Targeting in the A-10A

slaintemaith

How is it, while slewing around my target box while ground-stabilized, my maverick seeker-head wants to lock on to anything BUT what I want to to lock on to. Buildings. Trees. Antennas. Baby carriages. Old women crossing the street. Never tanks and CERTAINLY never a primary target...

Mission 1 in "The Valley" campaign seems impossible since I cannot get my mavericks to hit anything useful.

Does anyone else have this issue, or do I just suck that badly at this game? It's been putting me off for years now in an endless cycle of try, research, try, get frustrated, reinstall two years later. Try again.... repeat.

Edited by slaintemaith

It's been an incredibly long standing issue with the A10A's mavericks, we're talking like since the LOMAC days. It's only really an issue if units are super clumped together, or in urban areas. For the first mission of the valley try using your gun/CBU-97s instead, the subsequent missions move out of the city and into the surrounding open fields and forests, at that point the mavericks are much easier to use! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]