How to make a realistic trucks troops convoy

guimcdo

Hello all,

I would like to make a realistic troops truck convoy in the ME. Except if I'm wrong, transportation trucks in DCS are not able to load/unload troops.

For the fisrst case, unload of troops at the route end, I think I have to put a troop group close to the truck end waypoint, late activation with an activation trigger when the truck arrived at the final waypoint.

For the second case, I don't know how to set it. I would like, if during the route an event occur, then troops group appear close to the truck, to simulate a go down:

- If the truck is hit but not destroyed (life < 100% AND life >1%), troops have to go down from the truck

- If the truck is totally destroyed, crew and troops are dead, and nobody go down from truck (life<1%)

To manage the troops go down, I think I have to respawn/clone/teleport troop group, but my concern is about the respawn location: how to respawn the troop group close to the truck while it's position can't be defined in the ME? I don't know if I can attach a zone to the truck for the respawn.

I saw in mist documentation the function mist.teleporttopoint, but how to define the truck location as point for this function (vec3)???

The next step will be to use this script for multiple truck convoy, without write the same function for each truck.

Thanks for reading, and for your help

Rgds

Guillaume