DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I miss something, is this patch not available for Steam yet? My version in game says 2.5.5.41962.

Yes it’s called a beta

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Yes it’s called a beta

Steam had the 2.5.6 beta available briefly, then they rolled it back. It was available for both Steam and standalone for a short period of time.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Steam had the 2.5.6 beta available briefly, then they rolled it back. It was available for both Steam and standalone for a short period of time.

Cheers,

Don

Well that's nice - so does anybody know why? and when it will be pushed out to steam beta users?

Well that's nice - so does anybody know why? and when it will be pushed out to steam beta users?

You don't want it right now, trust me. It's quite game breaking in it's current state. Causing massive memory leak issues in MP, loads of bugs for rearming "hot" aircraft, missing external fuel tank options, carrier cat hookups often times result in server crashing (or yourself) by becoming "one with the deck." No idea, an official ED member would have to comment on when 2.5.6 will be released back to Steam - but there are many people working hard right now to report bugs and come up with solution(s) to fix the most pressing ones, if not all of them.

PS - welcome to the forums.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

You don't want it right now, trust me. It's quite game breaking in it's current state. Causing massive memory leak issues in MP, loads of bugs for rearming "hot" aircraft, missing external fuel tank options, carrier cat hookups often times result in server crashing (or yourself) by becoming "one with the deck." No idea, an official ED member would have to comment on when 2.5.6 will be released back to Steam - but there are many people working hard right now to report bugs and come up with solution(s) to fix the most pressing ones, if not all of them.

PS - welcome to the forums.

Cheers,

Don

Thanks Ziptle for the info, happy to remain on the current version !

massive lags and long time loag ups also sometime get error saying wrong window load in VR.

going back to bos till hot fixes are done

The “wrong window” message is for when DCS is no longer the focused screen. Also, you now have to ALT+TAB out of DCS, rather than dragging the mouse over desktop and clicking. They’ve now made it so you can’t accidentally click out of DCS while flying in VR. It’s actually a good thing, in my opinion.

Cheers,

Don

Genuine thanks for the info from the other poster about the roll back. I wasn't aware.

You’re welcome sir!

Cheers,

Don

Can some share the instructions on how to roll back to the previous version? I have the 10% issue and don’t want to lose voice attack or Vaicom
Easiest way is to use Skatezilla's updater utility - sorry cannot post link as we have a power outage so I am on my mobile

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Can some share the instructions on how to roll back to the previous version? I have the 10% issue and don’t want to lose voice attack or Vaicom

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

If you have the space I recommend you backup the previous DCS game folder every time there's a new update. When the next update comes around, if you want to go back you just rename folders.

In this case I made a copy of 2.5.5 on the same drive (say in a folder named DCS OpenBeta 2.5.5). When my live DCS (in folder DCS OpenBeta) is updated to 2.5.6, I can rename that to DCS OpenBeta 2.5.6, rename DCS OpenBeta 2.5.5 to DCS OpenBeta, and I'm back to where I was. Both versions remain available for testing, comparing files, etc.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Any news about steam update? :(

Dont worry, i fall back to 2.5.5.

New lights and colors are impresive but optimization and performance in VR = -50%

Before adding new features to the world, will be a good practice see the impact in the customers rings.

VR is flyable if you wanna fly alone in la emply world (with some sutters but you can fly).

VR IS NOT FLYABLE in MP and in complex enviroments....

I hope ED comes with a solution soon for VR USER.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

If you have the space I recommend you backup the previous DCS game folder every time there's a new update. When the next update comes around, if you want to go back you just rename folders.

In this case I made a copy of 2.5.5 on the same drive (say in a folder named DCS OpenBeta 2.5.5). When my live DCS (in folder DCS OpenBeta) is updated to 2.5.6, I can rename that to DCS OpenBeta 2.5.6, rename DCS OpenBeta 2.5.5 to DCS OpenBeta, and I'm back to where I was. Both versions remain available for testing, comparing files, etc.

Hi Hippo,

this seems to be a good advice. One question, because I’m not quite an expert with Windows: many programs have files all over the OS, not only in its main folder. So what should I save to really have a complete backup of DCS?

Because there is also the „DCS-user-folder“ in the „Saved Games-Folder“, where the User-missions can be found, for example.

So is it enough to copy the „Programs (x86) Eagle Dynamics“ and the „Saved-Games / DCS-Folder“ to have a complete Backup, or is there something more of importance, which is recommended to run the game as before?

Thanks for help / answer.

Always good to have a backup of Saved Games, just in case. In practice, I find that I can just switch the main game folders around, and everything just works without touching Saved Games.

I don't believe that DCSW uses any other folders or stores information anywhere else. Actually I can copy the main game folder alone to another computer, and the game will run and create all the required files in Saved Games from scratch - of course, I lose all settings, missions, etc.

P.S. It's probably no longer an issue nowadays, but I always install DCSW outside of program files (I use "D:\DCS World OpenBeta" and would use "C:\DCS World OpenBeta" if I wasn't using a 2nd drive). Just eliminates another possible source of problems.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Always good to have a backup of Saved Games, just in case. In practice, I find that I can just switch the main game folders around, and everything just works without touching Saved Games.

I don't believe that DCSW uses any other folders or stores information anywhere else. Actually I can copy the main game folder alone to another computer, and the game will run and create all the required files in Saved Games from scratch - of course, I lose all settings, missions, etc.

P.S. It's probably no longer an issue nowadays, but I always install DCSW outside of program files (I use "D:\DCS World OpenBeta" and would use "C:\DCS World OpenBeta" if I wasn't using a 2nd drive). Just eliminates another possible source of problems.

Thank you for your quick response, I appreciate it :thumbup:

All SP instant action.

OB 2.5.6.43505

f16 takeoff Nevada 62 fps

f18 cold dark Nevada 52 fps

f14 watching devil dogs pilot 62 /rio 23 fps

OB 2.5.5.41962 (old one)

f16 takeoff Nevada 81 fps

f18 cold dark Nevada 64 fps

f14 watching devil dogs pilot 80 /rio 74 fps

OB 2.5.6.43505 ???

OB 2.5.6.43503 is the version, isn't it?

Feel the need, the need for speed forum.jpg

I feel the need...the need for speed. Highway...to the danger zone. Gonna take you right into the danger zone.

MB ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer, CPU i5 4690, GPU MSI GTX 970 4GB, RAM Corsair Vengeance blue 24GB, SSD Samsung EVO 860 500GB, T16000M FCS Hotas, PS3 cam with Opentrack.

Something fishy here. I also wrote 43505 in the title of one of my posts, only to see later that it was wrong. I initially blamed it on a typo / poor eyesight, as I copied the number off the main menu screen.

Maybe I had copied it correctly after all, and it's changed since?

Not entirely true,

What is this for?,

users/yourname/appdata/local/temp/DCS.openbeta

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Not entirely true,

What is this for?,

users/yourname/appdata/local/temp/DCS.openbeta

Checked that and it very much looks like it's being used thoughout the update process, but definately not needed to run DCS. It's in the temp path anyway - you're literally free to kick everything out of that one as long as Windows lets you.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Just to say Vaicom is now patched so you should be good to go:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal