How to Calibrate HSI on Su-25T

I posted this in another old thread but getting no response. I never paid attention to this as I depend on the hud but how do you calibrate the HSI such that the red warning flags are gone? In the other post, it said you have to wait for spin up (guessing gyro) but I sit there on the runway forever and the red flags don't go away. Also, the HSI seems to be completely out of sync with the director circle.

Thanks.

Screen_120801_205456.thumb.jpg.6a3b3495b9f79700aa433654fa4e7434.jpg

After 3 minutes (gyro warm up) you can cycle through the navigation mode (1) and you will see it allign. It have 4 modes:

- Off (default)

- Waypoint mode

- RSBN landing mode far (14-16 km from runway)

- RSBN landin mode close (1km form runway)

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

After 3 minutes (gyro warm up) you can cycle through the navigation mode (1) and you will see it allign. It have 4 modes:

- Off (default)

- Waypoint mode

- RSBN landing mode far (14-16 km from runway)

- RSBN landin mode close (1km form runway)

Yes, but the red warning flags remain and the HSI is out of sync with the hud.

AFAIK, in the other topic it was mentioned that the flags are there because you're not in ISL mode and the localizer/glideslope cues are not operational. Not because the HSI is not operational.

So this means the warning flags will go away when I am ni NOC mode in glidepath for landing?

I'm still not sure why the HSI is out of sync with the hud. For example, it will say "required heading" is 150 degrees but the next waypoint indicated by the director circle is let's say 30 degrees.....

I think because the director circle tries to fly you along the "desired course" towards the next waypoint. In other words, it tries to make the little yellow and big white arrows line up on the HSI, instead of just flying straight towards the next waypoint.

SPECS: Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.2 Ghz +turboboost enabled, 12 GB DDR3 1600 @ 1500 Mhz, ATI Radeon 5850, TrackIR 5, X52 Pro and Saitek pedals

I think because the director circle tries to fly you along the "desired course" towards the next waypoint. In other words, it tries to make the little yellow and big white arrows line up on the HSI, instead of just flying straight towards the next waypoint.

That's correct. The director's circle is telling you to go up, down, right, or left to intercept and fly the course line and assigned flight altitude between the waypoint you have just left and the waypoint you are heading toward.

EDIT: As far as the flags are concerned, cycling through the Nav modes to "Landing" will release it. After that you can use it in any of the Navigation modes (Enroute, Return, and Landing. I don't recall it being set up that way in the past (Flaming Cliffs)--having to select "Landing" to release it--but that's how it seems to be working now. There are actually 4 flight modes (or two modes, one having 3 sub-modes, depending on your point of view): Pilotage (no navigation cues on the HUD and the ADI is red flagged) and Navigation with it's Enroute, Return, and Landing submodes. BTW, you can cycle through the available airports (bases) with the L-CTRL-Tilde (~) key combo. There are 21 airports in the sim and their number is displayed to the lower right of the HUD, while in either RTN or LNG mode. So you can select direction to an alternate base. I used to have the list for Flaming Cliffs. Does anyone have one for the current sim?

BTW, I'm used to flying this bird with a Russian HUD. I find the English highly annoying. Is there a way to get my Russian HUD back?

Rich

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

HJ,

Thanks. And I think I found the Russian HUD switch in one of the Options menus. At least now the T's HUD looks right--all Cyrillic and no English. :) Hopefully I won't end up with a Russian HUD in the A-10 as well. That wouldn't look right at all.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

HJ,

Thanks. And I think I found the Russian HUD switch in one of the Options menus. At least now the T's HUD looks right--all Cyrillic and no English. :) Hopefully I won't end up with a Russian HUD in the A-10 as well. That wouldn't look right at all.

Rich

Great! Can you post the info for Russian HUD?

Great! Can you post the info for Russian HUD?

You mean, where to find it? In the Options menu under Gameplay, look for Cockpit Language on the right. Default is "English" but it can be changed to "Russian".

And I just came from the A-10's pit. It's HUD is still in English. :) Another unnecessary concern vanquished. :)

Rich

_____

As far as the flags are concerned, cycling through the Nav modes to "Landing" will release it. After that you can use it in any of the Navigation modes (Enroute, Return, and Landing.

This!

Thanks Ironhand. I wonder if this is a bug or modelled correctly.

This!

Thanks Ironhand. I wonder if this is a bug or modelled correctly.

I'm going to cast my vote for a bug. Upon further experimentation, that only works if you hot start on the runway and cycle through the modes while on the ground. If you wait until you're in the air, the flags remain.

ALSO, if you cold start, it doesn't seem to matter where you cycle--on the ground or in the air--the flags remain. Further, after a cold start, when I cycled on the ground the "March" (Enroute) mode was missing. Return mode appeared twice, instead, as I cycled. "March" didn't appear until I was in the air.

EDIT: So...I'm guessing because I don't actually recall, that the flags indicate whether or not the ILS has been captured. If that's the case, they disappear once you are riding the beams. Also, that would mean that they should not disappear in a runway hot start mission, if you cycle through the Nav modes while on the ground. That would be the "bug".

Rich

Edited by Ironhand

_____