INS always aligned and Mission 2 (and maybe others) - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
lemoen
Member
 
lemoen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 960
Default INS always aligned and Mission 2 (and maybe others)

I flew mission 2 last night. My M2000 was set to always have INS aligned. Took off, got to the place where the flight breaks up to perform their tasks. I noticed that my waypoints as shown by the INS was offset by probably 10nm to the north compared to what the kneeboard shows. I flew around for prob 20mins thinking I'm doing my job and only when I ventured to the where the kneeboard shows the waypoints, did the tasking actually start. I wasted a lot of fuel by then so I flew into the container for fun ;-)

Either way, I assume we have to disable "INS always aligned" along with Easy Comms?
lemoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #2
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator
 
baltic_dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I am Polish
Posts: 3,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoen View Post
I flew mission 2 last night. My M2000 was set to always have INS aligned. Took off, got to the place where the flight breaks up to perform their tasks. I noticed that my waypoints as shown by the INS was offset by probably 10nm to the north compared to what the kneeboard shows. I flew around for prob 20mins thinking I'm doing my job and only when I ventured to the where the kneeboard shows the waypoints, did the tasking actually start. I wasted a lot of fuel by then so I flew into the container for fun ;-)

Either way, I assume we have to disable "INS always aligned" along with Easy Comms?
Hey,

In principlr yes, I will check though if the missions enforce it. But with the time you spend on the ground waiting for the others to take off it shouldn’t be a problem.

By the way, did the container warning message work? I could have forgotten to add it to one of the first missions..
__________________
Released DLC Campaigns
THE ENEMY WITHIN for A-10C (more info) (trailer)
F-15C: THE GEORGIAN WAR for F-15C (more info) (trailer)
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #3
lemoen
Member
 
lemoen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_dragon View Post
Hey,

In principlr yes, I will check though if the missions enforce it. But with the time you spend on the ground waiting for the others to take off it shouldn’t be a problem.

By the way, did the container warning message work? I could have forgotten to add it to one of the first missions..


Yes it did. I’ll try it again tonight and align the INS manually.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lemoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:15 PM   #4
Zarma
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 885
Default

Got a 75% result no idea why. Did all the tasking and followed the F4 many minutes in his 6 until told to disengage.
__________________
i7 6700k, 32 Go RAM, GTX 1080, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, (MFD Cougar) (Trackir 5 Pro) Oculus Rift CV1

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 / https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074
Zarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:34 PM   #5
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator
 
baltic_dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I am Polish
Posts: 3,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarma View Post
Got a 75% result no idea why. Did all the tasking and followed the F4 many minutes in his 6 until told to disengage.
I will check what could have possibly gone wrong. Thanks!
__________________
Released DLC Campaigns
THE ENEMY WITHIN for A-10C (more info) (trailer)
F-15C: THE GEORGIAN WAR for F-15C (more info) (trailer)
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:45 PM   #6
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator
 
baltic_dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I am Polish
Posts: 3,149
Default

OK checked it - and it turns this is my bad, one of the victory conditions was set to MP mode instead of OFFLINE. Fixed internally & apologies for the lost points.
__________________
Released DLC Campaigns
THE ENEMY WITHIN for A-10C (more info) (trailer)
F-15C: THE GEORGIAN WAR for F-15C (more info) (trailer)
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:01 PM   #7
Zarma
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 885
Default

np. First two missions were fun as always.
__________________
i7 6700k, 32 Go RAM, GTX 1080, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, (MFD Cougar) (Trackir 5 Pro) Oculus Rift CV1

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 / https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074
Zarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:53 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.