ED please make option to block this Cheat??

CoBlue

Kneeboard current position mark point. Our own mini GPS with the ability to make unlimited kneeboard mark point's. It works in any airplane/chopper.

Just imagine the navigational cheating going on with this un-blockable feature on MP servers.

It's not fair to 3:rd party dev's that worked hard making real navigation systems simulation. And not fair to DCS pilots that spent hours learning real IFR navigation.

This has no place in an hardcore simulator IMO.

ED please make an option to block this cheat on MP servers?

(And to all of you not considering this a cheat, note I'm just asking ED to provide an option to block it.)

1.thumb.png.a6fe2f995014872709131e0d51c5f4de.png

2.thumb.png.08569700b23891e0314717782d817fc3.png

• Like 7

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

for the untrained eyes, what should i be seeing in picture 1 and 2?

The little > markers which can be placed on the kneeboard map by the player to show current position. By spamming them you can also effectively show your flight path.

I agree that it effectively kills navigational realism.

• Like 3

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

ED please make an option to block this cheat on MP servers?

I believe it should exist only in game mode, just like F10 map, superfast rearm, magic rapair, autostarts... but what possible advantage would you get from those markers in MP?

Oh, there's another cheat: in comm menu friendly airports are sorted from nearest to furthest... or is it by radio signal strenght? :)

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Calling an option in a game a cheat, is a bit harsh.

Not harsh but accurate.

You don't need to navigate by using any other than kneeboard.

• Like 3

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Whats a cheat on this one? I fly small Cessnas and usually have a map or an ipad with me and i can make as much markers there as i want, too. So its not even unrealistic !? The question is, are my markers correct.

I don't mind if kneeboard marks became blockable on MP servers. F10 info is blockable, too. But whether this will be a game changer...? I doubt it.

For some, which can't navigate without it, it will be. The rest, probably don't use it anyway.

There are servers such as Korea and Cold war, where navigation is part of the challenge. This arcadish "feature" totally removes that challenge. It should be in the gameplay "options" and to be possible to force it enabled/disabled in the ME like any other gamey feature.

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whats a cheat on this one? I fly small Cessnas and usually have a map or an ipad with me and i can make as much markers there as i want, too. So its not even unrealistic !? The question is, are my markers correct.

Did people that flew on Cessna at 1945- 1980 had an Ipad or gps on board ?

Do your markers on the dcs map the same way as in your cessna, not by pressing left ctrl+k then it will be realistic.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You answer your own question.

1. It is not inaccurate.

2. All you need to do is press a button to get your position and heading added to kneeboard map.

Now, do you know how to navigate in basic manner if you get to know your exact location and heading when your electronic systems are down?

The kneemap should be just that, a map with drawed waypoints. The player itself should need to go and draw the position if they so want.

All this the feature is, is like a TOO on the modern combat aircraft, press it and your current location is marked and you can slave all sensors to it etc.

Now you can just fly, mark the positions easily or keep track of your flight and get bearings instantly by looking kneeboard.

At least update for the marking is required, a general area and heading and limit the time space you can do it.

• Like 3

You answer your own question.

1. It is not inaccurate.

2. All you need to do is press a button to get your position and heading added to kneeboard map.

Now, do you know how to navigate in basic manner if you get to know your exact location and heading when your electronic systems are down?

The kneemap should be just that, a map with drawed waypoints. The player itself should need to go and draw the position if they so want.

All this the feature is, is like a TOO on the modern combat aircraft, press it and your current location is marked and you can slave all sensors to it etc.

Now you can just fly, mark the positions easily or keep track of your flight and get bearings instantly by looking kneeboard.

At least update for the marking is required, a general area and heading and limit the time space you can do it.

Yep, this would make a bit more sense, press the button and the marker appear after X seconds, simulating you actually spent time to calculate it and the accuracy is X miles and X degrees.

It would still be unrealistic tho as it removes the requirement to track the time and speed, fly with constant speed and be able to actually do the math while flying instead of simply press a button.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its a game feature / function to assist, in other words, an aid. Not a cheat.

Seriously, the word cheat is being misused like mad around these parts.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I agree, it isn't a cheat. I also agree, it should be able to be disabled on MP servers.

However, I don't think it is that big of a deal. I imagine most of the players on MP servers know how to navigate themselves and don't use this feature, or even know about (I didn't until i read this thread). The ones that do use it are probably lacking other skills that this slight aid probably doesn't make up for.

Sometimes i jump on some server and no nav. points at all. Kuznetsov somewhere on the open sea, noting visual around (no land...). Really i don't know my position and only that Kneeboard option help me. Maps are for that, right? I use it only for that and is not cheat for me.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Yep, this would make a bit more sense, press the button and the marker appear after X seconds, simulating you actually spent time to calculate it and the accuracy is X miles and X degrees.

It would still be unrealistic tho as it removes the requirement to track the time and speed, fly with constant speed and be able to actually do the math while flying instead of simply press a button.

Yes it does disable those. It would be nice to actually see a virtual ruler (the distance measurement tool) to be easily usable (like click ruler and then move its center axis around, click again and rotate it around the axis) and then have a virtual keypad even for mouse to type own numbers like times etc.

• Like 3

Well how about this, put a password on your server and only fly on it and than no one will ever use this said cheat...

New hotness: I7 8700k 4.7ghz, Crucial Ballistix 32gb ddr4, EVGA RTX2080 Super, TM Warthog, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 6700 ~3.2GHZ, 32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX1080 TM Warthog. Rift CV1.

It's not a cheat, but I would certainly like manual points for the map so that pilots can make error in plotting their positions. As much as I like the kneemap marking functionality, I have never used since I found out that it knows your position automatically.

I believe it should exist only in game mode, just like F10 map, superfast rearm, magic rapair, autostarts

There is no reason for this. Especially with the F10 map given the state of AWACS. I'd prefer a good AWACS, but at the moment F10 is the best way to actually simulate AWACS guidance (ie you play the role of the pilot and the AWACS operator at the same time). Degrading our capabilities below what they should be is as bad as inflating them. You can also focus on tactical rather than strategic realism, which is the point of the fast repairs and rearms (though I'd like realistic options for those too).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

everybody has this thing. how can it be cheat?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Is this thread about if it is a cheat or if you should be able to disable it on MP servers if you want to, like F10 map info?

Caus it is certainly not a cheat, as long as everybody can use it.

But if you like to show off superior navigation skills, ED could offer a checkbox for it on MP servers.

No big deal. This or the other way. I get back flying...

I believe it should exist only in game mode, just like F10 map, superfast rearm, magic rapair, autostarts... but what possible advantage would you get from those markers in MP?

Sorry this is one of that really stupid ideas. I don't wanna wait 20-30 minutes to get my bird refueled and rearmed when i have just 2-3 hours to fly on an evening. Then you get your bird damaged make it back to the base and wait the next couple of days till your bird is repaired without flying it? And what's the problem with an autostart button? As far as i know you are much faster if you know the procedure and skip all the (virtual) unnecessary test buttons.

And i don't see the kneeboard markings as a cheat because its only an advantage in the early jets and warbirds. Everything else has a navigation system where your predefined flightplan is already programmed.

Edited by erniedaoage
  • Like 1

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

How do you want to play your game? I personally don't care how you do it. If you play on a server, sure have it as an option to allow or not.

I won't tell you how to play your game, you don't tell me how to play mine.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet