Remote CDU for Win10 or second monitor?

Rhinozherous

Hello!

I think in the past there where some apps for android and ios which let you control the CDU via an tablet. Some of them are not alive anymore, some do.

But is there a way to have a remote CDU for Win10? I use a small Win10 tablet beside my sim PC and it would be nice to have the CDU on it.

Or is there a way to place the CDU in a seperate window on a second screen but on the same pc as the sim? As I use two monitors (One for sim, one for pdf sheets, checklists...) this would also be nice.

Thank you!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

If talking about freeware, there is one still available here but I have no idea if it still works since it's released 2 year ago.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2132690/

Android simulator may be your solution if your tablet is capble of running one.

Get CDU display in a viewport is possible, but require some changes to some lua files.

Add these two lines to the buttom of file "DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\CDU\indicator\CDU_init.lua"

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("A10CDU")

And in the monitor setup file you are using under "DCS\Config\MonitorSetup", add something like this to the buttom of the file, and you need to recalculate the screen coordinate you want the CDU to be:

A10CDU =
{
   x = 0;
   y = 0;
   width = 500;
   height = 500;
}

and don't forget to change the resolution of DCS to make it extend to the second monitor if you want the CDU to be on it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=190446&d=1532185006

8.png.502a4c1826ed3b2a1c04757115df6ad0.png

Edited by sreventon

I still have iControlDCS. That used to have CDU, UFC, MFCDs and general startup buttons and basic controls. I dont think the developer updated it but since I used it on iPad2 there is an option to rollback to latest compatible version to your iOS.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 3 weeks later...

I built one for a second windows 10 machine. By no means a "supported product", but it does work:

Source code is in the comment of this video about it:

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png