MPS-410 ECM Pods Question

I have a couple of questions regarding MPS-410 ECM pods on SU-25T.

1) Is there any advantage carrying two of them (one on each side of wing) instead of one on just one wing?

2) When equipped with MPS-410, should it be turned on only when threat is near or is it ok to turn it on during the beginning of the mission? What is the disadvantage of having it turned on all the time?

Thanks.

In single player, I don't think having the ECM on always will cause anything bad to happen. But in mutliplayer, you're telling the whole world where you are and asking them to shoot you. It doesn't stop 75% of people from flying with ECM always on though.

ECM should only really be used to cover you from an enemy that has already found you, but isn't close enough to burn through the jamming.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

My friend, I have come across a few situations in MP servers where I was close enough to burn though the ECM of a bandit, which the radar picked up as a normal target, but everytime I would select it, my systems would still treat it as a ECM target and go to HOJ.... what in the name of Jesus happened?