just press and hold the clutch button and move the lower coolie to the right and have my profile.

(i remember some years ago there was the problem from time to time that this did only work when i had the same profile in that directory with two different names (e.g. v1, v2) and i still use this method, but plz don't ask me why. it was years ago, so it may not be needed anymore.)

(btw: i don't need to open any saitek/logitech software for this)

...very quick update:

When I leave my windows controller properties window for the X52-pro open, it works like a charm...this I don't understand...any Ideas? I think it should not be this way...

I never used this Saitek-/Logitech-Software. If you don't need the Logitech-Software for other games try to uninstall it. You only need the drivers for your X52 (Pro). But I don't know if it is possible to uninstall the Software without uninstalling the Drivers. I used the drivers v7.0.53.6 and they have been separated from the software. Google for the Installation file "Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_7_0_53_6_x64_Drivers.exe" (Size: ~6 MB), if you want to try them.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro

I never used this Saitek-/Logitech-Software. If you don't need the Logitech-Software for other games try to uninstall it. You only need the drivers for your X52 (Pro). But I don't know if it is possible to uninstall the Software without uninstalling the Drivers. I used the drivers v7.0.53.6 and they have been separated from the software. Google for the Installation file "Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_7_0_53_6_x64_Drivers.exe" (Size: ~6 MB), if you want to try them.

Hi.

Thanks. I will try that :-)

Hi.

Uninstalled the Software and didn't need to deinst. the drivers. But it didn't work.

Another problem occured: When the mode-buttons work (while controller-properties is open) they don't work all the time.

Sometimes DCS seems to forget, that e.g. mode 2 is switched on. Than I have to switch between modes a few times, to get it working again...

particularly annoying, since my wheelbrake is Mode_2 + Trigger :-(

Hi.

Uninstalled the Software and didn't need to deinst. the drivers. But it didn't work.

Another problem occured: When the mode-buttons work (while controller-properties is open) they don't work all the time.

That's weird. Maybe you wanna try this:

1. uninstall your current drivers and
  2. install the drivers for the X52 Pro v7.0.53.6 (64 bit).

The drivers v7.0.53.6 are from 2016 but worked well with my X52 Pro until I replaced it with the TM HOTAS Warthog in January 2020.

If you're having troubles with those old drivers just uninstall them and reinstall current drivers. Good luck!

[OS] Windows 11 Pro