Can't load Nevada and Normady

Moved DCS World 2.5 Open Beta to D: Everything is working except Normandy and Nevada. They will not load. The Persian Gulf and Caucasus load fine.

The program crashes\locks up looking for my authentication key. There seems to be a problem with the registry finding this in DCS in drive D:

I have drive D: Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta in the start icon properties.

Have removed and reinstalled with no help. Everything works fine except those 2 terrains

I did not move DCS from drive C: I uninstalled it completely and reinstalled it into drive D:

• ED Team

Hi sixgun

try a cleanup and repair ( guide in my signature )

if you have no joy attach your dcs.log we should see some clues

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

:cheer3nc::beer::cheer3nc: Got it fixed. Had to install DCS World 2.5 on C: and install Normandy and Nevada. It wanted my authentication key # for both. Once I did that, I opened DCS Open Beta and it worked fine. I then removed the Nevada and Normandy from DCS World 2.5 on my C: drive leaving the basic DCS World 2.5.

I now have 123gb free on C: I will be operating DCS World OpenBeta on D: drive. It's working fine now. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Similar issue on a clean install of DCS 2.5 Open Beta. Go to load mission editor, it wants my activation key, but the key window is stuck behind the load screen for the mission editor. In fact, everything is stuck behind it and I can't close it. Can't task manager it. Lovely.

When I installed DCS it asked me proper for some activation keys and I popped those in. Awesome. Off to the races. Why didn't it ask for the Nevada key then? That's mostly rhetorical, I'm just a bit miffed that all my available options have been taken away from me thanks to this window not popping properly. Consequently, the company I work for had a similar issue a month ago with our software. We had a work around that beat restarting the PC though so that's a moral victory I suppose. Anyway, I hope that gets fixed soon. I'll restart and try to activate Nevada in the module manager and try again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Restarted and tried it again. The key is in the module manager so DCS World has the information it needs. It's still popping the window up. I'm attempting the repair now. Will post results later.

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, so the repair does work. The activation window popped up on top of the load screen. It is still annoying that the key is ALREADY IN DCS WORLD but that it STILL MADE ME ACTIVATE IT AGAIN. I'm not as mad as what all caps alludes to but it is frustrating.

Anyway, if anyone stumbles into this problem, I'll confirm that running the repair allows the window to pop up so you can enter the activation. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]