JTAC for KA-50

Ehm, think this hasn't been answered quite clearly? On the first page the mod creator states that this mod will work with vehicles like P-51 and SU-25 T but no one actually elaborates?

How is that supposed to work if you have no radio like in Ka-50?

Can anyone work me through the working process step by step if it is possible at all? Could an A-10 somehow laser targets for me (Su-25 T) in multiplayer, i.e. "private" server?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that supposed to work if you have no radio like in Ka-50?

I don't understand this part... :huh:

Can anyone work me through the working process step by step if it is possible at all? Could an A-10 somehow laser targets for me (Su-25 T) in multiplayer, i.e. "private" server?

[/Quote]

Well that would be possible if you add selectable, US laser codes to the SU-25T. This would require coding hat goes beyond my capabilities. Besides, it is totally unrealistic. Maybe ask your question in the How-to section. You never know, someone may have the same idea and happens to be or know a skilled coder.

'Frett'

• 3 weeks later...

Changelog for V1.3 added to first post. Will release the mod and updated manual after some more testing.

I need 1 or 2 volunteers for that. Please PM me if you're interested...

EDIT:

Thanks for the replies. No more volunteers needed for testing... Release ASAP.

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Is version 1.3 of Ka50 jtac working properly with DCS world 1.2.3?

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Yes, but there are some issues with requesting remarks if you receive another task. Checking out and in again helps...

Thanks TurboHog,

I just wanted to check before i installed it and it messed up.

I will give it a go!

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Is version 1.3 of Ka50 jtac working properly with DCS world 1.2.3?

If it is I can't get it going, have double checked installation of 1.3 jtac mod, checked freq of jtac vehicles in test mission, checked freq in 828 radio config, read new manual and followed to the letter, by turning on vhf-1, select correct channel and hold tune button down. Call jtac via radio command and get now response

Have tried the test mission, made my own fresh mission, still no go, tried in a muliplay mission whilst online and it worked, called and got reply (it worked), I chose not to go any further than that.

Has me baffelled as to why it mostly doesnt work, and then out of the blue in some random mission it works.

Would appreciate any form of enlightenment.

Cheers, Ian

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

worked lke a charm for me. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

If it is I can't get it going, have double checked installation of 1.3 jtac mod, checked freq of jtac vehicles in test mission, checked freq in 828 radio config, read new manual and followed to the letter, by turning on vhf-1, select correct channel and hold tune button down. Call jtac via radio command and get now response

Have tried the test mission, made my own fresh mission, still no go, tried in a muliplay mission whilst online and it worked, called and got reply (it worked), I chose not to go any further than that.

Has me baffelled as to why it mostly doesnt work, and then out of the blue in some random mission it works.

Would appreciate any form of enlightenment.

Cheers, Ian

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing.

If you call the JTAC, do you hear yourself checking in?.

So far there have been a couple of people with the same problem. It turned out that they were missing a simple detail. Check again if you're doing the radio procedure right.

Do you have any other (sound) mods that might cause a conflict?

If nothing works I can always send you v1.2 to see if that makes any difference...

'Frett'

It is working great still for me.

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing.

If you call the JTAC, do you hear yourself checking in?.

yes checking in was playing back ok

So far there have been a couple of people with the same problem. It turned out that they were missing a simple detail. Check again if you're doing the radio procedure right.

After a bit of sleep, and a lot of double / triple checking, removing all other mods and using repaired version of DCSW back to defaults, I have Jtac working

Cause of problem - Error in user.exe (ie me)

• Using channel numbers listed in the R-828.lua file to select channel on the actual radio to talk to jtac craft, thinking that listed 0 was actually channel 10, and that 1 was 31mhz, 2=32mhz, etc

Actually works like this:

• Channel#: R-828.lua: Frequency
  • 1 0 30mhz
  • 2 1 31mhz
  • 3 2 32mhz
  • 4 3 33mhz
  • 5 4 34mhz
  • 6 5 40mhz
  • 7 6 41mhz
  • 8 7 42mhz
  • 9 8 43mhz
  • 10 9 44mhz

Do you have any other (sound) mods that might cause a conflict?

