Any news on engine sounds?

laertesson

There are some new sounds in the works.

Check the Razbam bug tracker web site.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Hi, the spool down sounds have been added - WIP some new engine sounds but we have more to add, some from the community : )

Thanks for the news decoy - and thanks even more for the GPWS sound updates. The harrier’s audio is nearing perfection.

Can't wait to hear his plans. Thanks for the extra update!

Can't wait to hear his work :)

This sounds like the start of something good :D

I'm such a child at heart :music_whistling:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...

Spool down sound added!

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

New sound just killed module for me. High pitched whine that will send me deaf...horrible

It seems like theyre trying to add the buzzsaw sound on mid RPM, but the fact that it persists through high RPM is not at all realistic and also sounds awkward. The old high RPM sound (when takeoff water is on full tilt) was much better, but I really appreciate them attempting to add the buzzsaw sounds.

Once they are refined a bit this will absolutely be a worthwhile addition to the sound of the airplane.

In real life, buzzsaw seems to only be audible at a very specific RPM range, and I don't think what's just been added is right. Maybe we can get an update from the new sound engineer if RAZBAM/Decoy is reading?

Edited by laertesson

It seems like theyre trying to add the buzzsaw sound on mid RPM, but the fact that it persists through high RPM is not at all realistic and also sounds awkward. The old high RPM sound (when takeoff water is on full tilt) was much better, but I really appreciate them attempting to add the buzzsaw sounds.

Once they are refined a bit this will absolutely be a worthwhile addition to the sound of the airplane.

In real life, buzzsaw seems to only be audible at a very specific RPM range, and I don't think what's just been added is right. Maybe we can get an update from the new sound engineer if RAZBAM/Decoy is reading?

+1 as an improvement would be welcome. Looking forward to the Fast idle solenoid As well

The "buzzsaw" sound you're referring to has to do with the Inlet Guide Vanes opening and changing airflow into the HP compressor. Can hear it on this video I made many years ago.

Do note. with a helmet on, this sound would be drastically reduced.

So this seems to be just a sound effect, while the actual RPM still drops too slowly.

Exactly what I warned about in other threads, when I was told not to worry, they will also rework the RPM behavior... sure.

Nice "cosmetic" addition anyway, adds to the immersion.

Edited by bkthunder
spelling

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

The "buzzsaw" sound you're referring to has to do with the Inlet Guide Vanes opening and changing airflow into the HP compressor. Can hear it on this video I made many years ago.

Do note. with a helmet on, this sound would be drastically reduced.

Thanks for the video, that surely is the sound I'm talking about. It's a bit like the WIP sounds we're hearing now to me, just needs a bit of refinement.