U.F.O. - Page 53 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-14-2019, 06:15 PM   #521
SUBS17
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Or like European settlers talking to native tribes. And we all know how that ended up...
Completely different it is more like if the Astronauts that flew to the moon travelled to Earth. You can expect a small crew who had to endure thousands of years in hyper sleep surviving on minimal air, food and water in an uncomfortable Space suit who then land somewhere on Earth in a lander similar to the Eagle lander. They would be alone and completely isolated from their own planet and its people and would have had to sacrifice parting with their families never to see them again. To reach Earth is like climbing Mt Everest before anyone else, it is a huge accomplishment. Earth could build a SpaceShip and send representatives to their planet using a similar or hopefully better method of travel in order to get there. A sign of this is the Pyramids fore some have shafts that point to stars that might be the homes of Sentient Alien civilizations. In order for a race to work together and build a SpaceShip kilometres long just send a couple of representatives to Earth would require a biblical event that convinces all of them to carry it out.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:34 PM   #522
hansangb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBS17 View Post
Completely different it is more like if the Astronauts that flew to the moon travelled to Earth. You can expect a small crew who had to endure thousands of years in hyper sleep surviving on minimal air, food and water in an uncomfortable Space suit who then land somewhere on Earth in a lander similar to the Eagle lander. They would be alone and completely isolated from their own planet and its people and would have had to sacrifice parting with their families never to see them again. To reach Earth is like climbing Mt Everest before anyone else, it is a huge accomplishment. Earth could build a SpaceShip and send representatives to their planet using a similar or hopefully better method of travel in order to get there. A sign of this is the Pyramids fore some have shafts that point to stars that might be the homes of Sentient Alien civilizations. In order for a race to work together and build a SpaceShip kilometres long just send a couple of representatives to Earth would require a biblical event that convinces all of them to carry it out.

Empirical evidence would suggest otherwise. Pilgrims left Europe and took on the Atlantic knowing that they will most likely die and not come back.

Today, it's a 7 hour flight with no fanfare. In a matter of 600 years, what was a life risking journey became a ho-hum flight. If a civilization can master interstellar travel, I don't think they would worry about the stuff you noted.
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:50 AM   #523
MegOhm_SD

Quote:
There is no Dark Matter.
Right...and we are on an “Earth” that is just a Particle orbiting the nucleus of some atom that makes up a cow patty on larger scale.

The whole thing is just a graduation on an upward (the “Big”) and downward (the “Small”) infinitesimal scale.

Perhaps we inhabit that which is akin to the starship Enterprise which is analogous to toilet paper...due to the fact that both have the commonality of orbiting Uranus in search of Klingons.

Thing is....Zuckerberg is definitely an Alien... Some Kind of Grey Hybrid

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 65" Samsung 4k 8 Series, Oculus S, Win 10

Last edited by MegOhm_SD; 08-15-2019 at 12:15 PM.
MegOhm_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #524
MegOhm_SD

Cool

Quote:
You can expect a small crew who had to endure thousands of years in hyper sleep surviving on minimal air, food and water in an uncomfortable Space suit
Food, water and air would not be of much concern when your in “hyper-sleep” (I suppose meant was suspended animation or Cryo-sleep) and they certainly would not be aware of being in an uncomfortable space suit which they probably would not be wearing. Besides with the postulated wormholes and other dimensions, there is no worry about extended trips for a thousands of years.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 65" Samsung 4k 8 Series, Oculus S, Win 10
Old 08-15-2019, 01:19 PM   #525
Xilon_x

UNIVERSE EKPYROTIC
Xilon_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:22 PM   #526
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegOhm_SD View Post
Food, water and air would not be of much concern when your in “hyper-sleep” (I suppose meant was suspended animation or Cryo-sleep) and they certainly would not be aware of being in an uncomfortable space suit which they probably would not be wearing. Besides with the postulated wormholes and other dimensions, there is no worry about extended trips for a thousands of years.
Got to love it when Subs can't even keep his own stories consistent.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:02 AM   #527
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
Yep. When I tripped and fell down the stairs it was just happenstance that I fell down the stairs.
Let me introduce you to the theory of infinite improbability
Old 08-16-2019, 12:03 AM   #528
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
I mean it is kinda a big ask.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #529
MegOhm_SD

Quote:
Dang...my forehead has been quite sore from all of the face-palming.

We need a fresh UFO sighting to get back on topic. Haven’t seen one since the 1980s.

Old 08-16-2019, 06:19 PM   #530
SUBS17
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegOhm_SD View Post
A wormhole would make the journey 1 second Earth to anywhere in the Universe, so no they do not have that technology with any Sentient Alien race. Only Heaven has that technology. Hypersleep involves the brain pattern modulation being placed into a state that is completely unconscious. They get minimum air the whole time and have pipes down their throats and up their butt to allow the body to maintain a minimal state of survival for the journey. A telepathic brain pattern modulation places the body into hypersleep and would move arms and legs and muscles in a sequence in order to prevent muscle decay. They would not use telepathy for anything else just for their own body in order to make the trip. Sentient Alien races are just like Humankind so their bodies would have to remain in that state throughout the journey, flying in and out of system the pilot would have to be awake which would be uncomfortable with those pipes. They also would be leaving behind their friends and family never to see them again until they died and went to Heaven.
What sort of language would you people expect a Sentient Alien race to speak and write with who travels to Earth?....ENGLISH!!