A couple of user issues

Tiger-II

Hi,

I hope these are user problems and not something deeper...

First of all, I'm unable to program counter-measures while sat on the deck. I need to be airborne to set the programs?

I can't fire counter-measure programs manually.

The RADAR only has RWS mode? I can select ACM mode, too, but it seems this is all it has?

BIT test results are either FAIL or DEGR. They can't be cleared even when the system is operational (I push AUTO to restart the tests). Consequently, I'm always flying with a list of failed or degraded systems, which I don't think is correct.

ATS mis-behaves during a carrier approach, even though flight path, thrust, and speed are stable, the aircraft is trimmed, and flying at the approach AoA. It usually pulls off the power and decelerates.

If anyone can help me understand what is happening, that would be great!

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Counter measure programs can only be changed in the air or you make your own mod. There are 1 or 2 default change lua files available if you search.

Recommend the YouTube videos referenced above for counter measures. Counter measures can.be dispensed in 4 different modes, manual, semi-auto, auto, and bypass. You'll have an epiphany about them once you get an understanding of the system setup.

BIT isn't completely implemented yet. It's safe to ignore everything except FCS reset and the basic controls check.

Carrier is ATC is very poor at the moment. The biggest problems are when you need deck lights (at least for me). Otherwise, you might try the LSO script for a more immersive experience.

RWS, ACM, STT, and SIL are the only available radar modes available, currently. LTWS is hopefully not too far off.

It seems like you read the manual. Keep it up!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk