Community A-4E

So will we be able to use Walleyes and/or AGM-12 bullpups? Or is that capability not possible with the SSM?

The original limitation was no guided weapons of any kind, because they were creating their own fully interactable cockpit. Later they were able to find a workaround to make Sidewinders work. With the release of the Hornet, Shrikes were able to be used because of the updates to ARMs.

However, aside from those exceptions, I'm 90% positive no other guided weapons.

Later they were able to find a workaround to make Sidewinders work.

thankfully its no workaround, just the usual "non-documented-features" of DCS

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

The original limitation was no guided weapons of any kind, because they were creating their own fully interactable cockpit. Later they were able to find a workaround to make Sidewinders work. With the release of the Hornet, Shrikes were able to be used because of the updates to ARMs.

However, aside from those exceptions, I'm 90% positive no other guided weapons.

Im not sure on this. But couldn’t you just use the flight model and stuff from the Kh-66 missile that the MiG-21 uses? Because the Kh-66 was coped from the American AGM-12 if I recall correctly. Either way I’m still downloading this scooter after it’s released.

Im not sure on this. But couldn’t you just use the flight model and stuff from the Kh-66 missile that the MiG-21 uses? Because the Kh-66 was coped from the American AGM-12 if I recall correctly. Either way I’m still downloading this scooter after it’s released.

I asked a similar question much earlier in production on using Walleyes, as the targeting system was similar in function to the already working Maverick Missiles that the A-10A can use. The response I got was that this wasn't possible due to the fact they were creating a fully clickable cockpit.

Merker said he would be releasing a video on A/G capabilities, I am confident he will. I am pretty sure the team right now is focused on getting this mod to us. The finish line is in sight for them and us. I am looking forward to the November update and his next video. These releases always feel like Christmas as a kid, you see the presents under the tree, but have to wait and each day gets longer and looonnger and loooonnngggeeerr. Lol. My hat is off to this dedicated group, they did this out of a passion that is enviable, and admirable. They dealt with tragedy and continued to march forward to bring this mod to life. Thank you all!

Features NOT Included in the Community A-4

- Operational Radio

- Air to Air Refueling (Dependent on Radio)

- Buddy Air to Air Refueling

I'm afraid there will be no operational radio. This is what Merker said in his post #941.

@ Merker: I suppose we will be able to set a radio frequency in the mission editor and there will be no possibility to change it during flight. Is that correct?

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

This mod gonna have access to communications menu? Will we be able to refuel and rearm the A-4 in multiplayer servers?

Refueling and re-arming is set as default in DCS, so you should have no problem with any mod to re-arm or refuel. :)

To Install a Mod it's:

-Extract to /Saved Games/DCS/Mods/Aircraft/

I dont know how one would be uncomfortable with that.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Fair enough skate, I downloaded a mod that shall remain nameless, and it never worked and just screwed with everything else. So it made me hesitant.

Make sure you install the folder correctly and do not place it in any other directories besides the one Skate mentioned. Doing so in Program Files will mess up the mod and possibly DCS also.

Make sure you install the folder correctly and do not place it in any other directories besides the one Skate mentioned. Doing so in Program Files will mess up the mod and possibly DCS also.

It shouldn't, it'll likely just sit there and do nothing. The file should come as a .zip file, which you can extract. All you'll need to do is place it into the savedgames folder as Skate described. It's a very easy installation, entirely drag and drop. There is no overwriting of files involved, and the mod itself is confined to a single folder in the mods folder.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine