Virtual Squadron NOW recruiting

TexasThunder

VF-111 currently operates the F-14B Tomcat as a member squadron of Carrier Group 1 (CG-1). Our mission sets are air superiority, fleet defense, and strike. We train for complex large scale operations and emphasize the execution of realistic procedures and tactics where possible (and practicable).

We utilize SRS for two-way communications during flight. Official flight times are Sundays at 2030 Eastern Time with unofficial flights and training events spread throughout the week. Correspondence and planning during off hours is typically conducted via Discord.

The on-boarding process consists of a probationary period where applicants will be given time to familiarize themselves with the squadron and the nature of our operations. Applicants are introduced to our training program which will allow them to build confidence in their aircraft, and gain proficiency in our procedures. Once an applicant has become sufficiently acclimated to the environment and all parties involved have determined an applicant is a good fit, full membership will be granted. Ages 18 plus preferred- good attitude and team mindset required...

https://discord.gg/tNQW9y9

IptStOo.png.6034b1c094d086917709f5d4eeb3f160.png

Edited by TexasThunder

I'd like to join a squadron, but immediately being railroaded into downloading an unfamiliar app rather put me off. It has the whiff of a pyramid scheme about it. Which is a little ironic, given your logo.

Edited by JupiterJoe

Discord a pyramid scheme?

top kek

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

I'd like to join a squadron, but immediately being railroaded into downloading an unfamiliar app rather put me off. It has the whiff of a pyramid scheme about it. Which is a little ironic, given your logo.

ive never heard discord and pyramid scheme in the same sentence before :lol:

what makes you think that?

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also worth mentioning we are getting ready to begin a training rotation at NTTR in the next month or so. This rotation is planned to include a fighter weapons course to develop stick and rudder / flight tactics and then a Red Flag type scenario to develop skills required to participate in large scale operations. Now is a good time to get involved with the group! We are accepting folks of all skill levels, and provide 1 on 1 training- so long as you have a good attitude and are willing to keep working at improving your skills.

VF-111 SUNDOWNERS

VF-111_forum_sig.png

VF-111 Discord