Cold War 1947 - 1991 - Page 192 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 04:24 AM   #1911
Big Nuts

Hey just a thought:
Wouldnt it be fun for one mission(or two) to have some 80's action?
Ie f15's with sparrows, tomcats, MiG29's etc? Ie non datalink fox 1 aircraft. Tomcat is an exception ofcourse.
Big Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:54 AM   #1912
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehksauce View Post
... also was wondering, why isnt there discord for this amazing server?
Good to hear the server's amazing, cheers! And to keep it that way: STAY OUT OF DISCORD! Stick to TS and SRS, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nuts View Post
Hey just a thought:
Wouldnt it be fun for one mission(or two) to have some 80's action?
Ie f15's with sparrows, tomcats, MiG29's etc? Ie non datalink fox 1 aircraft. Tomcat is an exception ofcourse.
These ideas were discussed quite often here. The conclusion was: With most servers offering almost all modules in all missions, I'd rather trim it down to inferior fighters/interceptors. The F-4 and the MiG-23 should suffice once available.
Also the Mi-24 and the AH-1 :-)

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:08 PM   #1913
falcon_120

I wish i could see that more often, unfortunately i'm yet to see popular servers with 80s equipment (only sparrows and R27R). I do think it would be nice for at least 1 or 2 missions but its ok like it is.

Just wondering, is it possible for the host and mission creator to dissable modern options from some modules? Basically i'm thinking in dissabling MIDS/link 16/jhmcs from F18/F16, so they operate like a 80s version ? Of course i know that is an option for weapons but no idea regarding modern functionality...

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
falcon_120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:02 PM   #1914
Skyracer

Quote:
Just wondering, do you guys usually have the radar turned on for f5 and mig21, to try and pick up contacts? or completely have it off ?

also was wondering, why isnt there discord for this amazing server?
I turn it on after AWACS call to get more precision. Even viggens 2D radar works like a charm when tuned correctly.
MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView
Skyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:25 PM   #1915
Sideburns

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_120 View Post
I wish i could see that more often, unfortunately i'm yet to see popular servers with 80s equipment (only sparrows and R27R). I do think it would be nice for at least 1 or 2 missions but its ok like it is.

Just wondering, is it possible for the host and mission creator to dissable modern options from some modules? Basically i'm thinking in dissabling MIDS/link 16/jhmcs from F18/F16, so they operate like a 80s version ? Of course i know that is an option for weapons but no idea regarding modern functionality...

There are cold war "1980" servers already available. GS run one, try searching "80" or "1980" for Aim7/R27 action.
Sideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #1916
falcon_120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideburns View Post
There are cold war "1980" servers already available. GS run one, try searching "80" or "1980" for Aim7/R27 action.
Thx! I will try.

falcon_120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:12 PM   #1917
Whisper

Quote:
Just wondering, do you guys usually have the radar turned on for f5 and mig21, to try and pick up contacts? or completely have it off ?

also was wondering, why isnt there discord for this amazing server?
When distance is a bit too large for proper ID of multiple contacts, I switch Mig21 radar on to make a little IFF check and know who's what.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:30 PM   #1918
59th l Alpha

I fully understand, and it would be absolute great to have everyone on coms! The unfortunate reality is that we are about 6 - 10 aviators at the evening missions, and that is about what our GCi can handle. He is finished by the end of the 3-4 hour session.
This leaves little space for another 10 aviators, would be a total meltdown.

I have spoke to a few flyers on the Blue side and they have voiced that they need at least 2 AV8B’s on every mission to have for surgical strikes against the Red’s, even though it is a CAP mission. Great to have for sabotage strikes against the enemy airbase and their FARP’s.

This would be great for the balance of the mission and variation.

Thank you for listening

[RED DEVILS]-NELLUS
59th l Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:34 AM   #1919
59th l Alpha

..just another idea maybe the Harriers could us a FARP for reloading and even Spawn there or Spwan on a road like the Viggen?..
59th l Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:37 AM   #1920
Brown Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59th l Alpha View Post
I have spoke to a few flyers on the Blue side and they have voiced that they need at least 2 AV8B’s on every mission to have for surgical strikes against the Red’s, even though it is a CAP mission. Great to have for sabotage strikes against the enemy airbase and their FARP’s.

This would be great for the balance of the mission and variation.
[RED DEVILS]-NELLUS
I think you'll find a very different opinion about the AV-8B if you talk to some Red pilots. They don't like that you can fly them in some missions now; I'm not sure they are big advocates of adding them to every mission.

The DCS version of the Harrier is a bit too advanced, avionics-wise, for this server with its modern HUD, effective RWR, ARBS and FLIR, etc. I'm over here squinting at ARC stations on the kneeboard in a MiG or calculating the magnetic variation for Abu Dhabi in my Mi-8, and the Harrier Boyz are flying around with a moving map displayed in their cockpit...

To be fair, the same can be said of the Ka-50. I don't want to speak for Alpenwolf but he has said before here that some of the aircraft included are really placeholders for when more appropriate aircraft are introduced into the game like the Sea Harrier, F-8, F-4, Mi-24, etc.
Brown Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote