looking for shortcut key for weapon cycle...

fitness88

These are are all shortcuts and all on the HOTAS?

DTC needs a designate button

NWS disengage

4 Way thumb for A2A quick selection, then straight to the castle switch for modes, very intuitive when in close.

X-F18.png

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

You can make them any key you choose. Arrow down, Arrow left etc. Unless your flying the aircraft with these keys.;)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Don't remember right now, but search under the HOTAS section of keyboard shortcuts. TDC designate and NWS for undesignate.

There's no fc3-like cycle weapons shortcut. AA weapons are selected using 4way switch and A2G weapons are selected on the MFDs.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Don't remember right now, but search under the HOTAS section of keyboard shortcuts. TDC designate and NWS for undesignate.

There's no fc3-like cycle weapons shortcut. AA weapons are selected using 4way switch and A2G weapons are selected on the MFDs.

Thanks I've seen other commands that need to be mapped as well to the HSI push buttons. I've seen the commands for each individual weapon but I was hoping for a cycle button. I need to get used to using the cockpit buttons more and not try and map all the things I did in FC3.

I'll look for the lock/unlock commands under the HOTAS?

Thanks I've seen other commands that need to be mapped as well to the HSI push buttons. I've seen the commands for each individual weapon but I was hoping for a cycle button. I need to get used to using the cockpit buttons more and not try and map all the things I did in FC3.

I'll look for the lock/unlock commands under the HOTAS?

lock key corresponds to sensor select depress button, unclock corresponds do "undesignate", simple as that.

As for A2A weapons just bind the correspondend buttons under for guns , there is a list for these commands called aim7,aim9, ,guns, somethin like that.

Also there is a very good youtube video from GRimreapers

or this one as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItBYk5piqLw

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

lock key corresponds to sensor select depress button, unclock corresponds do "undesignate", simple as that.

As for A2A weapons just bind the correspondend buttons under for guns , there is a list for these commands called aim7,aim9, ,guns, somethin like that.

Also there is a very good youtube video from GRimreapers

or this one as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItBYk5piqLw

Under what category is sensor select button?

edit:'enter' button

Edited by fitness88

Under what category is sensor select button?

edit:'enter' button

Under 'Sensors' section I believe.

It's diff from FC3 or even BMS F-16. Takes some getting use to.

As earlier post said, there is no weapon cycling command. Select the A-A weapons separately one at a time.

As for designate, it's a button press along with the 4-way TDC if you have the HOTAS for it. In my case (T Flight Hotas X) I have to use a combination of the POV HAT to TDC and another button to designate.

Undesignate is another command that is combined with Nosewheel Steering.

Cheers

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

I'm bodging together a Suncom F-15 stick grip mod to work with my warthog base (to be similar to F/A-18 stick). For a few reasons I'm stuck with the single legacy thumb button instead of a 4 way switch. I'd like to use this button to cycle A-A weapons. Can anybody suggest a way to make this work? I don't use TARGET much, can it be done in there or is there an easy way to code this into DCS?

I'm relatively new to DCS. I have been a long time BMS / Il2 CLOD guy. Loving the hornet so far in VR!!!

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC @ 4.2GHz) | MSI B450 Tomahawk | 32GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3200 | MSI Duke RTX 2080ti | 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SSD | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Track IR 5 | HP Reverb | TM Warthog HOTAS (with Delta Sim Slew Mod) | TM F/A 18 Stick | TM TPR Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | Jetseat FSE | Windows 10 Pro

DCS Modules: CA | FC3 | F-86 | UH-1 | Spitfire | P-51D | BF 109K-4 | F-5E | F-14 | F/A-18C | Normandy | Nevada | Persian Gulf

I'm bodging together a Suncom F-15 stick grip mod to work with my warthog base (to be similar to F/A-18 stick). For a few reasons I'm stuck with the single legacy thumb button instead of a 4 way switch. I'd like to use this button to cycle A-A weapons. Can anybody suggest a way to make this work? I don't use TARGET much, can it be done in there or is there an easy way to code this into DCS?

I'm relatively new to DCS. I have been a long time BMS / Il2 CLOD guy. Loving the hornet so far in VR!!!

You can code directly into DCS. I do that with some mapping but most mapping is done through my HOTAS software X52 Pro because you don't get the options that the X52 sw gives. If you're going to use the DCS program use the modifiers to get the most out of it.