UFC & CDU Buttons Question

LynxDK

Hello Guys.

It has been a while since i have come with an update, but i assure you, that im working on alot of things behind the scenes :)

And i hope to show you some more in my thread soon.

As the work on the UFC and the CDU are on the last stages of design before comming up with a new prototype that i can show you, i have a question for all of you who would be interested in these devices.

Do you guys want Tactiles switches that have allmost no travel and do the click at the bottom?

Or do you want Push switches with more travel which are soft without clicks like keyboard switches?

And im asking this because im not sure how the military devices is originally, but i have heard that the civilian aircrafts use soft switches without clicks.

Please let me know what you guys think, before i go further with the design.

Edited by LynxDK

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Clicks please!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

Okay, it sounds like Tactile Switches with Click is the clear answer :) so thats what i will continue with.

Dont have too much to show you, but here is a picture of the first 3D printed Test Model of the CDU... Only for calculating space and room for Screen and electronics etc.

The finished product will NOT be 3D printed, but milled out of Acrylic.

cdu_prototype_print.jpg

Edited by LynxDK

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Will you be doing test runs of these? Do you plan on including the buttons face and circuit board with buttons? Very interested as this is the first item I want to tackle for my pit.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Will you be doing test runs of these? Do you plan on including the buttons face and circuit board with buttons?

Oh yes.

As mentioned this is only a 3D printed Demo version, used to verify that the screen and everything fits nicely.

The finished products will look like the real thing, made from milled black acrylic, with engraved buttons.

And there will be no runs on these, they will permanently for sale in the webshop :)

How exactly the finished product are going to be assembled is still not clear, we are going to try some different approaches to see whats most efficient and price effective.

The same goes for the UFC, which i only still have the Old prototype to show you from my main thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2412625&postcount=91

ufc_front_prototype_7.jpg

This is the same look the CDU will gain in the finished product, all tho it will be with more contrast to the engravings, on both buttons and faceplate.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

• 2 weeks later...