Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 39 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 11:08 AM   #381
Bogdy356

Hello , so i really like your dynamic mission i think it is one of the best out there but since i use VR it is imposible to play due to performance , my fps go down really fast when there many units in a map so what i want to ask if its possible to have just 2 zones in the entire map one for blue and one for red side that are engaging one another instead of using all the map or to reduce the number of units in some way....i don't know how things are working or if it is possible to reduce the scale of the war in some way.Thank you in advance.
Bogdy356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:11 AM   #382
TrollingThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogdy356 View Post
Hello , so i really like your dynamic mission i think it is one of the best out there but since i use VR it is imposible to play due to performance , my fps go down really fast when there many units in a map so what i want to ask if its possible to have just 2 zones in the entire map one for blue and one for red side that are engaging one another instead of using all the map or to reduce the number of units in some way....i don't know how things are working or if it is possible to reduce the scale of the war in some way.Thank you in advance.
Do you have another pc that you can set up as a dedicated server? That might help

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
TrollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:59 AM   #383
Bogdy356

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollingThunder View Post
Do you have another pc that you can set up as a dedicated server? That might help

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
No i dont have another pc.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:37 PM   #384
Surrexen

Quote:
No i dont have another pc.
Try the multiplayer list and give it a go on someone else's dedicated server and see how it is.
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:37 PM   #385
Bogdy356

Ok i think i misunderstood the mission , i thaught that you can play in single player aswell.I am looking for some kind of dynamic mission but with fewer units and airplanes,maybe to be able to ch0ose like in the mission generator how many units to spawn ex. Low , Med or High.Thanks anyway.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:54 PM   #386
kariem2k

I am playing it as a single player and it is one of the best (if not the best) of the dynamic missions. It is hard though. Yesterday I was hitting a SAM with supporting SEAD and CAP flights. The support flights were destroyed after destroying some enemy caps. Then started to escape from an F5 and 2 Mig29s, after spending all of them on the SAMs and other CAPs. They got me in the end. But, I managed to destroy one SAM site though (the one I did not intend to destroy ). It was a blast. The great thing about it, is that it is persistent which means you finish it at your own pace.
kariem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:01 PM   #387
Bogdy356

Come on don't tell me this since I can't play it . I have stayed away from Dcs for years and now with the f18 and f16 two of my favorite planes I got back into it and spend some money on hotas, vr etc.. If I create single player mission with few ai it's OK but if I try some kind of campain or dynamic mission it's unplayable. I guess I have to start to learn scripting to make my missions more random.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:32 PM   #388
ReardonMetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
Try running DCS as an admin and see if that helps.
That did it. Thanks!
ReardonMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:11 AM   #389
Surrexen

Quote:
Ok i think i misunderstood the mission , i thaught that you can play in single player aswell.I am looking for some kind of dynamic mission but with fewer units and airplanes,maybe to be able to ch0ose like in the mission generator how many units to spawn ex. Low , Med or High.Thanks anyway.
You can definitely run this in single player. But depending on your system in VR you may need to reduce some settings. Alternatively try it on a multiplayer dedicated server.

I built the mission originally as a single player thing (hence all the AI support call in flights). It runs on my 7 year old potato PC. But I do not have VR, only TrackIR.

Last edited by Surrexen; 03-26-2020 at 02:13 AM.
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:13 AM   #390
ViFF

Hi Surrexen,

Love the mission! I am trying to run it on Dedicated Server and would like to have an option in the F10 menu that would "End Mission". Is it possible?

Cheers and thanks in advance!

http://www.preflight.us
Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website
ViFF is offline   Reply With Quote