DELETE PLEASE MODS

LORD FLASHEART

Eaglewings The cockpit is actually much smaller than what we see in sims.

That really struck me too. Elbows are almost tucked in. I was thinking perhaps this pilot must be particularly big or something but he would have to be REALLY big in that case.

I just read about zooming back to far etc. That's a good point I will try that when I get a chance.

Edited by Mule

Sorry for the delayed response! Having never had a tanker option available, I never really paid attention to those procedures so I'm probably not the guy to ask about that stuff, but I'll tell you how I understand it works.

Hopefully you would have managed your gas so that you aren't staring a fuel problem in the face once already in the stack. Marshal will ask you your fuel state one last time when you do the "See me" comm described above. Additionally, you are supposed to let the boss know on Button 1 if you are going to be "Tank+1 (pass) on the ball" meaning that you have this pass and one more before you reach your tank fuel state and have to hit the tanker. If you end up hosting Bolterfest 2018 and reach your tank state, you're supposed to depart the stack almost like you're doing a Case 1 departure and once outside of the stack, climb up to meet the tanker. I am almost positive they just keep holding overhead so you'd be hitting the tanker in a turn. Again, if someone has more accurate information on this feel free to correct me.

It's a big faux pas to arrive late to the stack, but if you do, you will basically be put in the penalty box and will probably get relegated to the top of the stack, or Boss will be directive and put you cross circle from the Hawkeye or something like that. Due to the large size of the Hawkeye, most Bosses like to land them last or second to last with the tanker being the last, just because of the deck space issue.

It's actually not unusual to see the tanker cut in front of the Hawkeye in the stack for the above reasons. Their only responsibility of the tanker is to make it obvious to the Hawkeye crew that the tanker is their new interval.

Thanks MooneyTail...:thumbup:

That really struck me too. Elbows are almost tucked in. I was thinking perhaps this pilot must be particularly big or something but he would have to be REALLY big in that case.

I just read about zooming back to far etc. That's a good point I will try that when I get a chance.

I have a 27inch screen @ 1440P, it "looks right" at about 75 Fov zoom. Hit Left Ctrl pause twice to show FOV.

77 FOV in this pic

attachment.php?attachmentid=192221&stc=1&d=1534513284

A Usable balance and standard reset on my HOTAS. I have it at 85 + move position forward back in seat to see the frame (Shoot cue etc) then save.

85 FOV in this pic

attachment.php?attachmentid=192220&stc=1&d=1534513284

I can still zoom back or forward and reset as the controls are all on my HOTAS for easy access, you need these controls close to get the most out of the sim I believe, because of the monitor limitations when simming.

fov85.thumb.jpg.3ca4a9cb5b6f7550f03a58811826000e.jpg

fov75.thumb.jpg.c9a2fb2e8103e6325e19f8591bd899b6.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link