X52 Pro Ministick & Lockon TDS or Radar

Ok, I just got my X52 Pro, and today I went into Lockon for the first time to assign all the rotaries, sliders, and axis.

I assigned the ministick x to the TDS Horizontal slew and the ministick y to the TDS Vert slew. I Flew the Su-25t and it worked great, it slew the TDS Cursor very well. So, I tried the A10, and it worked fine there as well. I few and tested it about 4-5 times, then exited Lockon.

Now it stopped working! I don't know why. I have read lots of posts talking about making Bands and sending keystrokes, but it worked fine without doing this. I didn't pay close attention when I had it working, because I didn't know this could be a problem.

When it worked... I am not sure if I even had a profile loaded in the X52. Or if I had my TrackIR 6dof loaded. I tried it again without TrackIR or a Profile but it still doesn't work anymore!!

I was thinking that the TrackIR was seen as the Mouse in Lockon, so the ministick wouldn't be seen. Or that my profile had something set to the ministick X/Y axis, but I just don't know... I've read a few posts that say to select 'Mouse' from the drop down list, and set the axis there. But mine already assigned Axis0, 1, and 2 to View Horiz, Vert, and Zoom. I assumed for the TrackIR, so I was hesitant to change that. But I finally did change the mouse axis's to control the TDS Horiz and Vert slew. And it work, but not as good as it did the first time I don't think. But now my TrackIR did not work. So the mouse axis seem to be for the TrackIR, Because I set them back the original settings, deleted the /Input/TrackIR.ini file and TrackIR worked again.

Is there any way to get this to work again?? I know for a fact it worked the very first time I tried it, but I don't remember how or why. I flew both the Su25t and the A10 several times, while tweaking the Options and flying again. And the ministick WORKED as the TDS the first time I ran Lockon.

I use the mini stick on my Pro as a mouse and have set the mouse axis(x,y) in Lomac as TDS slew.

Regarding the view horiz , vert and zoom with the mouse(external views) I enabled them to only be active in GRID mode (keyboard button 8 ) I deleted them for the other modes, ie. Nav,BVR,Bore, so on.

Never really use Grid mode so it works fine.

So effectively the mouse controls TDS in modes 1-7 and the external camera in mode 8.

TIR should not be affected IMO.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Regarding the view horiz , vert and zoom with the mouse(external views)
Are you saying that the Mouse view horiz, vert, and zoom are only for External Views, and not for TrackIR at all? Because when I set the Mouse axis up for my ministick, my TrackIR stopped working.

TIR should not be affected IMO.
Do you have a TrackIR? And you also have the X52 Pro's ministick assigned to the TDS vert and horiz slew? Can you post a screenshot? When I am in the Lockon Options/Input for the X52 it only has 3 Axis, 1 Slider, and 3 Rotaries. The 3 Axis are the joystick x, y, and throttle. There are no other axis for the mouse. I thought I saw them this morning when it first work, but now I'm confused...

screenshot031je8.th.jpg screenshot031ae5.th.jpg

This sounds like you did all this from within LOMAC? Personally- I would map the mini stick from the SST.
I used to do this with my X45. It worked ok. But the X52's ministick is strictly a mouse. You cannot make it send buttons unless you change it to bands, and set the bands to send the keys. So, it's different from the X45.

But as I stated above, the first time I started up Lockon, the ministick worked as an Axis. And to me it seemed to work much better than the keycommands. Much finer control. So, I'd like to get that working if possible. But I can always set it up as bands if I have to.

When I am in the Lockon Options/Input for the X52 it only has 3 Axis, 1 Slider, and 3 Rotaries. The 3 Axis are the joystick x, y, and throttle. There are no other axis for the mouse. I thought I saw them this morning when it first work, but now I'm confused...

That could be where you are going wrong, you need to change the options input device to 'mouse' not 'X52'(your mini stick is a mouse) , then put in axis 1 and 0 (for mouse) to the TDS slews.

If you have the ministick set as mouse in your Saitek profile then when the Profile is Activated you should be able to control the mouse cursor on desktop.(just a little test)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

That could be where you are going wrong, you need to change the options input device to 'mouse' not 'X52'(your mini stick is a mouse) , then put in axis 1 and 0 (for mouse) to the TDS slews.
Yea, I was setting the axis for the Mouse, not the X52. My screenshots are for my X52, so that may be confusing here. But I showed those because I am not sure where the axis really were supposed to show up. As I stated, I change the Mouse axis from the vert, horiz, and zoom views to TDS Slew, but then my TrackIR stopped working.

But it sounds like you're saying that is the right thing to do. So, I'll try it again tomorrow. And if the TrackIR stops working again, I'll exit and delete that Input\TrackIR.ini file and see if it fixes the TrackIR.

If you have the ministick set as mouse in your Saitek profile then when the Profile is Activated you should be able to control the mouse cursor on desktop.(just a little test)
Ok. I had changed it to Ministick X/Y Axis (not Ministick X/Y Axis = Mouse <->) at somepoint. I think I tried both several times. But at that point I was not selecting Mouse from Lockon Options I don't think.

It's a little confusing. If you click the little arrow to change how it works, the list is:

• Axis
  • Bands
  • Mouse X Axis
  • Mouse Y Axis

If you select Axis, the description is then 'Ministick X Axis'.

If you select Mouse X Axis, the description is then 'Ministick X Axis - Mouse <->'

I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Thanks!

Got it working!

I just assumed that the Mouse Axis0, 1, and 2 were for my TrackIR since 1) The Mouse Axis's were already assigned to the Horiz, Vert, and Zoom Views for some reason. I know I didn't do it. ;) 2) My TrackIR stopped working when I went into Lockon Options and changed these from the Views to the TDS.

Thanks.