No prop effect

Its obvious, the effect from the Spitfire is to heavy, but many consider the P-51 to be just about right. Surely there is a happy medium between how the P51 is and the current 109.

This, is precisely the middle way that is missing for the 109 ...

:thumbup:

I would be unhappy if the propeller obscured my view. It doesn't and I'm happy with that. Besides, when I'm in action, I look at the bandits - not at the propeller disk - so I hadn't even noticed that there is something "missing".

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I would be unhappy if the propeller obscured my view. It doesn't and I'm happy with that. Besides, when I'm in action, I look at the bandits - not at the propeller disk - so I hadn't even noticed that there is something "missing".

But in fact it must not obscure the view, just be visible as in any propeller airplane ...

No person with a sane mind will want the prop disk to obscure the vision..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Here you have from Santa Claus under the tree subtle effect of the propeller, use JSGME or manually copy the CoreMods. Warning adjustment will only work for the SP!

BF-109K-4 Prop effect: file deleted

Having fun that you miss or that you don't want the effect propeller and yet no one even try :( if it's just right.

Edited by petsild

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Having fun that you miss or that you don't want the effect propeller and yet no one even try :( if it's just right.

I don`t want a mod, I would like a proper fix by developers, that`s what why we pay good money for this products. It have to be good and working and also tested not to impact performance which is already not great...particularly in VR.

After looking at the graphic files for the 109 prop blur, I found that they are dated 9/16/2014. So, they have not changed since the 109 was first introduced. I usually fly the P51 and it has a more pronounced effect. When I seen this thread and jumped into a 109 in an online mission. I could not really see the effect, as it was considerably smoother and subtle in comparison to the mustang.

Spending more time testing and actually looking for them from various lighting angles, it is indeed there. I think some of the new lighting changes ED has made may have made the effect even less noticeable, without actually changing the actual graphic files, depending on peoples hardware.

Some differences to keep in mind, the Mustang is a four bladed prop and by default has yellow tips. We can see that color change in the blur, but if you look for the black portion of the prop, it is near invisible.

The 109 and 190 props are a consistent black color and 3 bladed. No color change to key off of, thus harder to see.

What kind of speech is it? so in order not to damage you it's OK to harm others ...:doh:

I thought I was being pretty tounge in check wasnt I?

But although I don't seriously mean that developers should only consider me, me, me, I do honestly think it would be unfair to take something that works brilliantly in VR already and mess it up, simply because other people want a more visible propeller.

Rather than asking for something to be changed point blank without considering those it would affect, you could at least ask that the developers provide an option for a more visible propeller that would not affect VR users.

You see the propeller as it is, doesn't disrupt your gaming experience, but for many VR users if it becomes more visible like the spitfires, it could indeed spoil immersion and enjoyment of the whole module.

So I could turn your question on its head, and ask you the very same thing? As long as it doesent damage you, is it okay to damage others?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

So I could turn your question on its head, and ask you the very same thing? As long as it doesent damage you, is it okay to damage others?

I have never said that you must harm those who use VR, I only said that those who do not use VR, and are notoriously the majority, must be able to fly with the 109 in the same way with the visible prop.

So do not put words in my mouth that I've never said please.

There is a pretty large difference in the translucency of the graphic files for the prop blur of the WWII aircraft, with the 109 and 190 being just barely there and the P51 being a bit more visible. The spitfire on the other hand uses considerably less translucent graphic files, but there are more of them with varying amounts of translucency from near solid to barely there. I assume this is to show more variance in RPM levels than what is currently available with the other props. Whether this is fully implemented yet, I do not know as I do not have the spitfire to see for myself.

I have never said that you must harm those who use VR, I only said that those who do not use VR, and are notoriously the majority, must be able to fly with the 109 in the same way with the visible prop.

Yes but if they do that, you maybe will harm VR users! I know that wasn't your intention originally, but now that you know, and have been warned about the possibly dire consequences, your dastardly plan may have upon VR users such as myself, you can no longer plead ignorance, and look the other way, but have the chance now to speak out on behalf of a poor oppressed minority... :thumbup:

SAY NO TO PROP-OSTION 109 (erghhh)

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Yes but if they do that, you maybe will harm VR users! I know that wasn't your intention originally, but now that you know, and have been warned about the possibly dire consequences, your dastardly plan may have upon VR users such as myself, you can no longer plead ignorance, and look the other way, but have the chance now to speak out on behalf of a poor oppressed minority... :thumbup:

You are talking like this is a black/white issue. It is a matter of translucency with near unlimited levels of variation between clear and solid.

I ask you, how does the Mustang's prop appear to you in VR?

You are talking like this is a black/white issue. It is a matter of translucency with near unlimited levels of variation between clear and solid.

I ask you, how does the Mustang's prop appear to you in VR?

Yeah you're right, though I did say 'maybe harm VR users' for that very reason.

And yes Mustang has a little more artifacts than the BF109 (which has none) but it is mostly fine.

My only intention here is to make sure that the developers will take VR users into consideration if they go ahead and decide to change things. One mans fix is another mans bug!

Hopefully we won't end up with a propeller like the one in the spitfire.

------------

I'm sorry but you still do not understand, yet I have clearly expressed my remarks.

I absolutely do not want to harm users who use VR, I just want the developers to make sure that the propeller is visible for every type of user, both the one who uses VR, and the one who does not use it, and maybe asking too much ?

I'm sorry but you still do not understand, yet I have clearly expressed my remarks.

I absolutely do not want to harm users who use VR, I just want the developers to make sure that the propeller is visible for every type of user, both the one who uses VR, and the one who does not use it, and maybe asking too much ?

See my post before this one that explain more clearly the intentions of my post. I'm not seriously accusing you of trying to harm VR users buddy, and never was. I totally get that, you just want to improve your own sense of immersion.

Again most of what I wrote was just intended as a light hearted joke! I mean come on-

Yes but if they do that, you maybe will harm VR users! I know that wasn't your intention originally, but now that you know, and have been warned about the possibly dire consequences, your dastardly plan may have upon VR users such as myself, you can no longer plead ignorance, and look the other way, but have the chance now to speak out on behalf of a poor oppressed minority... thumbup.gif

Note to self- you are not funny!

------------

Not true, I thought this whole thread was funny. Seriously, this thread perfectly sums up the community here on literally every topic

User #1 I don't like this

User #2 I DO like it

User #3 You're both stupid

User #4 Can't we all just get along?

User #5 *throws knife into crowd* FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

See my post before this one that explain more clearly the intentions of my post. I'm not seriously accusing you of trying to harm VR users buddy, and never was. I totally get that, you just want to improve your own sense of immersion.

Exactly, what you quote is just my intent without harming anyone...

Not true, I thought this whole thread was funny. Seriously, this thread perfectly sums up the community here on literally every topic

User #2 I DO like it

:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

So true to life :D .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

User #2 I DO like it

It seems to me a representation of the users of this community a little exaggerated, simply we talk and we compare to find a common position, it seems to me a positive rather than a negative thing ...