Eject in the sea

Xilon_x

1-when the pilot falls into the sea he sinks into the abyss and dies.

2-when the pilot falls on the ground he leaves the parcadute and walks.

I request that when the pilot falls into the sea he opens the raft kit and turns on the smoke so he can be saved by a helicopter.

Loock this Video documentary important.

Edited by Xilon_x
  • Like 1

As soon as the pilot falls into the sea, the mission is over. So I don't understand why you should put development resources into a detail that interests (almost) nobody.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

As soon as the pilot falls into the sea, the mission is over. So I don't understand why you should put development resources into a detail that interests (almost) nobody.

So are you saying CSAR / marine rescue flying does not interest anyone? In that it is quite important to see what you are going for... Equally important would be the synchronization of ejected player's movement in MP.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

1-You talk about doing firefighting missions

2-you talking about doing aerial photogrammetry missions whit U-2

3-you talking about doing something different from the usual war missions

why not start a new mission ----------saving and rescue typology of missions?

save and rescue missions

we have the means (helicopters jeep trucks) and now to comic them to use them.

Edited by Xilon_x

Just a question: Do we currently have the possibility in DCS to rescue an ejected pilot on land?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I haven't had to eject over water yet so I did not know what actually happened in the water. So I also agree this issue should be addressed now that there will be a lot more traffic over water due to operating off aircraft carriers.

However I think just having a life vest that automatically inflates when you hit the water along with some green dye to be more visible to the rescue helicopter just like in Top Gun. By the way seeing this scene again got me a bit misty eyed. :cry:

Edited by Evoman

Just a question: Do we currently have the possibility in DCS to rescue an ejected pilot on land?

No, something I think is really sad considering the A-10C is/was the flagship of DCS for a lot of people. CSAR is one of the most important missions for the A-10C IRL

For myself, it's a little distressing to eject over water and then drown.

Automatically inflating a raft and having a flare gun in hand shouldn't take a HUGE amount of resources. The same programming can be used for all aircraft, with only minor decal changes.

Heck, I'd pay $5 for that mod. More, if the author deemed it necessary for development.

I don't know what would be needed for a CSAR integration.

Edited by VZ_342

The CSAR script is currently being modified to allow this. But it also takes a mod to add a floating life raft. The problem with ejected pilot in DCS today is that, even once on the ground, it is not something you can pickup. Worse, if the pilot walks away from his touchdown point, it is not shown in MP to the other players.

There is so many things that ED could do with ejected pilots to enable CSAR missions, but I don't think it is on top of their priorities right now.

currently the pilot who falls to the ground can not use the ATC radio to call air rescue or earth rescue. currently if you fall into the desert you die dehydrated.

and if you try walking on foot to the base it will take hours.

Edited by Xilon_x

I would like to click the "" (comunication menu) and add a new option ... for example ---- LAUNCH ALLERT and on the map would appear a new icon flashed with the writing pilot to save.

the multiplayer will see on the map that there are pilots to save and rescue will start.

click another time on the COMMUNICATION MENU (in pilot mode ejected without airplane) and enter another option -------- smoking lance.

Edited by Xilon_x

For myself, it's a little distressing to eject over water and then drown.

Automatically inflating a raft and having a flare gun in hand shouldn't take a HUGE amount of resources. The same programming can be used for all aircraft, with only minor decal changes.

Heck, I'd pay $5 for that mod. More, if the author deemed it necessary for development.

I don't know what would be needed for a CSAR integration.

I think now a days automatically inflated life vests are more common along with color dye when water is detected. Remember the scene from Top Gun.

:pilotfly::helpsmilie:

Edited by Evoman

+1 Would like to see floating pilots with inflatable life vests/dinghies for possible CSAR/SAR missions (either rescuing downed AI pilots in SP, or rescuing players in MP) as well as because, well, that's what actually happens...

A good starting point are assets for life rafts and inflatable dinghies (might also be useful for ships once them sinking is properly implemented).

But you also have rescue hoists simulated (though this is essentially sling-loading, just you can change the length of the rope mid-flight...) the Mil Mi-8MTV2 has a rescue hoist mounted on the left door, but is completely cosmetic and no plans to implement it :sad:

There are a plethora of helicopters that have rescue hoists however, and it would be great to see them implemented in DCS sometime in the future, not just for ©SAR but also for troop insertions.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 6 months later...
The CSAR script is currently being modified to allow this. But it also takes a mod to add a floating life raft. The problem with ejected pilot in DCS today is that, even once on the ground, it is not something you can pickup. Worse, if the pilot walks away from his touchdown point, it is not shown in MP to the other players.

There is so many things that ED could do with ejected pilots to enable CSAR missions, but I don't think it is on top of their priorities right now.

Is there already a updated version of the script available?

Or what happens at the moment with the script if a pilot ejects in the water?

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

For all OP's normally crazy wishes, this one is actually a really good one.

CSAR / SAR would be a massive boost for the helos in DCS, and a really cool feature to add to the sim in general.

Absolutely agree, ©SAR would definitely provide a boost to helos.

And not just ©SAR, what about troop insertions?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

For all OP's normally crazy wishes, this one is actually a really good one.

CSAR / SAR would be a massive boost for the helos in DCS, and a really cool feature to add to the sim in general.

+1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I like the idea about "SAR" on water and land.

However I do not think it is something that anyone really want to use in multiplayer.. Lets face it when you are dead, who want to sit and wait example 1,5 - 2 houres to be picked up and flown home in a "best case scenario ".

( they cant even logout of the sim but have to be there waiting unable to do anything, no fun in that. ). People wound disconnect or respawn.

However, if things was designed in such a way that the ejected pilot stay on the battlefield and have an emergency beacon, and stay there even if people respawn, then the helicopter could so to speak do as they like and do SAR.

I think such thing would be most interesting in a large dynamic campaign system where resources matter.

Example you loose the plane but can get "resouces" back if the pilot is saved.

Example save one pilot and get the weapons back could be a way of rewarding SAR players and returning resources(pilot) to be used again.

This is not the first time this has been in the wishlist. I posted same a couple of times, at least over a year ago.

Yes, pilots should have a life raft and not sink into oblivion and die ending the mission for him. Of course you could always hit escape and get another plane.

Yes, many would love to be able to rescue pilots with their chopper. Myself included and in MP since I only fly MP.

Brings another dimension to Carrier Ops as well. What? No-one remembers The Bridges of Toko-Ri and Mickey Rooney?

Obviously, not everyone is all about realism.

This would be fun in MP. I see chopper pilots in MP looking for things to do all the time.

Also, interesting AI can eject and land on a Carrier but we as clients cannot. My RIO did just that last night.

So just how hard can this be to implement?

Edited by MegOhm_SD
Cuz

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10