For Sale: Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Australia ONLY PRICE DROP

Joe Lighty

SOLD SOLD SOLD - PLEASE DELETE THREAD

Dear AUSTRALIAN DCS Community,

**I regret that this is ONLY for sale in Australia - PM for further details if interested. Overseas postage is prohibitively expensive and I don't trust it to have the package arriving safely.**

MASSIVE PRICE DROP - NOW FOR SALE - $350 AUD (plus postage) - PayPal or Cash on pickup ONLY.

I am selling my rare, beloved and well cared for Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar.

This HOTAS is in very good condition - please see the following specs:

- as per original with the exception of magneto-resistive sensors replacing the stick gimbal pots

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

- original protective clear film stickers still on the main gold label and the serial number label

- all switches, buttons, axis controls are 100% working

- comes with spare speedbrake button (and electronic switch)

- home made dust covers with "Remove Before Flight" tags (throttle cover fits pretty poorly but works...)

- F16 style 3D printed locking collar - grey (never used)

GtYKyfM.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZGV4GEZ23/locking-nut-f-16-version?optionId=63467229

- some original documents (Quick Install 1 and 2)

XDJfUiM.jpg

Included but MAY NOT BE 100% COMPLETE:

- Debolestis' 3D printed replacement gimbal with magneto-resistive sensors (seperate to already installed ones - may be missing some screws, but largely intact!)

Photo below is as it was when installed - the flight stick has been returned to STANDARD (better IMHO).

6MOkCNx.jpg

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195464

- magneto-resistive sensor for throttle (never installed) - not sure ALL the required parts are included (eg magnet, mounting, etc...)

ZMD4g1h.jpg

Missing:

- original box

- original Installation CD (drivers etc available on-line)

- original pots from flight stick (I threw them out...)

PICS:

M6Br9vn.jpg

QdP1uly.jpg

IdOw6NK.jpg

H94Bogt.jpg

RqUl22w.jpg

gR9WpV2.jpg

yLBvW0E.jpg

rjSWDep.jpg

Overview - this HOTAS is in excellent condition and has had very little use. Everything works as it should - the stick gimbal is in really great condition - super smooth and the springs return the stick smartly and smoothly to the centre position. The new (only a few months old) magneto-resistive "plug and play" replacements for the stick pots are FANTASTIC - absolutely super smooth, no spikes, EXTREMELY accurate. Best upgrade for the Cougar ever, and the whole thing remains 100% TARGET compatible.

For Australian Buyers: I will post this but would prefer local pickup so I can demonstrate the unit to the potential buyer. If postage is necessary, it will be EXTREMELY well packed - Auspost with tracking and signature on delivery - cost to buyer.

For sale to interested buyers based in Australia only.

There was a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar (with original pots) on auction on eBay sold for $325 USD ($470 AUD) NOT MY HOTAS - JUST FOR COMPARISON!!

See link:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thrustmaster-HOTAS-Cougar-USB-F-16-Joystick-Flight-Simulator-Stick-and-Throttle/133059875532?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D0caa79ce3f684c7683f0b0a9e6a22104%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D183821850378%26itm%3D133059875532&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A60345a85-80cf-11e9-afe9-74dbd180d300%7Cparentrq%3Afb6cde3516a0ac7298e6209effd007cb%7Ciid%3A1

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO SPLIT THIS SALE - SELLING AS A COMPLETE UNIT AT THIS STAGE

This HOTAS Cougar is currently located in Eltham, Victoria, Australia.

Contact me via PM for more info.

Thanks for looking. Joe Lighty.

Edited by Joe Lighty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am overseas at the moment, returning to Australia in the next few days. I have an interested buyer in Australia, so this will likely sell shortly. My preference is still to sell within Australia at this stage but will update this page if necessary. Thanks for your interest.

• 2 weeks later...