JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Hi all,

There are very weird weapons being loaded in the Mirage 2000C on the JDF server.

One can clearly see in the attached picture that the missiles are merged with the wing rails.

This "EG14_Victor" somehow manages to shoot invisible missiles and get kills with blanks, it's not the first time I see him around and he uses different names.

Does anyone knows what's going on here?

Cheers!

Hi !

It is very likely that you are connecting with the current "stable" client (2.5.5.39384) to the Open Beta server (2.5.5.40647).

This is (I think by mistake) not blocked when the JF17 came about.

In this case many weapons are "rearranged" and all sort of interesting thing may happen on screen :)

No cheating or weapon mods...

*EDIT* : This is not correct. I have seen this with proper client as well. I hope it's DCS's bug and will be corrected soon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222984&stc=1&d=1576404022

wrongWeapons.thumb.png.b9c7d8592a59937835c975148fa5d026.png

Edited by Flighter

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

I saw the previous post some fake server is coming up, Maybe I am getting it now, why it is happening.

BrokenArrow,

this is a bad thing to say. Sounds vindictive and childish.

Anyone can join any server they like, and everybody can make any mission they wish. But STEALING your server's name and pretending they are something they are not, is lame and wrong.

And you post an insult like this just because some ppl disagree with your opinion ! Well, Clint put it very nicely :

Ahhh... you got to laugh !

PS The YT clip is not meant as a personal remark, it's something for all of US to remember.

Cherrs !

Edited by Flighter

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

BrokenArrow,

this is a bad thing to say. Sounds vindictive and childish.

Anyone can join any server they like, and everybody can make any mission they wish. But STEALING your server's name and pretending they are something they are not, is lame and wrong.

And you post an insult like this just because some ppl disagree with your opinion ! Well, Clint put it very nicely :

Ahhh... you got to laugh !

PS The YT clip is not meant as a personal remark, it's something for all of US to remember.

Cherrs !

That very sad to see that is the only one sentence you have to comment about on my posts. And why should I feel "vindictive"? I am thankful that we have a Dogfight server.

I am not sure, maybe because my first language is not English, I did not say I support someone else stealing someone's work. But there might be people creating fake servers because of these limitations.

Yeah if someone copy server name exactly that might be "childish". But if someone designs similar mission their own, similar to JSF, allow all dogfighting weapons and names it DOGFIGHT I don't think there is nothing illegal about it. Did you have different thoughts about that?

Also, the point I have to say is there is a scope for Dogfight server pretty similar to JSF, that allow all dogfighting weapons. I don't think that not hate against anyone but it is a smart idea. And I am not surprised if such a server comes up.

Anyway, I am so sorry if that hurt you so much.:smilewink:.

-------------------------------------------------

AMD 3700x, 32GB 3600 C16 RAM, 2080 Ti FE, 32UD89 4K 60, 300Mbps LAN

There are only 3 sexy airplanes in the sky, Flanker, Viper, Raptor

Hey all!

This server really became a pain in the butt for stability.

I still try my luck but for whatever reason, the room crashes my DCS.

Don't have that on other rooms right now...

While I managed to stay in for more then 10', I got shot down by Jf17 using an aim54 mk47....

I loved this room but really, we need to leave mods off except for the skins....

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Hi !

It is very likely that you are connecting with the current "stable" client (2.5.5.39384) to the Open Beta server (2.5.5.40647).

This is (I think by mistake) not blocked when the JF17 came about.

In this case many weapons are "rearranged" and all sort of interesting thing may happen on screen :)

No cheating or weapon mods...

*EDIT* : This is not correct. I have seen this with proper client as well. I hope it's DCS's bug and will be corrected soon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222984&stc=1&d=1576404022

Hi Flighter,

It's definitely a weapons mod, some people cheat on the server, it's a fact. :mad:

That looks like a russian Su-27 with an american AIM-54A Phoenix loaded...

Hey all!

This server really became a pain in the butt for stability.

I still try my luck but for whatever reason, the room crashes my DCS.

Don't have that on other rooms right now...

While I managed to stay in for more then 10', I got shot down by Jf17 using an aim54 mk47....

I loved this room but really, we need to leave mods off except for the skins....

Hi VIXEN413,

That happens to me too on the current Open Beta JDF v2.4k, however if I select a slot that spawns in the ground or at the carrier somehow it keeps DCS from crashing...

I don't have this problem in the JDF v2.4h or any other servers, I can spawn anywhere without DCS crashing.

Cheers!

Edited by eT!0n

Anyway, I am so sorry if that hurt you so much.:smilewink:.

Hi Broken Arrow !

All is good ! No feelings were hurt during the making of these posts !

You are always welcome in our little server !

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Flighter,

It's definitely a weapons mod, some people cheat on the server, it's a fact. :mad:

That looks like a russian Su-27 with an american AIM-54A Phoenix loaded...

Hi VIXEN413,

That happens to me too on the current Open Beta JDF v2.4k, however if I select a slot that spawns in the ground or at the carrier somehow it keeps DCS from crashing...

I don't have this problem in the JDF v2.4h or any other servers, I can spawn anywhere without DCS crashing.

Cheers!

Hi Etion, company.

There should be no mods allowed as we have the integrity checks on.

If that can be bypassed, then we have an issue. If you have any known way of a glitch/cheat etc, PM me so I can figure a way to minimize it if possible.

I have rebuilt the stores in the 2.4k version of the mission. I was hoping that it could correct any mistakes carried over from previous missions files.

We'll see how it goes. Let me know of any issues.

I will also look into the crashing of clients, but I had no issues like that for many months now. And I see A LOT of people playing for hours with no problems, so it is something specific to some (unlucky) users. Go figure...

Regarding the pic I posted, it's a JF17 flown by the AI. There is no way that this is a player's doing, so there is definitely something wrong.

Later !

🙂 Smile 🙂

hey there,

I had some free time today and will again later in the afternoon so, and because I m a stubborn person, Tried my luck again on the JDF server.

Ended up doing some 1V1 against "angry farmer" and had great time. Sorry if I didn't answered you in chat, I have a hard time with the keyboard in VR...

It was just a testing morning and I narrowed down the instability issues to be linked with D/L.

air spawn slots start with DL ON and it crashes to desktop after a bit. if I turn DL off straight away when spawning in, no more crashes.

That's also the same side if I boot on the CV, the DL is not on so no crashes.

this DL problem came up after the introduction of JF17. something related to that module is not right DL wise i think.

Also, the f18 slots with 9X are screwed. When I launch a 9X, i m stuck and can't launch any other sidewinder. switching to 9M and I can shoot them again.

When the first one leaves, I see it leaving the plane with about 20kts more then my jet only. try slow. Useless... Dunno what hinders it.

So if I take a slot with 9M only on the F18, it works alright.. but then I need to quickly reconfig my radar as it spawns in PDI and sees nothing unless I cycle trough weapons to get back on PRF...

I m only on stable DCS but I feel like beta user on this room...

Ah well, ads some fun I guess....

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Just played on it an hour or so.

Theory confirmed.

Nobody in jf17. And dl off. All was good. Great fight everyone! Lots of fun

Just played on it an hour or so.

Theory confirmed.

Nobody in jf17. And dl off. All was good. Great fight everyone! Lots of fun

Hi Vixen !

Thanks for your time and the update.

Please tell me what is "dl". The only thing that comes to mind is Dynamic Lighting (see prepar3d), something similar to global illumination ?

The weapons you see not accelerating is part of the server's configuration. Not a fault or a bug.

All the long range missiles are like that (100% "faulty") and from time to time the AIM9Xs with various random failure rates.

Aim7s and friends are at the moment at 75 % chances of failure.

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

May be DL is Data link?

I did wondered sometimes why i can overtake 9x fired by me. :) But i think i canot see failure rate warning for 9x like other missiles.

If missile failure rate is 100%, should why is it enabled in the server ;).

-------------------------------------------------

AMD 3700x, 32GB 3600 C16 RAM, 2080 Ti FE, 32UD89 4K 60, 300Mbps LAN

There are only 3 sexy airplanes in the sky, Flanker, Viper, Raptor

May be DL is Data link?

I did wondered sometimes why i can overtake 9x fired by me. :) But i think i canot see failure rate warning for 9x like other missiles.

If missile failure rate is 100%, should why is it enabled in the server ;).

Yes, that must be it !!

I was looking into settings !

Thank you both.

I have the failed message display off since the new system that shows the missile not accelerating... Maybe I should leave it on.

The failure rate system was the solution to a bug in DCS that would let ppl get AIM120s from carriers even if they are set as not available in the mission editor.

And once I had it coded, I used it to "trim" 7s and the like.

Not to mention the hustle of redoing all the stores for all airports as soon as a new module or weapon was introduced.

It also solved the issue with nukes up to a couple of updates ago (the update messed it up unfortunately).

The Xs are 85% working for now ;)

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Etion, company.

There should be no mods allowed as we have the integrity checks on.

If that can be bypassed, then we have an issue. If you have any known way of a glitch/cheat etc, PM me so I can figure a way to minimize it if possible.

I have rebuilt the stores in the 2.4k version of the mission. I was hoping that it could correct any mistakes carried over from previous missions files.

We'll see how it goes. Let me know of any issues.

I will also look into the crashing of clients, but I had no issues like that for many months now. And I see A LOT of people playing for hours with no problems, so it is something specific to some (unlucky) users. Go figure...

Regarding the pic I posted, it's a JF17 flown by the AI. There is no way that this is a player's doing, so there is definitely something wrong.

Later !

Hey Flighter!

I confirm that the F18 slots are fixed, DCS does not crash anymore upon spawning in air on those. Thanks a lot for that :thumbup:

Recently I found another player who had a weird payload on a M2000C, the missiles look identical to the ones you've shown in the JF17 picture. I even saw in the chat that he got one kill with an AIM-9M fired by a M2000C but most of the times the kill info came blank regarding the missile info :huh:

We discussed this in the server chat while other players where confirming this issue so eventually he decided to land and test a re-arm while some of us where looking at his A/C.

We found that when he lands and re-arms, the payload is correct and the MMagicII's are loaded and clearly visible. When he re-spawns in air, he gets the funny payload that you and I've shown in one of the previous posts.

I also run a test and when I spawn in air with the M2000C I get the correct payload and the kill info in the chat is also correct so I believe this is not a server bug.

The M2000C has been updated sometime ago, maybe the client does not have the update and this somehow causes this bug? Or we have been trolled and somehow integrity checks can be bypassed? Anyway, there are funny payloads going on :noexpression:

Cheers!

just had a go on the server for the 1st time in my cat, ALOT of fun!!! ended up having a good back and forth with sirshotalot lol we even managed kill each other a few times AFTER we were technically dead lol

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

just had a go on the server for the 1st time in my cat, ALOT of fun!!! ended up having a good back and forth with sirshotalot lol we even managed kill each other a few times AFTER we were technically dead lol

You mean he stayed for a fight? :music_whistling:

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SEVERAL! you know him then?

Well, yeah....I know him from the server.

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Just a little word to say thank you for your server.

First time ever in multi in DCS (bought the Mirage 2000 a few weeks ago) and it's really enjoyable!

BTW As I'm a total noob I can't find what were my stats during and after my flight (It took me like forever to find out how to type in the chat... and then findiong out I was pushing the CapsLock button instead of Tab...). So is there a way to have a look at our stats or not (I saw in the first post you said no, but I don't know if you changed your mind ...)?

Anyway thank again, will fly again!

Could it be that Data Link is partly broken in the F18 and IFF does not work at all? Is it just me or does anyone else have problems to IFF interrogate targets on this server? And on my SA page, I just see the donor aircraft as green, but all the others are yellow. No red contacts at all?!

Hi,

Just a little word to say thank you for your server.

First time ever in multi in DCS (bought the Mirage 2000 a few weeks ago) and it's really enjoyable!

BTW As I'm a total noob I can't find what were my stats during and after my flight (It took me like forever to find out how to type in the chat... and then findiong out I was pushing the CapsLock button instead of Tab...). So is there a way to have a look at our stats or not (I saw in the first post you said no, but I don't know if you changed your mind ...)?

Anyway thank again, will fly again!

Goth hi,

yes there is a button to bring up stats inflight.On my keyboard (non-us layout) I think its one or two buttons to the right of the Letter „L“ key.

Sorry for the difficult description I‘m not at home and cant remember the exact key off-hand.Try the ones between L and „Return“.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Snappy

Hi

Fun server, been on there a few times. Most recently last night. I think I may have killed a teammate one or twice after switching teams a few times trying to balance things out. No warnings though. Seems like everyone pretty much flies in the IR missiles and guns area. One minor peeve. I ran out of everything and was trying to land, gear out, popping flares, obviously in the traffic pattern, and a guy in an F15 was still trying to kill me. He eventually got me even though I was clearly not fighting back and trying to re arm, where he would have easily be able to kill me on the runway if he had just waited (is that ok to do?). Just was kinda surprised he kept going for me after it was obvious I was attempting to land, but whatever.

Fun server, been on there a few times. Most recently last night. I think I may have killed a teammate one or twice after switching teams a few times trying to balance things out. No warnings though. Seems like everyone pretty much flies in the IR missiles and guns area. One minor peeve. I ran out of everything and was trying to land, gear out, popping flares, obviously in the traffic pattern, and a guy in an F15 was still trying to kill me. He eventually got me even though I was clearly not fighting back and trying to re arm, where he would have easily be able to kill me on the runway if he had just waited (is that ok to do?). Just was kinda surprised he kept going for me after it was obvious I was attempting to land, but whatever.

Sadly, that's the norm around here. That, guns on the merge (first pass), multiple people piling on one individual for an easy kill when there are several others left unengaged...frustrating to say the least. But yeah, getting shot while on short final and/or on the ground is so cheap. That's the only way some of the guys can get a kill it seems. However, when you get people in there that don't do that stuff, it's an absolute blast of a server! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Short question,

what exact conditions must be met to refuel/rearm my aircraft?For me the „ground crew“ comm menu seems always grayed out and the crew usually doesn‘t respond , even after engine shutdown and landing on a correct/own side airfield.

Do I need to be in a specific spot on the apron? I thought it worked on the entire airfield.

Kind regards,

Snappy

It works everywhere on the airfield. Even on the runway. Are you sure you are landing on an airfield of your own side. And not a neutral airfield. They dont rearm you. But maybe its a comms thing?! Even on a neutral airfield you should be able to request rearm, but no one would answer of course.