2.5 High End VR users with CPU (6700K,7700K/8700K) with GTX1080Ti POST YOUR SETTINGS

hannibal

Here are my settings for 90fps with Deferred Shading ON. (My 2 most desired performance settings) The major caveat is a 1.0 Pixel Density

Since "Prefer Max Performance" is the only Nvidia setting I know works, thats the only one I set

Notes:

Benchmarked with No Enemy, No Multiplayer, No Clouds

In 2.2 I had use HDR exclusively for multiplayer to hang around 90fps with 1.5 pixel density

With the above settings, a 1.1 Pixel density causes frame drop below 90

Clouds cause a precipitous drop in one quick test

0 MSAA caucus

2 MSAA neveda

unnamed.jpg.400bc73305ef466fa1387d3cf397ca09.jpg

Edited by katdog 5.0

i7-6700k @ 4.69Ghz / 1080GTX +10% / MSI z270 Gaming M7 / Oculus CV1 VR / 16GB DDR4 2850Hz / Corsair H100i v2 / CH Products

Here's mine. i7-8770k 5.ghz 1080Ti OC, 1 T SSD, 16 G 3200.

I'm certainly not getting 90 fps, but I honestly get a very smooth experience. At the moment for some weird reason it holds far more stable than turning DS off and keeping MSSA 4x on. Plays as good as vegas 2.2 did so I couldn't really be happier giving how it looks!

Screen_180202_140522.thumb.png.1293f9d48069e1c86d078bc9cb14a4db.png

Screen_180202_141106.thumb.png.0b13d6cd7502f943b65a22b0ddbbadcf.png

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Unfortunately, I don't believe nVidia Control Panel settings affect VR.

The key to achieving my goal of a balance between high Performance and high Quality was:

VR PD = 1.2

MSAA = 2x

Anisotropic Filtering = 2x

Deferred Shading = ON

Terrain Shadows = FLAT

Cockpit Global Illumination = ON

Full post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3377438&postcount=15

attachment.php?attachmentid=177438&stc=1&d=1517549235

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

These are my in game settings. With this I get a pretty much constant 45 FPS going through cities. Seems only the UH-1 and SA342 drop it at times.

Textures: HIGH

Terrain: HIGH

Civ. Traffic: MED

Water: HIGH

VIS RGE: HIGH

Heat Blur: OFF

Shadows: FLAT

Res: 1280x768 (Because VR)

Resolution of Cockpit Displays: 512 (because VR)

MSAA: OFF

DOF: OFF

Lens Effects: Dirt and Flare

Deferred Shading: ON

Cluuter/Grass: 500

Trees: 100%

Preload: 150000

Chimney Smoke: 4

Gamma: 1.6

AF: OFF

Terrain Objects Details: Default

Cockpit Global: ON

VR Settings

PD: 1.6

Nvidia Profile Inspector Settings. I am forcing AF at 16x and using MSAA at 2x. The picture below was from a just before I started using Inpector to force AF and MSAA instead of using ingame settings. Runs, IMHO, much smoother this way. Profile says DCS 1.5 but it is for 2.5, just reattached DCS.exe from 2.5. I'm swapping between using MFAA and MSAA to see if there is a notable difference with VR, so far nothing I can see.

settings_zpsf5dzasyv.jpg

settings_zpsplmxkavt.pngsettings_zpsplmxkavt.png

Spetz, I don't believe your NVidia Inspector settings are going to make a difference in VR. PD 1.6 might be too much. I know that as I tried lower and lower settings, I found that 1.2 was sufficient as long as I turned on MSAA 2x (which makes everything look TONS better anyway). Also having Terrain Object Details at default rather than flat is going to eat up 20-30 fps. If TOD is at flat, you can then turn Shadows to medium or high and cockpit to 1024. You have a good performance profile for the most part, but you have a few settings that are nullifying it.. and you're also missing out on some really great visual quality. I hope you don't mind the constructive assessment.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

My settings

Here are my settings attached. My computer specs are in my signature.

This was tested in the A-10C Normandy map on the CAS quick mission by flying a few hundred feet above the ground and right through all the AAA & SAMs (set invulnerable!).

Pegged at 45 fps through that mess and once dipped to 39 fps.

This was also done at the stock clock (4.5 GHz) so running my OC profile at 5.0 GHz should be better.

PD is 1.0

I'm still tweaking and fine-tuning.

Capture.thumb.JPG.2f118bea16e5a0c7ce85d552503dc261.JPG

i7-7700k OC'd to 5.0 GHz, ASUS 1080ti OC, 32 GB 3200 MHz G.Skill, Samsung 960 pro M.2, Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek pedals, Valve Index HMD

Okay here is where I am currently just upgraded to a Inno3D X4 1080Ti which runs at 1974Mhz (advertised as 1721Mhz :D ) I'm still fine tuning but the i7 5930 won't OC past *4.1Ghz with this card in it and is proving to be the bottle neck in the system now, if only DCS was fully multithreaded there's like 9 other cores doing sod all that could be put to use keeping the new graphics card hard at work and not simply coasting.

attachment.php?attachmentid=177789&stc=1&d=1517709168

Sorry about the framing I have the new IPD enabled and it does odd thins with dialog boxes and chat text dam things move when you move your head now, odd.

PD is 1

I have been swapping between Derferred Shading on and off and I'm still not sure which is better yet. Frame rate is a solid 45 FPS in helicopters low and close to most objects, alright sometimes it's too close. :D And I can get 90 away from everything on occasion although MSAA eats that up and setting the NVidia control panel settings seems to do nothing for VR.

System

ASUS X99

i7 5930 6/12 core 3.5Ghz to 4.1Ghz

32GB GSkill DDR4 @2400khz

intel 750 series NVME PCIe 400GB SSD

WD 2TB HDD

EVGA 850W PSU

* with the 980Ti I could push the CPU to 4.3~4.4Ghz and that would pretty much flat line the GPU at 100% with 15% CPU utilisation now at about 13% the new GPU sits at 60 to 70% :cry:

Oh and yes MP doesn't seem to change still very smooth and solid 45 FPS ;)

Settings_1080Ti.thumb.png.20de5b3823e2812b2d997a00ae95eb73.png

Edited by FragBum
clock frequencies doh!

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I don't get how you all are turning off deferred shading. There's no way I can do that unless I'm flying night missions. lol

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I don't get how you all are turning off deferred shading. There's no way I can do that unless I'm flying night missions. lol

Its, at least in my case, because the oversaturated colors of some aircraft. See the Mustang, i.e.

The look is terrible. Also, the green reflections of the HUD of some aircraft like the Su25T and overdone. Maybe they need to update every aircraft for deferred shading and global illumination, and some are still pending.

Should be, not only a gamma slider, but also a color, or bright slider to solve this. With HDR, imho, the colors and ilumination look more realistic (or at least, less cartoonish).

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

Its, at least in my case, because the oversaturated colors of some aircraft. See the Mustang, i.e.

The look is terrible. Also, the green reflections of the HUD of some aircraft like the Su25T and overdone. Maybe they need to update every aircraft for deferred shading and global illumination, and some are still pending.

Yes at least for VR I feel it still needs some work, can't comment on those aircraft but for the Helicopters it's not that great. Don't get me wrong I see some of the effects and reflections and such in canopies and they are way cool :thumbup: but I do feel some more work needs to be done otherwise for me it's not worth the VR performance hit and the aliasing and the ASW that comes with it. Looking at some of the screen shots it seems on a large screen it looks pretty darn good.

Should be, not only a gamma slider, but also a color, or bright slider to solve this. With HDR, imho, the colors and ilumination look more realistic (or at least, less cartoonish).

Yes a saturation control for starters. ;)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

My specs are i7 8700k @5.0ghz 32gb ddr4 3000 and 1080ti on a Evo 1tb SSD. These are my settings, mostly high with pixel density of 1.5.

I average 53 fps in the advanced maple flag misisons as that's all I've been doing so far. It stays on 45 when low and there are more targets.

I used to run pixel density 1.8 and even then it was smooth. But I'm trying to get used to 1.5 PD and also it's kind of hard to find targets when trees grow out the ground. So I did turn preload radius all the way up. Still a bit of Pop up so it's not perfect.

cd9698fd8a16a40adb8f9a011dfcbf02.jpg

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

DS is a no go for me. It's much to bright and much to dark depending on scene. Although the colour vibrance is far off.

