A6-Intruder

Devil 505

Hey gents,

Just a quick question for the devs. Not looking for fine details, maybe just a glimpse or sigh the project is moving forward. The Indtruder? I bought your original for FSX years ago. Still my favoirte to fly in game. I saw the screens for your DCS A6 on Facebook a while back. Care to drop a (one) word as to its status. LOVE the aircraft. Its a close tie between the Tomcat and Intruder for me.

Regards

Robert

The A-6 is on hold until ED releases their F/A-18C. The specific reason is RAZBAM intends to make use of ED's ground radar code. Therefore, any module that RAZBAM has announced that requires ground radar will not be released or focused on until after the F/A-18C release.

The A-6 is on hold until ED releases their F/A-18C. The specific reason is RAZBAM intends to make use of ED's ground radar code. Therefore, any module that RAZBAM has announced that requires ground radar will not be released or focused on until after the F/A-18C release.

Which is probably not gonna be until 20(F/A-)18 lol

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Can we get a response from the dev's on this?

See Tirak's post. He's paraphrased what Razbam have already told us. They're waiting on ED's ground radar code:

Before this whole thread derails, there is a firm reason why we didn´t go the LNS way, sadly, ED strict NDA agreements forbids me to comment further without breaching it, so to set the record straight, we chose not to develop our own A/G radar solution.

+

Strict NDA forbids me to answer you in a proper way, BUT, good for LNS and their A/G radar, great accomplishment by them, we rather wait for a more in-house solution.

• 2 weeks later...

What about a Republic F-105 Thunderchief? Single seat fighter bomber. I don't know whether this had A/G radar but it certainly did the bulk of USAF fighter bomber missions into North Vietnam, as well as SEAD (Wild Weasel) missions.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

What about a Republic F-105 Thunderchief? Single seat fighter bomber. I don't know whether this had A/G radar but it certainly did the bulk of USAF fighter bomber missions into North Vietnam, as well as SEAD (Wild Weasel) missions.

Yes the F105D that actually saw use in NA<had air to ground scan mode. so thats another project that cant be done yet.

Maybe an F100D Supre Sabre could be an option. Nice american counterpart the Mig19 while also being an iconic cold war bird & having extensive use in Vietnam

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yes the F105D that actually saw use in NA<had air to ground scan mode. so thats another project that cant be done yet.

Maybe an F100D Supre Sabre could be an option. Nice american counterpart the Mig19 while also being an iconic cold war bird & having extensive use in Vietnam

I may be wrong about this, but your saying it can't be done because of AG radar? If so the radar has supposedly been finished for the Hornet, Hasent it?

i7-4790 @3.6GHz, 16GB DDR3 Ram, GTX 745, Saitek X55 Rhino, Track IR 5.

Modules I can't wait for (Wishlist)

F/A-18C, F-16(Block40+), Su-30, Su-24, F-15E, Tornado IDS

Oh-58D, Ah-1(W/Z)

Missile Flight Model Upgrade

ATC upgrade

Wing Vapor and Wingflex (on everything)

What about the progress made with the Viggen's radar?

AFAIK it's LN's internal development, so it's their intellectual property, so it wouldn't be part of ED's SDK and wouldn't be available to others 3rd party developers.

Moreover there is no way to know if their solution would suit other purposes than Viggen's radar.

A-6 Intruder have a very specific kind of terrain following radar.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The Hornet and also its radar so far as we know isn't done.

Actually we don't know if the radar is done or not, we only know that the Hornet is delayed, for some reason. The radar may as well be finished. Even though the radar seems like the most obvious reason for delay. :D

Actually we don't know if the radar is done or not, we only know that the Hornet is delayed, for some reason. The radar may as well be finished. Even though the radar seems like the most obvious reason for delay. :D

Very true, I suppose it would be more accurate to say that the radar has not been released in a form that third party developers can make use of it in their modules, and until that happens, that is what's holding up the process.

Considering Prowler mentioned being under NDA with regard to the radar, ED is probably sharing at least info on its progress with the other devs. Maybe even allowing them some looks at the tech and discussing what is needed.

It would make sense to keep them updated considering a number of projects are dependent on it.

this plane looks ugly as hell

but for God sake , does this plane think itself a B-52 or something?

a-6_2.jpg

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

this plane looks ugly as hell

but for God sake , does this plane think itself a B-52 or something?

Intruder ugly as hell? Wow... all I have to say is "Abooovv... naptın hocam!?" :).

It is a prettier Su-25, with more systems to play :D, and much more than that too.

Also yes, it has a pretty good payload capability.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Intruder ugly as hell? Wow... all I have to say is "Abooovv... naptın hocam!?" :).

It is a prettier Su-25, with more systems to play :D, and much more than that too.

Also yes, it has a pretty good payload capability.

you cant compare, its an older design to the su25.

the Su25 is more of a A10 counterpart, meant for CAS and tank busting.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yeah, my sentence is a bit unclear, I compared it's outside looks and "very broad role" as subsonic ground attack aircraft.

But as far as exactly roles go, A-6 was more of a striker/interdictor than a CAS aircraft, and had many all-weather capabilities that Su-25, and back then also the A-10 lacked.

Which is the thing that makes it so interesting for me. It seemed to have already from the late 70s: A/G nav and attack radars, an old FLIR + Laser combo on board, many funky "precision" attack modes. Apart from lacking a cannon, lotsa stuff to love on the Intruder :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Yeah, my sentence is a bit unclear, I compared it's outside looks and "very broad role" as subsonic ground attack aircraft.

But as far as exactly roles go, A-6 was more of a striker/interdictor than a CAS aircraft, and had many all-weather capabilities that Su-25, and back then also the A-10 lacked.

Which is the thing that makes it so interesting for me. It seemed to have already from the late 70s: A/G nav and attack radars, an old FLIR + Laser combo on board, many funky "precision" attack modes. Apart from lacking a cannon, lotsa stuff to love on the Intruder :).

A7 Corsair filled a similar role for all weather attack, except its got a Cannon and single seat.

Ye the su25 and a10A lacked some features, but they were for a specific type of ground attack, they were better armored ans more survivable against taking hits. Expensive avonics not needed, becasue for the CAS or tank busting role, losses would be more expnesive to replace.

its apples vs oranges comparison TBH.

Personally for interdiction im more interested in the F111

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro