Any chance of a Chengdu J-7/F-7??

Stratos

Any chance of seeing this beauty one day in DCS? Would be happy with it, FC level will be enough, and could be useful for Persian Gulf Map (Iran uses it), and in the Afghanistan map (If any Pakistani Air Base is included).

9a7YsET.jpg

Us76AfV.jpg

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Some might just cry "It's just another Fishbed" to which I'd answer "How is that a bad thing?"

Well, is a more modern Fishbed, far better avionics, different wing and engine. Chinese and Western weapons, from my point of view it will be a really interesting plane.

Well... a J-8II might stop any people from saying "just another fishbed", but IDK if the advanced models like JZ-8F will be ok for Deka to make even as an AI.

Late models share little with the original Fishbeds, different wings, engines, avionics, weapons... It would be a great addition in Flaming Cliffs level.

• 2 weeks later...

we would like to see more in wishlist, however, we need to at least finish one module before discussing other options.

if anyone interested in j-7 and have 3d modeling skill, we do appreciate if he/she can consider making one for CAP first :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

we would like to see more in wishlist, however, we need to at least finish one module before discussing other options.

if anyone interested in j-7 and have 3d modeling skill, we do appreciate if he/she can consider making one for CAP first :)

What is CAP? Cause I'm working on a J-7G 3d model.

What is CAP? Cause I'm working on a J-7G 3d model.

China Asset Pack that is a free add on already in DCS. Check coremods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I see, will send you a private message with the MAX for my J-7 once is finished in the coming weeks. It's that OK with you?

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

If it is a J-7G, I will buy it even if you guys sale it for $80. Same goes for the J-8F

There’s also the Shenyang J-2, but I don’t know how different it is from a MiG-15bis

As far as I know, Chinese upgrade wasn't start until J-5 (MiG-17). So I don't think there is a difference between J-2 and MiG-15.

Some might just cry "It's just another Fishbed" to which I'd answer "How is that a bad thing?"

If it is a J-7G, that won't be just another fishbed. It has a new double delta wings which is design to increase its maneuverability and reduce the bleed of speed during high AOA maneuvering. I once heard that they tested with Pakistan's F-16A. The results shown that without BVR missiles, just use short range IR missiles and the internal cannon for dog fight, F-16A had no advantage over the J-7G.

Edited by J-20

I would absolutely LOVE a J-7! Especially one of the late variants with double delta wings, upgraded radar, cockpit, and air to ground capabilities!

I don't know how many of those would be possible to create for DCS, if any at all... but, there are many interesting aircraft from China that would be cool to have.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 1 month later...

If it is a J-7G, that won't be just another fishbed. It has a new double delta wings which is design to increase its maneuverability and reduce the bleed of speed during high AOA maneuvering. I once heard that they tested with Pakistan's F-16A. The results shown that without BVR missiles, just use short range IR missiles and the internal cannon for dog fight, F-16A had no advantage over the J-7G.

+1 here.

Tried the J-7 in best close thing to a PC sim at the "Free Falcon 5"... :D

Regardless of, if the flight model was more or less accurate, it was clearly more maneuverable than the MiG-21Bis.

I would buy it.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...