Using OvGME to apply & manage Mods - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 05:57 PM   #41
davebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
Yes, you need one Config for every destination folder where you intend to install Mods. DCS uses two folders: the Sim itself is on Program Files, so to install Mods there I use this Config:

and DCS also uses a folder within Saved Games, to install those Mods I use this other Config:

Installing a Mod is basically copying a bunch of files from where you store your Mods (Mods folder) onto the game folder (Root folder) ... and in order to be able to later undo the Mod, the Mod Manager also needs a place to store the original files (Backup folder)

Best regards

Thanks Eduardo, makes perfect sense. I only had a few mods in the saved games folder and don't know if I even have any in the games folder...yet. So it was a good time for me to get OVGME set up so I will avoid problems with mods in the future. I appreciate the help.
Thanks
davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:22 PM   #42
davebert

Eduardo, How do you implement the Custom Backup Folder? I have added one to each build but am not sure if we just manually add the mods to the folder for safe keeping, or there is a button to click that does it automatically?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #43
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebert View Post
Eduardo, How do you implement the Custom Backup Folder? I have added one to each build but am not sure if we just manually add the mods to the folder for safe keeping, or there is a button to click that does it automatically?

The Backup is not for your Mods, its a folder where OvGME stores the original DCS files that your Mod modifies .. then when you disable a Mod, OvGME takes the original files from this backup location and puts them back on their original position.
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:45 PM   #44
davebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
The Backup is not for your Mods, its a folder where OvGME stores the original DCS files that your Mod modifies .. then when you disable a Mod, OvGME takes the original files from this backup location and puts them back on their original position.

Ahhh, I see. Ok, thanks for the info. I likely didn't realize that as I am just doing some simple skin mods in the beta version in the saved games folder. When I checked the backups folder it was empty whether the mod was enabled and disabled.

Last edited by davebert; 08-14-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Tags
ovgme