Persian Gulf/Hornet Stream April 15th 9:00am PST (4:00pm GMT)

NineLine

Hi Wags,

What technologies are used to write code for the flight model & other systems? Also, what software is used to create the 3d model Hornet?

Thanks in advance!

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Wags,

I am sure that when the new CVN and Kuznetsov are released they will be awesome but my question is about what will be available for us to use with the Hornet when it is initially released. In the FAQ, you mention that during the early access period you will be working to implement Case I, II and III operations. By that I assume you are referring to providing TACAN and ACLS equipment to the carrier. When the Hornet first comes out, will the Nimitz have a functional catapult and IFOLS for us to use during carrier ops? Thanks! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Wags,

What technologies are used to write code for the flight model & other systems? Also, what software is used to create the 3d model Hornet?

Thanks in advance!

3D Studio Max is Used for 3D Models

For Coding Systems/Flight Models, Usually Visual Studio is Used.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

any chance of seeing King Abdulaziz Air Base, Dhahran Saudi Arabia added to the Persian gulf map? Maybe later when it gets extended more as time goes on? I did notice it on the map near Bahrain ( which is home to US Navy central command and USN 5th fleet)

That airbase is well known during the first Gulf War of being home to USAF and RAF operations during the war

When the A10C was released all those years ago, we got new units/3D models such as the F-15E, KC-135, etc. I know we are getting the updated carrier but will we also get updated 3D models of the SH-60 or new aircraft like the F/A18E and F or the C2 Greyhound? Also perhaps some more U.S. ships like the Arleigh Burke class which is really missing from DCS World.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When the A10C was released all those years ago, we got new units/3D models such as the F-15E, KC-135, etc. I know we are getting the updated carrier but will we also get updated 3D models of the SH-60 or new aircraft like the F/A18E and F or the C2 Greyhound? Also perhaps some more U.S. ships like the Arleigh Burke class which is really missing from DCS World.

Wags has mentioned that we are getting the S-3 Viking, which is mainly going to be used as a tanker but that's as far as we know about assets included with the Hornet as of right now.

A new SH-60 3D model would be absolutely necessary because the current legacy one really looks very horrid and out of place with everything else that is of higher detail and quality.

Do the questions have to be strictly towards the F/A-18 and the New Map ? I want to ask a more general question about DCS (and NO, I am NOT going to ask a stupid question like "Why don't you do that aircraft' or "How hard can it be to do....")

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I'll probably see it when Hornet will be released but...

How forcefeedback will be used with the Hornet ? (as I understand that in real one there is 3.5 labs of force in stick per 1 G force on the airframe.... so 0 force when on the ground, moving stick with one finger, max 3 or some G's at 200 knots so 10.5 labs of force in stick max, max 7.5 G's at 400 knots so 26 labs of force, and so on .... and a bump in force when passing 22° of AOA, wich is very common when manovering the hornet in combat)

I'm curious 1) if I understand well 2) if forcefeedback joysticks will copy the real thing (not in numbers ! but in behaviour)

a new KC-135 and a Arleigh Burke and another ships has in progress.

I hope Kish Island will also be fully modeled in the Map. Please don't miss it!

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

Question: Any plans to improve the current options for "spawn in on MP server" - I would like if we could have the mission planner option from Singleplayer in the Multiplayer lobby?

Question notes:

Especially if we are getting a fast paced work-space like a carrier deck is supposed to be.

Actually I would really like if you mention some of the ideas ED have to improve the growing Multiplayer crowd. I'm not focused on the stability, more the features to come :)

Thank you many times for taking time to stream with us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, as my initial request did not get answered...

These two questions are just out of curiosity

How often, if at all, do ED take inspiration from user "wish" threads and suggestions (talking about the serious suggestions, not the "please make that module" type of suggestions)

How keen are ED on the idea of implementing user generated content in the core of the game, if found reasonable, even in exchange of recognition only (no payment). Talking about scripts, functions, radio communications, etc.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days