Was running real sound 2.0, but shouldn't cause problems, will re test, when i re-install it

If nothing works I can always send you v1.2 to see if that makes any difference...

Thanks, but I was running that version ok before, but I hardly use jtac at the moment, as I usually fly russian most times, but some missions it would be very handy for finding some hard to find targets, STP Dragons the DAM is one, that requires you to kill all ground targets, before the mission can continue and those manpads are hard to find, but I suppose jtac wouldn't see them either.

Thanks for reply.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Is there ever going to be any way to get JTAC to work with Russian side?

It is annoying you have to completely rebuild the stock missions to put in a NATO JTAC.

It would be easier if you could change the coalitions around.

I might have to look at modifying coalitions in mission files with a text editor.

On another note, ED should really add this to the default DCS World there is no reason not to it is so great.

Thanks TurboHog.

Is there ever going to be any way to get JTAC to work with Russian side?

It is annoying you have to completely rebuild the stock missions to put in a NATO JTAC.

It would be easier if you could change the coalitions around.

I might have to look at modifying coalitions in mission files with a text editor.

On another note, ED should really add this to the default DCS World there is no reason not to it is so great.

Thanks TurboHog.

Now I suppose you know but just in case. JTAC is bound to NATO or USSR, not red or blue.

A line from me_action_db.lua, which defines all the advanced waypoint actions, filters out the FAC tasks for USSR units because of the following line:

verifyGroupCapability = isWesternCountry

After commenting this line out you can actually assign an advanced waypoint task like 'FAC - engage group' to a Russian ground unit in the ME...

I still have the files that enable JTAC for USSR units. I was also able to assign a callsign (1, 2, 3, etc.) and a frequency. However, JTAC didn't want to respond for an unknown reason.

Go ahead if you want to experiment. Take a look at these files/lines:

Missioneditor\modules\me_action_db.lua remove or comment out lines 600, 764 and 774 (EDIT: this is the v1.2.2 file. Lines are now different due to this bomb on point task that was added for v1.2.3). This will enable all the FAC tasks for USSR units. You can also find the set_frequency command here.

Scripts\Database\db_callnames.lua. I tried adding the line:

callnames(country.RUSSIA, 'Ground Units', vehicleCallsigns);

Between line 110 and 111.

I also tried to make a new table for Russian ground units using American callsigns. Maybe try FARP callsigns and see if they work.

I will also give it another try when I have time again...

'Frett'

bump for this. Su-25s would benefit a lot from FAC/JTAC

Somewhere in this thread:

Yes I can do that. But the mod is really aimed for the Ka-50. What can a SU-25T do with MGRS or DMS coordinates? WP is the best and only option. Secondly, without a radio you will be adressing ALL JTAC's and players. I don't know what that is going to be like but it can't be very good.

If the Su-25 gets a proper radio equal to the radio equipment in the Ka-50 I might do it.

and of course you are free to experiment. Also found in this thread:

Mhh I tried this for 1.2.0 and it worked. However, the comm.lua is very different now. Maybe it will use the new 'lockonairplane.lua' for radio items...

If the latter is true, then try this:

- find \DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\Config\Lo ckonairplane.lua

Go to line 396 (actually the end of the document) and add this line:

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/JTAC.lua', getfenv()))(6)

the number 9 is the number in the radio menu (F9)

And see if it works. JTAC will use MGRS I think because the L/L is scripted for the KA-50 only. But you can't enter coordinates anyway...

I think some lines don't have sound due to missing sound files... But other than that it should work.

'Frett'

How to fix the coordinates on L/L ?

Будьте осторожнее в своих желаниях.

Прошу все мои сообщения считать случайным набором букв , цифр , и прочих знаков орфографии, не несущих смысловой нагрузки.

How to fix the coordinates on L/L ?

That is already done for you if you install the mod. Just make sure that you overwrite NATO.lua again. You've probably overwritten this because of another mod.

Find it here:

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Sounds\Speech\NATO.lua

• Like 1

'Frett'

Oh, yes. thank you very much.

:):):)

Будьте осторожнее в своих желаниях.

Прошу все мои сообщения считать случайным набором букв , цифр , и прочих знаков орфографии, не несущих смысловой нагрузки.