Calling ATC for engine start

Precog

Is this possible? I turn the battery on but doesn't seem there is any power to my radios work to call ATC for engine start.

On the F-18 the Batterie(s) only power the canopy, the IFEI and the ignition coils for the engine.

If you want to use the radios then you need to ask the Ground Crew for external electrical power. Once its connected, do the following:

(1) Switch EXT PWR on RESET (right clic)

(2) Switches GND PWR 1, 2 and 4 on B ON (hold each a couple of seconds to engage)

This will get all systems powered, in particular, the radios.

Cheers

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm pretty sure on land pilots just start when they are ready. On the boat they call starts over the 5mc and all aircraft start when ready after this.

not in oz they call tower when they are ready to start engines, even ground crew call tower when they are testing and ground running engines( reason being so they know in case of emergency they can call fire tenders etc)

edit: above procedure its working and its perfect to save time for INSL allignement and battery consumption!!

Doest anyone know how to operate the ASU? (air starter unit)

Usually it's used if the APU is INOP ,so GPU to start engine one and ASU for crossbleeding to engine 2 , correct?

Edited by Goa

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

edit: above procedure its working and its perfect to save time for INSL allignement and battery consumption!!

Usually it's used if the APU is INOP ,so GPU to start engine one and ASU for crossbleeding to engine 2 , correct?

Engine 2 is started first. So you'd use the Huffer to start engine 2 and remove it. Then cross bleed start engine 1

I don't know why people bother with calling ATC to start an engine. It's such a rare things that any airfield requires it, I"m not sure why it's even in the menu.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

You need air to start an engine if the APU is inop, that's what the ASU is for. After an engine is started it uses it's bleeds to start the other engine. GPU is just ground electric.

Edited by BSS_Sniper

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals