Differential braking?

Rudel_chw

Hello,

I can't find how to use the wheel brakes separately: left or right ... does anyone knows if the MiG-21 allow differential braking?

I'm editing a Cold Start training mission, and one of the steps is a wheel brake check that goes like this:

11. Check for serviceability of the brake system with the nose wheel brake engaged and disengaged. With the brake lever fully pressed, the pressure should be within the limits of 9 to 10 kgf/cm2.

When the pedals are fully deflected, while keeping the brake lever pressed, the pressure in the un-braked wheel should drop to zero.

Thanks for any help you may give me on this :thumbup:

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

pneumatic and ruder...

disengage the nose wheel brake, on taxi speed press the brake lever and hold it now use the ruder pedals to brake only left or right.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

Yes, Mig-21 uses differential breaking.

Not sure what the problem is, just press and hold the lever on the stick (W key or an axis) and turn the rudder pedals in desired direction (Z,X keys or an axis). The pressure reading drops on the gauge on the bottom front panel, behind the stick, just like in the description.

Yes, Mig-21 uses differential breaking.

Not sure what the problem is, just press and hold the lever on the stick (W key or an axis) and turn the rudder pedals in desired direction (Z,X keys or an axis). The pressure reading drops on the gauge on the bottom front panel, behind the stick, just like in the description.

You are right ... silly me, I was looking for separate controls keybinds for the left and right brake pedals (or an axis for them). Thanks for the help :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

More accurately, apply full rudder in the direction you wish to turn, then govern the tightness of the turn with the brake. At least, that's how I learned on the L-39 when I had a chance in one.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Thanks to all for the input .. as I said, I was looking for a brake pedals keybind and didn't find any, so I said to myself "this is the kind of doubt that I can surely get an answer to on the Forums" :) ... and in a few hours I had the doubt solved .. thanks to all, and this is the segment of my mission where I do use this knowledge :)

tfbAOVY1SIw

So, thanks again :thumbup: