Ground Radar for AWACS

CaptDick

Hi,

I have positioned a Gorgian EWR1L13 at my base and set a frequency off 225MHz. For the F86 I have also set UHF channel 1 to 225MHz.

When I am in the aircraft and select the channel I can't communicate to get air target info. No comms at all with it.

When I do this with an E2 AWACS then I get the information briefly before my # button stops bringing up the comms options.

Please can you tell me how to set-up a ground radar for the Blue forces for use with the F86 to get bearing information to enemy air targets.

What units are required and how do I set them up?

Thanks,

That sucks, thanks for getting back to me.

How do I make an AWACS aircraft circle somewhere on the map invisible to all with unlimited fuel just to act as a ground radar? Then I can make it so that when the ground radar is destroyed it deactivates the AWACS.

Thanks,

You can do most of that through the mission editor except unlimited fuel.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

That sucks, thanks for getting back to me.

How do I make an AWACS aircraft circle somewhere on the map invisible to all with unlimited fuel just to act as a ground radar? Then I can make it so that when the ground radar is destroyed it deactivates the AWACS.

Thanks,

Make the first AWACS and use the Advanced Waypoint Actions (AWA) to set a Racetrack Orbit between two waypoints.

Make a AWA at a prior waypoint to set the Invisible attribute on to hide the AWACS from opposite side AI.

Give the orbit a Stop Condition of about 4-5 hours -- I'm pretty sure it can fly at least that long. After that time elapses the AWACS should break out of its orbit and RTB.

Make a Copy of this AWACS and make the copy Late Activated. Activate it with a trigger at Time More that 4-5 hours or whatever you used for the stop orbit, make this a bit earlier so the new AWACS gets on station.

You should be able to give the new one the same callsign and freq. (?)

You could always Deactivate the first AWACS and Activate the second one on station. You can string copies of things together in this manner.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Further to what Wrecking Crew said...

You can also make a trigger where if Unit (EWR) is UNIT DEAD, then GROUP DEACTIVATE (AWACS).

That way if the EWR acting as awacs gets destroyed, it neatly takes your invisible AWACS away. If this is the first AWACS in Wrecking Crew's scenario, then it should never trigger the second to appear.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

• 4 years later...

bump :music_whistling:

please is this the same after the years? I really want to use ground EWR to get info with the radio about incoming bombers without using an AWACS.

Maybe a mod/script/sample mission using above advices can helps.

Thanks! :thumbup:

I >Think< you can use a patriot search radar for this too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.