My preferred settings for clarity and spotting:

PD: 1.5 (sweet spot together with msaa @2x, without 1.6 is best)

Textures: high

Terrain: high

Traffic: off

Vis. Range: high

Heat blur: low (just like your preference)

shadows: off (big fps hit)

Res. of Cockpit Displays: 512 (higher doesnt make sense or any difference in vr)

MSAA: 2x (a must for me)

HDR: off (eating frames)

DS: Off (pretty saturated colours in vr - a no go for me)

Grass: 0 (it has a strange vibrance and hurt my eyes)

Trees: all right

Preload: middle (i'm confused with this one)

Chimney: 1

AF: 4

Terrain shadows: off

Cockpit Illumination: off

With these settings a get a very smooth (70-90 FPS) run in most missions (incl. Multiplayer)

7700k@5.0, 2080Ti OC, 960Pro M2, 32GB 3600 RAM, Virpil T-50CM stick, Virpil T-50 throttle, Trustmaster TPR rudder, HP Reverb consumer

DS is a no go for me. It's much to bright and much to dark depending on scene. Although the colour vibrance is far off.

My preferred settings for clarity and spotting:

PD: 1.5 (sweet spot together with msaa @2x, without 1.6 is best)

Traffic: off

Vis. Range: high

Heat blur: low (just like your preference)

shadows: off (big fps hit)

Res. of Cockpit Displays: 512 (higher doesnt make sense or any difference in vr)

MSAA: 2x (a must for me)

HDR: off (eating frames)

DS: Off (pretty saturated colours in vr - a no go for me)

Grass: 0 (it has a strange vibrance and hurt my eyes)

Trees: all right

Preload: middle (i'm confused with this one)

Chimney: 1

AF: 4

Terrain shadows: off

Cockpit Illumination: off

With these settings a get a very smooth (70-90 FPS) run in most missions (incl. Multiplayer)

Preload radius helps the trees from continuously growing out the ground when you get lower. It just loads assets ahead of time and I find it helps when going after ground targets in bushy areas.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Well I think I have settled on using MSAA x4, and just running a PD of 1.0.

I like MSAA better, and I seem to get better performance running a 1.0 PD with MSAA.

16X AF.

Deferred Shading ON

Gamma at 1.5

Normandy is gorgeous, and I can run with clutter and trees at around 70% and maintain fps in the 70's ( ASW Off) flying low over Normandy in the Spit and of course 90 fps over the sea.

Spent about three days tweaking and testing, think I am just going to leave her be now and just have some fun.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Good thread. My Titan X Pascal is at 2000 MHZ and I have a 8700k at 5000 MHZ with 32 GB ram and intel optane ssd:

I put 1.4 Super Sampling in Oculus Tool (somehow I have impression it looks better than ingame)

Traffic: Medium

Water: Highg

Visib Range: High

Heat Blur: Low

Shadows: flat only

Cocpit Res: 1024

MSAA: 2x (without it shimmers too much...

Depth of Field: off

Lens effects: None

Deferred Shading: On

Clutter: Mid range

Trees: Mid

Preload Radius: 80%

Smoke Dens: 1

Gamma: 2.0

Anisotropic Filtering: 16x

Object Shadows: Flat

I am quite happy while it doesnt always keep the 45 FPS for ASW mostly it does and it looks great however 90 fps I can only dream about the moment I put MSAA on and Defered Shading too.

Edited by StefVR

Well I think I have settled on using MSAA x4, and just running a PD of 1.0.

I like MSAA better, and I seem to get better performance running a 1.0 PD with MSAA.

16X AF.

Deferred Shading ON

Gamma at 1.5

Normandy is gorgeous, and I can run with clutter and trees at around 70% and maintain fps in the 70's ( ASW Off) flying low over Normandy in the Spit and of course 90 fps over the sea.

Spent about three days tweaking and testing, think I am just going to leave her be now and just have some fun.

Haha I know its crazy isn't when you finally get to play the game you realize Jesus Christ this is what I should be doing. I just got voice attack as well, its fricking awesome but means yet more tinkering!

Might give your settings a try though (lol) never tried AF on especially not that high, thought it would be huge performance hit. Totally agree about MSSA I cant live without 4x myself either, and I'd take it over pixel density pretty much every time!

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,