DCS: F-86F Official EN Flight Manual

derelor

DCS: F-86F Official EN Flight Manual Preview

Yes, where exactly do you see a contradiction with the text in the manual ;) I hope we will be able to update all the screenshots in the manual to match all recent texture/model updates and fixes.

Contradiction is that above the text quoted by me you describe the operation of this lever (together with the screenshot of it).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Small thing under 3.2.3.

"The engine fuel flow rate is controlled by the fuel control system (fuel automation system) that consists of the main fuel system and emergency fuel systems system."

My suggestions for 3.2.5 and 3.2.6.

Fixed, please verify.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

3.1.3 Flaps, page 51.

The flap control system is electrical, supplied from the primary bus. Each flap has an individual electrical engine. The control circuits of the electrical engines are electrically interconnected while the flap control actuators themselves are mechanically interconnected. This ensures availability of both flaps in case of failure of a single electrical circuit or failure of a single engine. It also prevents asynchronous extension and retraction of flaps.

In English, you wouldn't normally say "electrical engine". From the F-86 manual: "An individual electrical circuit and individual electric motor actuate each flap." Also, they are not electrically interconnected other than being mechanically controlled by the same switch. The redundancy is increased by making the electrical circuits and actuators independent (or isolated), hence the use of the word "individual" in the manual.

The original paragraph would have better English and be more accurate in this format:

The flap system is controlled electrically with power supplied by the primary bus. Each flap is actuated by an individual electrical circuit and an individual electric motor. The flaps are mechanically interconnected. This ensures availability of both flaps in case of failure of a single electrical circuit or failure of a single electric motor. It also prevents asynchronous extension and retraction of flaps.

Compare with the manual:

The wing flaps are controlled and operated by the primary bus. The slotted-type flaps extend spanwise from the fuselage to the aileron on each each wing panel. An individual electrical circuit and individual electric motor are provided to actuate each flap. The flaps are mechanically interconnected so that if one actuating motor or electrical circuit fails, the respective flaps will be actuated through mechanical linkage with the opposite flap. This mechanical interlinkage also prevents individual or uneven flap operation, and a brake coil within each actuator prevents air loads from moving the flaps. No emergency system is provided, as enough protection is afforded in the normal system by the mechanical interconnection, the individual actuator motors, and the individual actuator motor circuits. There is no flap position indicator.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you all for your suggestions! Most of them have been incorporated - please check updated document.

I'd like to unify keyboard command format in the document. Currently we have a mix of two different formats:

1. Without spaces, e.g. [RCTRL+A]

2. With spaces, e.g. [RCTRL + A]

Which do you prefer and why?

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

• ED Team
Thank you all for your suggestions! Most of them have been incorporated - please check updated document.

I'd like to unify keyboard command format in the document. Currently we have a mix of two different formats:

1. Without spaces, e.g. [RCTRL+A]

2. With spaces, e.g. [RCTRL + A]

Which do you prefer and why?

I prefer with spaces because in Options in Controls section it is there as well. It just looks more unified to me the manual and simulator.

Edited by f-18hornet

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Version Control Info in Flight Manual!!!

Please include document version control in the flight manual!

That's a standard approach in professional manuals and really a MUST in manuals of this size and complexity.

I have not seen version control info in any of the ED flight manuals and this module would be a good one to start the practice.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Any reason why I'm only seeing 153 pages in the manual? I've tried direct and dropbox downloads on 2 PCs, and it's always the same? What am I doing wrong, I'm missing 1/2 the important stuff and can't figure this thing out.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1