No Windows Start Menu Items! Help!

I installed DCS World and all modules (which includes BS2 upgrade from BS1). All of my Windoews (windows 7) starmenu items were there including "check for updates" which was great. However, when I uninstalled BS1, all of my DCS start menu items dissappeared. This seems to be a bug.

Anyway, how do I rebuild my startmenu items without reinstalling everything?

Thanks.

Öh,

I dont know if I understand your problem but if its only the start menue just go on your exe and go right click.... and then "add to start menu" or likewise (I have the german windows)

If you mean the items in the programs folder on your start menue maybe this can help:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/135246-start-menu-all-programs-windows-7-restore-default-shortcuts.html

edit: Thats the link for your programs folder: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu

Cheers

Edited by Manuel

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Thanks but I know there are special switches and such for some of the menu items.

What I"m saying is that when I uninstalled BS1 (since I only needed it to install BS2 module), it uninstalled all my startmenu "all programs" Eagle dynamics items. I'd like to get them back....

There are 4 shortcuts:

- DCS World Multiplayer

- DCS World

- Repair DCS World

- Update DCS World

Right clicking on each to Properties this is what you should see (keep in mind path to DCS World main forlder can be different to mine depending where you installed it)

Target for DCS World Multiplayer shortcut:

"C:\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" --net-mode gui

Target for DCS World shortcut:

"C:\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

Target for Repair DCS World shortcut:

"C:\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" repair

Target for Update DCS World shortcut:

"C:\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update

There you can see the executable to which you need to make a shortcut and what needs to be in Target window... again keep in mind on my end DCS World is installed directly into C: drive so if you installed in any other directory you need to adjust this for your shortcut

No longer active in DCS...