DCS: NS430 for Yak-52?

Schmidtfire

Dear ED team,

Please consider support for DCS: NS430

A: It offers more value and gameplay, navigating around Caucasus.

B: You will sell more NS430 modules...

C: and Yak-52 modules...

D: Older aircrafts are often flown with GPS these days, It will be a good

OPTIONAL addon that enhance realism.

So, will it be avalible for the Yak-52? :)

2cfw6kz.jpg

Best regards

• Like 1

I agree, but if you had to buy the NS-430 again for the Yak-52, that would be a big nope.

Indeed.

Though I understood from the description of the NS430 that it would be a one-time purchase, and it would then work on any module that implemented it... but I guess the description was a bit vague, and no other modules announced for it yet.

The only way to justify the GPS module is to have it serve in multiple aircraft - otherwise we are headed fast toward the "buy kerosene and missiles" end of the spectrum.

Hopes up for gps integration on the Yak!

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• 2 weeks later...
Indeed.

Though I understood from the description of the NS430 that it would be a one-time purchase, and it would then work on any module that implemented it... but I guess the description was a bit vague, and no other modules announced for it yet.

The only way to justify the GPS module is to have it serve in multiple aircraft - otherwise we are headed fast toward the "buy kerosene and missiles" end of the spectrum.

Hopes up for gps integration on the Yak!

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

+1

System Specs: i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz 1.35V HT Off|Asus Maximus XI|Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti|G.Skill Trident Z 64GB DDR4 3200MHz C14|Samsung 2TB 960 Pro M.2 SSD (DCS)|Samsung 1TB 960 Pro M.2 SSD (Win 10)|Corsair HX850i|Custom Loop

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 Please ED make it happen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

This wouldn't be very convenient...

Moreover, from what I know, military aircrafts are not equiped with civilian GPS like the NS430. Now I could be wrong, feel free to correct me if that's the case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mi-8 is an example of a military aircraft with the GPS. Now you are thinking of old tech aircraft which can still be modified, i'm very sure that versions like the Su-25TM have modern instruments in now

Mi-8 is used by civil companies as well. They're the only ones I've seen equiped with a NS430.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Moreover, from what I know, military aircrafts are not equiped with civilian GPS like the NS430. Now I could be wrong, feel free to correct me if that's the case.

Neither is using the keyboard to change ripple settings, pylons or gun settings, but it is what it is...

I'd have expected the Russian military to use GLONASS, but there's at least one video on youtube of an Su-25A with a very garminesque GPS system bolted into the cockpit...

It will be selectable if it is added as a module for Su-25 and bought, if it were GLONASS it would have the same functions, so no-one makes/allows anyone use anything that adds any abilities that are unavailable in real life...

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

For while during the 90's they even put consumer GPS into the Tomcat (during combat ops over yugoslavia). More precise than the old INS but a bit risky to trust a couple of AA batteries that had to be swapped ;) Later on they made sure to hook them up to external power from the aircraft.

You could probably mount the NS430 to about anything, so I don't think it would be an unrealistic addon for most modules.

• 3 weeks later...

Neither is using the keyboard to change ripple settings, pylons or gun settings, but it is what it is...

g13-gaming-gameboard-images.png.26a6f9b9fa76c1c618b0e976cbd69280.png

No less convenient than say taking your hand off the collective to hit the ground moving target button, or arming a laser or changing the aiming point of a gun turret, or take a hand off the stick to engage the autopilot functions as I have assigned to keyboard presses. (Ka-50 on the mind apparently.)

Almost more convenient than reaching for a mouse. Guess it depends on how you arrange and visualize things.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.