JIMJAM

I posted this about 4 hours ago and the thread was deleted as a duplicate lol

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I have to say....the videos are REALLY good. I *LOVE* watching him diagram it on notebook paper. Who knew paper based diagrams could be so compelling. And you *KNOW* he's a pilot because I saw him do the plane flying around thing with his two hands. *EVERY* time I stepped into an Air Force O'club, that's all they did. "he want like this /* twisting his left hand */ and I went like this /* turning the right hand over the left hand */ ROFL.

Oh, and if you search for Leo Talionis DCS (Law of Retaliation - eye for an eye - cool name!) you'll get to see his two other vids. (three total, so far). I too hope he continues making them.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Who knew paper based diagrams could be so compelling.

You can really tell that he's instructed before on a whiteboard in some aviation class (or briefing) room. Nothing beats big-picture visuals when explaining complex concepts. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yah, I watched it this morning. Very interesting. In fact I probably understood more there in 20 mins than reading the manual. Will definitely watch the next ones two.

I just hope he starts flying the Harrier next!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Thanks for posting these up,,, absolutely great!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

You can really tell that he's instructed before on a whiteboard in some aviation class (or briefing) room. Nothing beats big-picture visuals when explaining complex concepts. :thumbup:

yeah, I believe he teaches flying. I thought I read that in the original post.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

ED should employ this chap to do the official training missions for the Hornet. Nothing like having procedures described by someone who's done it for a living.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

ED should employ this chap to do the official training missions for the Hornet. Nothing like having procedures described by someone who's done it for a living.

+1

and his vids should be marked as "sticky"..... really.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

+1 - being clear and concise is important

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

As of the 3rd vid he has only commented once on the flight model but one observation he has that is shared by many including myself if the throttle response is slow/weak/ iirc. While doing pattern work he had to push the throttle really high and into burner just to achieve another 10 knots or so.

To early to call it a FM issue or something that needs tweaking but I am looking forward to when he turns his attention to the fidelity of the aircraft.

Edited by JIMJAM

As of the 3rd vid he has only commented once on the flight model but one observation he has that is shared by many including myself if the throttle response is slow/weak/ iirc. While doing pattern work he had to push the throttle really high and into burner just to achieve another 10 knots or so.

To early to call it a FM issue or something that needs tweaking but I am looking forward to when he turns his attention to the fidelity of the aircraft.

Just put curves on the throttle axis, can negate this issue until fixed by code

It's not to early to call it an issue, and it definitely needs tweaking. Myself and others have commented on the flight model and thrust/drag, FCS interaction since the early access Hornet was released.

Eagle Dynamics is currently looking into these problems.

A.E. W. also was a RL F18 pilot (20 yrs ago)

he shows his truthful vids with all his errors and tell you what goes wrong

AE W also points out where the DCS f18 model is still flawed which is of interest (f.i. the F18 should bounce from the deck and lift nose when on the deck still in a bolter, some flaps behavior etc)

His YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNvV27UZkI8W-jvMA-iGqyQ/videos

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

A.E. W. also was a RL F18 pilot (20 yrs ago)

he shows his truthful vids with all his errors and tell you what goes wrong

AE W also points out where the DCS f18 model is still flawed which is of interest (f.i. the F18 should bounce from the deck and lift nose when on the deck still in a bolter, some flaps behavior etc)

His YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNvV27UZkI8W-jvMA-iGqyQ/videos

+1 :thumbup:

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now