VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 448 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-24-2020, 06:20 AM   #4471
lazerwolf

Default Add spoken command

Greetings,

I'm trying to add a new spoken (when I say) command: "connect the ground power" for the "ground power on" trigger.

Any ideas on how I can do this given that it's not a keybind and an API call?

Thanks!
lazerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #4472
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerwolf View Post
Greetings,

I'm trying to add a new spoken (when I say) command: "connect the ground power" for the "ground power on" trigger.

Any ideas on how I can do this given that it's not a keybind and an API call?

Thanks!
Sorry, what do you mean?
Changing how you say the command?
That you do in the keywords editor. Just add an alias.

Or do you want to add commands that do not exist in VAICOM like cockpit controls or whatever. To achieve that, I do it this way.

Make a completely new Voice Attack profile. Add your commands and test it to make sure everything's working.

Select the VAICOM profile, edit, click options.

"Include commands from other profiles:"

Click the button right of it, then "+" and select the profile you just made, or whatever other VoiceAttack profile, as many as you want. This way you keep the VAICOM profile totally clean, and you even control Windows, Spotify whatever as long as you have a VA profile.

You save you a lot of redundant work, check if there already exists profiles for your module. Bailey's are excellent!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:57 PM   #4473
SPAS79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktoberfest View Post
In your commands list in voice attack create a new command “kneeboard “. Set the key combo to cntrl-k. Set the voice activation to a button on your joystick. Done

What's the point tho? You'd be better off mapping ctrl-k to the joystick (e.g. with joystick gremlin) or directly in DCS's control options.

Voiceattack is for voice commands.

Also, the original question has more to do with how Voiceattack works than Vaicom.
SPAS79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:57 PM   #4474
SPAS79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
Sorry, what do you mean?
Changing how you say the command?
That you do in the keywords editor. Just add an alias.

Or do you want to add commands that do not exist in VAICOM like cockpit controls or whatever. To achieve that, I do it this way.

Make a completely new Voice Attack profile. Add your commands and test it to make sure everything's working.

Select the VAICOM profile, edit, click options.

"Include commands from other profiles:"

Click the button right of it, then "+" and select the profile you just made, or whatever other VoiceAttack profile, as many as you want. This way you keep the VAICOM profile totally clean, and you even control Windows, Spotify whatever as long as you have a VA profile.

You save you a lot of redundant work, check if there already exists profiles for your module. Bailey's are excellent!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

This man gets it.
SPAS79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:59 PM   #4475
ricktoberfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAS79 View Post
What's the point tho? You'd be better off mapping ctrl-k to the joystick (e.g. with joystick gremlin) or directly in DCS's control options.

Voiceattack is for voice commands.

Also, the original question has more to do with how Voiceattack works than Vaicom.

Except I have way more commands than buttons in my Hotas. And since im VR I’d prefer not to fumble too much with the keyboard.
Don’t need a joystick button for raise gear, or kneeboard, or attach catapult. All can be done with voice attack and Viacom takes care of the radios
ricktoberfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:28 AM   #4476
AMVI_Grape

Question Basic Commands needs Extended Command option

Hi,
I have a question about the Extended Command option.
Why I need to activate this option also even if I use the basic command like "Place the wheelchocks"?

AMVI_Grape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:45 AM   #4477
hornblower793

This is because the command is not available via the in-game comms menus - it is therefore a Vaicom Pro special

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.1GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:07 AM   #4478
AMVI_Grape

Mmmhhh, I'm not sure at all, but indeed it seems that this command is available via the in-game comms menu.

AMVI_Grape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:15 PM   #4479
hornblower793

I stand corrected - haven't used the in game menus in a long time.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.1GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:52 AM   #4480
DutchCoolHand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktoberfest View Post
Except I have way more commands than buttons in my Hotas. And since im VR I’d prefer not to fumble too much with the keyboard.
Don’t need a joystick button for raise gear, or kneeboard, or attach catapult. All can be done with voice attack and Viacom takes care of the radios
You need PointControl, it is great for flying in VR, I actually use my voice commands less because it is easy to click a button
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218861
AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Samsung Odyssey+ or Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers
DutchCoolHand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack