BVR Tactics with the AIM-7M

Sandman1330

poppycock. there's like 3 servers (the more popular ones, even) that are at least as terrain control centric as your average tactical shooter. the fact that everyone plays terrain control as if it's TDM is an issue with player mindset.

It's an issue with lack of aaa and sams.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

it's an issue with the fact that the majority of players don't know how drag works and the fact that countermeasures are so effective you can often get away with pulling stupid crap like sacrificing all of your potential energy and firing up from a high drag environment as long as you get a little lucky on your CM diceroll, and in addition the balance calculus is off on both sides - on blue you can get away with playing dirt eagle because your missiles are so much better and on the red side you are forced into it because your missiles have 0% PK past WVR and so there's no incentive to actually increase your F-pole because hitting anything at your increased range is impossible.

and also the lack of AAA and SHORAD granted that isn't really true in some servers where it will be quite thick due to helibois doing heliboi things around your bases.

Hi guys,

quick question: What does „skating“ and „cranking“ mean?

I‘m following this thread with great interest since - despite being with DCS for more than 10 years now (but entirely in the mud moving business) - I am a real newbie when it comes to air to air combat. In the past mainly flew the A-10C (couple hundred hours so I call this jet home) and more recently the lovely AJS-37 Viggen. Needless to say in either jet I always take great care to avoid any A2A engagements in my SP missions...even though I managed to kill a few Su-25s with the Hog...poor guys :lol:

Now with the Hornet, I feel it is time for me to dive a bit deeper into the A2A arena but I am really just at the veeeery beginning.

Hi, Download this. Explains a lot of terms.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=322&act=down&actionhash=guest