VR Cockpit furniture

farmertom

I have an Obutto R3volution with a 42" TV mounted as the monitor. Works great for VR and non-VR flying. I can quickly exchange side-stick and center sticks, and quickly swap throttles, for when I switch between BMS and DCS.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

i have a Wheelstand pro that fits my Warthog HOTAS and Crosswind MFG combination to a tee. It's sturdy, can be folded away and it doesn't look bad, although it doesn't really matter what it looks like, when you have a headset on.

http://wheelstandpro.com/products/wheel-stand-pro-for-thrustmaster-hotas-warthog-saitek-x-55-x52pro-x65---deluxe-v2-

Oh, and you can get a smaller mount for the joystick, so that it fits more easily between your legs.

Built my pc table from an old school woodwork bench which has a lift up mini table with a velcroed on trackball, two slots to keep my keyboard vertical and a mini table on wheels on the floor for my crosswinds. For vr it works very well

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Everyone has a different approach to their VR setups. Myself, I have everything I need bolted to my chair, that I bought just for making a VR cockpit chair out of. Decided welding onto an HM Embody was not a good call considering how much it cost. DX Racer Drifter series fit the bill and has been a surprisingly amazing chair considering the rep many 'gamer' chairs have. Not a sign of wear and tear and 0 squeaks or issues in 2 yrs of ownership. Handles the 20+ lbs of gear bolted to it without issue.

i have a Wheelstand pro that fits my Warthog HOTAS and Crosswind MFG combination to a tee. It's sturdy, can be folded away and it doesn't look bad, although it doesn't really matter what it looks like, when you have a headset on.

http://wheelstandpro.com/products/wheel-stand-pro-for-thrustmaster-hotas-warthog-saitek-x-55-x52pro-x65---deluxe-v2-

Oh, and you can get a smaller mount for the joystick, so that it fits more easily between your legs.

Same here! Probably some of the best money I have spent in this hobby.

I have a pft puma control for helos with a speedmaster Flight rear the front is disassembled behind the seat my laptop is on a small laptop cart that the pedals of the puma fit under with room to spare

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

A question for you VR guys.

What kind of furniture, chairs, wheel stands, etc do you use/recommend while in VR?

How comfortable are you with DIY/Woodworking?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1