A taste of things to come...

baltic_dragon

Can't tell if that's a firing squad or we're going to get a "Final Countdown" campaign where players go back to early October of 1881 and attempt to suppress the Clantons and thereby avoid the Shootout At The OK Corral...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

A-10C and Baltic - take my money.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

As long as we still get a mirage campaign, Im very happy. Time to review and dust off the hog. It will be a fun experience to get back after spending time on faster aircraft. These campaigns are a big part of what keeps me playing, I am not a fan of multiplayer.

These campaigns are a big part of what keeps me playing, I am not a fan of multiplayer.

Exactly my thoughts

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Can't tell if that's a firing squad or we're going to get a "Final Countdown" campaign where players go back to early October of 1881 and attempt to suppress the Clantons and thereby avoid the Shootout At The OK Corral...

Sounds like fun.

I'l bring my KA-50.

:joystick:

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

As long as we still get a mirage campaign, Im very happy. Time to review and dust off the hog. It will be a fun experience to get back after spending time on faster aircraft. These campaigns are a big part of what keeps me playing, I am not a fan of multiplayer.

Exactly my thoughts

....and exactely my thoughts too :thumbup: . I don't like Multiplayer at all !!!!!

Sneaky and accurat AI, cunning written Campaigns (dynamically would be the best) and beeing independent from Internet/Online - that's what I really appreciate;

if ED wouldn't have corrected their primary stupid "being forced to be online every 3 days or so mod" to the good "offline mod" wehave now, I would have never ever bought the F/A-18C or any other module anymore.

If well done, I would definitely pay for an enhanced AI-Package or Campaign also.

All the best.

Edited by NevSmith

....and exactely my thoughts too :thumbup: . I don't like Multiplayer at all !!!!!

Sneaky and accurat AI, cunning written Campaigns (dynamically would be the best) and beeing independent from Internet/Online - that's what I really appreciate;

if ED wouldn't have corrected their primary stupid "being forced to be online every 3 days or so mod" to the good "offline mod" wehave now, I would have never ever bought the F/A-18C or any other module anymore.

If well done, I would definitely pay for an enhanced AI-Package or Campaign also.

All the best.

That's quite an odd statement. In the year of our lord 2018; how can being connected to the internet be a problem?

The harsh truth is, MP community is what gives longevity to the sim. In fact I struggle to finish my purchased campaigns, because I keep flying more and more online.

The harsh truth is, most players never go on-line. Campaigns give their experience longevity...

The number of members on the forum vs. the number of people playing online proves that so easily.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That's quite an odd statement. In the year of our lord 2018; how can being connected to the internet be a problem?

The harsh truth is, MP community is what gives longevity to the sim. In fact I struggle to finish my purchased campaigns, because I keep flying more and more online.

...and I've another harsh truth FOR YOU: what gives longevity to a sim is not it's capability for playing it online only, it is it's versatility for shure.

Something for everyone!

For multiplayer fanboys as for singleplayers as well; with a good portion of decent AI and challenging campaigns which are both at its best: scripted and dynamic. Something for novices and experts, embedded in a living world....

If you would trawl through other flightsim forums, then you would discover that others are singleplayers foremost too, with cravings for good campaigns and a smart AI. Make your own researches; but you will not find this virtual pilots in your multiplayer-bubble for shure.

I can only talk for me: but one of the main reasons is, that my profession as a medical doctor at hospital is very stressful (many many night shifts, irregular hours of labor, long working hours....)

So, in my spare tiime I want to play DCS (or this other flightsim) when I want to play, not when someone of the MP Community is online, this or that event is happening, or being stressed because internet gets slow suddenly...I mean, there can be many reasons, we all know that.

If you operate your sim on a study level (and I love to study) your approach will be different as if you fly online primarily. On this level you have to deal with the objective on a intellectual degree, you have to knead and think different issues, new stuff, and so on... . Very similar like doing a workshop or something like that.

For me, this is flight simming in its best! And learning or even mastering new, cunning campaigns the supreme discipline of our gorgeous hobby.

And another aspect is: i grew up in the 70's and 80's.

We had no smartphones, no cellphones, no internet or social media, even no personal-computer.

Just a telephone at home. Did we miss this modern stuff of today, which degrades us more and more to become slaves of our own hamster-wheel ? No! Back then the world was stressful enough already, but nowadays :cry: ????

And there are other points too, but I'm shure you would'nt understand it.

All the very best.

Edited by NevSmith

Hey Doc NevSmith,

Single player for me. Grew up in the 40's and 50's, we didn't have a phone. We had a radio.

I had many, many, many, friends. We were outside most of the time. Suppose to be home by

dark. Biggest punishment was being made to stay inside.....

Laz :D

always prefer SP as well, you can play and replay at your own convenience and pace, don't even have to put up with some whining dude about its sooo unfair lol.

and as for in this day and age internet.............I guess you don't live in the middle of nowhere, where we like it nice and quiet with crap connections.

oh don't think I don't like to play online, where I used to live a long while ago I came in the top 10 of a FPS I played a lot, I just don't choose to play online much anymore

The harsh truth is, most players never go on-line. Campaigns give their experience longevity...

If you're an ED Tester, you've been doing a horrible job at it. The current state of MP stability may be why most players have stopped going online. But nothing beats PvP or coop. A human will give you a better fight, any day. The current AI cheats and has minimal limitations imposed by gravity, weight, thrust or realism.

So these scripted campaigns are a one trick pony. Good for 1 play, then done. Unless you enjoy winning by memorizing the AI moves on a mission you've played over and over.

All the best.

+4 :book:

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

may be why most players have stopped going online

The truth of the matter is that most gamers only do SP, and that's a well-known fact in the industry. The MP contingent is loud and opinionated, true, but they're still the minority, and the devs know this. And those who pay the piper call the tunes...

PS/ EDIT: Mind you that I do both myself, so I'm not really taking sides here. Just stating a fact, that's all.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Will have to learn the A10c just to play your campaigns Sir! To me Mirage ones are an amazing learning n incitation into learning tool! Feeling that it prepares me to go for online fun at some point. Nice!!

Edited by Jetsun

If you're an ED Tester, you've been doing a horrible job at it. The current state of MP stability may be why most players have stopped going online. But nothing beats PvP or coop. A human will give you a better fight, any day. The current AI cheats and has minimal limitations imposed by gravity, weight, thrust or realism.

So these scripted campaigns are a one trick pony. Good for 1 play, then done. Unless you enjoy winning by memorizing the AI moves on a mission you've played over and over.

...yea, well said. That's why I'm hoping desperately that ED gets the curve implementing more dynamic aspects in missions.

Or they will design more campaings maybe in future on the basis; creating campaigns can be very rewarding for developers (creativity, research, sound, strategic thinking....) and of course clients as well.

If done properly and interesting, I'll always pay for new campaigns if they are available for my preferred aircraft.

Hey Doc NevSmith,

Single player for me. Grew up in the 40's and 50's, we didn't have a phone. We had a radio.

I had many, many, many, friends. We were outside most of the time. Suppose to be home by

dark. Biggest punishment was being made to stay inside.....

Laz :D

Hey lazduc! Same as me: we all always had to be outside; doing a looooot of pranks :music_whistling: .

And the only advanced flight simulator we could afford was this one....images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmNpE8SfTzfpvzSu5VwoONkJNbHDOp3oDc-hk2AeeKPmnY1M1I

....but I've been raised in the Alps of Austria and the wind there was pretty strong for such a light-weight fighter most of the time :pilotfly:.

All the very best.

Edited by NevSmith

Tester can only test so far and I'm sure everything has been reported that can be. Dedi servers are coming anyway, so there will be more to test and this should help with MP moving forward.

The AI is not that bad, there is a LOT of room for improvement and a scripted campaigns/missions can have unlimited random group position spawn points with different skills or random skills. This can be further randomized by a group being partially kill and randomly spawning in the others etc. This can make any mission very different to a large extent, much more work for the mission designer tho. If you own the A-10C or Ka-50 you can open some of the campaign missions and see the different random spawning groups on mission start.

I mostly use single player. It still is fun jumping online from time to time tho. I recommend you give it a go if you haven't, it's a whole new dynamic to the normal game play.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Will have to learn the A10c just to play your campaigns Sir! To me Mirage ones are an amazing learning n incitation into learning tool! Feeling that it prepares me to go for online fun at some point. Nice!!

I should warn you, there is a lot to learn with the A-10C, so it's probably a good idea to get started as soon as possible. Every time I come back to it after a while, I still have to take some time to re-learn the HOTAS commands for each SOI. On the other hand, there's so many different features and functions in that aircraft that it should allow for a lot of creativity with the campaign.