So, have to buy CA to take helm of the Carrier? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-18-2020, 06:25 PM   #21
vstolmech513

I was thinking that CA integration would be more geared towards using the weapons systems to defend the carrier. At least, that's how I interpreted: "Fully modelled sensors and weapon systems" and hopefully it's for both the carrier and the destroyers.
vstolmech513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 06:35 PM   #22
Greyman

With CA it most probably will be, but it would appear that some think that piloting the ships without CA has been stated by ED, as a feature of the Supercarrier, and it was that statement that I was looking for.
Greyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:02 PM   #23
Terrorban

As far as I know, they never said anything like that until recently on their store page where it says "Combined Arms integration." Since Combined Arms' main point is taking control of the units, you can see what this thread is about.

Now ED is saying they do not even know what they mean by that so right now it is just a sales pitch and they will do something with it when they get around to it.

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED -LEARNING- UNTOUCHED
Terrorban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #24
SkipCarey

Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support
Thats gonna be awesome IMHO
SkipCarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:19 PM   #25
Greyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorban View Post
As far as I know, they never said anything like that until recently on their store page where it says "Combined Arms integration." Since Combined Arms' main point is taking control of the units, you can see what this thread is about.

Now ED is saying they do not even know what they mean by that so right now it is just a sales pitch and they will do something with it when they get around to it.
So the lack of clarity is around how it will interact with CA and there has been nothing about piloting ships without CA?
Old 01-19-2020, 02:21 AM   #26
||CaptHawk

I thought maybe CA integration was more about operating vehicles on board like tugs. So while not a big deal still adds to the realism. As far as operating the ship itself that should be within the mod itself, not tied to CA. Land, Sea, Air ... CA being Land.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates"
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Intel Core i7 3770K @4.2 | Asus P8Z77-V Pro Thunderbolt | 32GB Patriot Limited Addition DDR3 1600MHz Ram | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen|Saitek x52 Pro|
||CaptHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:25 AM   #27
=JUICE=

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Maverick] View Post
Neither is asking to get modules for free because you don't think you should have to pay for something someone else developed.

To control surface units in DCS you need to own CA, its not fair of you to expect features from another module to be included in this one because you don't want to pay for the extra functionality that CA gives you.

Exactly Mav...heck, the Carrier Module only $25 if you own a salt-water aircraft...and CA is so cheap these days with sales, literally $20USD right now.....you tell him bud!

Last edited by =JUICE=; 01-19-2020 at 02:45 AM.
=JUICE= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:45 AM   #28
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephyrius View Post
How is it sensible to pile on $40 for CA on top of the $50 supercarrier just to be able to drive the damn thing?
If they charge aircraft module-level prices people should expect that level of control and fidelity.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...combined_arms/

It's not $40 right now. Good value for the money at the moment, at $20 actually. Being able to control things while flying in the same mission is actually quite a nice tool to take advantage of.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR

Last edited by Ziptie; 01-19-2020 at 02:50 AM.
Ziptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:20 AM   #29
Uxi

I've heard bad things about CA in VR so would not be inclined to get it until those are addressed. Hope it's not needed to steer the Supercarrier, in any case.
---
Samsung Odyssey+ WMR HMD; VKB Gunfighter 2 with MCG Pro + T-rudder, Virpil T-50CM v3 Throttle
Uxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:30 AM   #30
Greyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||CaptHawk View Post
I thought maybe CA integration was more about operating vehicles on board like tugs. So while not a big deal still adds to the realism. As far as operating the ship itself that should be within the mod itself, not tied to CA. Land, Sea, Air ... CA being Land.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
So it looks like we might be relying on ED's good will and development resource, to include what is effectively a wishlist feature, into a product that is nearing completion?

If it was already there, then I'm sure they would have said so and as it would appear that they have never said that it would be included, i don't see how anyone can complain if they decide not to add it.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.