Trim? - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 04:26 AM   #71
zhukov032186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weta43 View Post
& Russia doesn't count right ?
Only English speaking people count.

When operation Barbarossa started the Russians had 1,635 I-16 fighting against the Emils.
Only people from America count, and western Europeans count at a 1 ''count'' for 2 people basis The rest of the world doesn't exist
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:15 AM   #72
MasterZelgadis

I still don't know what's the problem here. Nowhere on the A-10C shop page is stated, that it can't land on a carrier, or that it has no fly by wire system. Normally you write down features it has, not features it doesn't have. And the developer can't know, which feature is a showstopper for you and which isn't. If you want to know something about a module, google the real one, and wait for the first review videos. But don't complain when you just can't wait to give your money away..
Old 06-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #73
NeilWillis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
Use curves, problem solved.
A totally different phenomenon.

It isn't a problem to have no trim in the I-16, it is an important feature of flying the beast. Just as hand cranking the undercarriage up whilst keeping the speed low after takeoff is a necessary skill too.

"Vive la difference" as the Welsh would say!
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:42 AM   #74
Schmidtfire

If you have access to the classic CH Flightstick you can ”trim” by using the wheels on the base. It trims the joystick hardware independent of any control bindings in game. Perfect for modules that lack certain trim controls like WWII german aircrafts and should work well with the I-16 too.
Schmidtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:47 PM   #75
Svsmokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidtfire View Post
If you have access to the classic CH Flightstick you can ”trim” by using the wheels on the base. It trims the joystick hardware independent of any control bindings in game. Perfect for modules that lack certain trim controls like WWII german aircrafts and should work well with the I-16 too.
CH Fighterstick Pro has these as well .

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:01 PM   #76
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Hello,

I’m just starting to learn this module and my hotas (a TM Cougar) has the ability to trim the axis on demand ... if I do use such a feature, would it be considered a cheat? What do you think?

Cheers.

Edit: I'm still testing my profile, as I go learning the I-16 ... once I feel happy with the layout I intend to upload it into User's Files .. this is what it looks like at the moment:

Best regards

Last edited by Rudel_chw; 08-13-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Rudel_chw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:31 PM   #77
probad

by all means make it easy on yourself but youre violating the spirit of simulation by doing so
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:06 AM   #78
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post
by all means make it easy on yourself but youre violating the spirit of simulation by doing so
Thank you for your view on this .. but I find very difficult to use the mouse for operating the cockpit controls, while trying to mantain attitude with the other hand .. how do you manage to do that?

.. I'm all in for the spirit of simulation, but real pilots dont have to use a Mouse to interact with the aircraft's control, so at that point the spirit of simulation has already taken a hit

Anyway, I do like the little plane and have decided to use trim while I learn to handle the systems of the aircraft and maybe later on I will find that I can fly without it ... lets hope for the best.

Cheers!
Rudel_chw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:56 AM   #79
danvac

It is much easier to operate controls in cockpit using mouse than when you have to move your whole body to reach that switch.

Anyway I fly in VR and I understand your problems, I always lose joystick position when I look behind me.
danvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #80
probad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
Thank you for your view on this .. but I find very difficult to use the mouse for operating the cockpit controls, while trying to mantain attitude with the other hand .. how do you manage to do that?

.. I'm all in for the spirit of simulation, but real pilots dont have to use a Mouse to interact with the aircraft's control, so at that point the spirit of simulation has already taken a hit
i bind cockpit controls to the keyboard, it requires some familiarization but it helps if you come up with a system for where to bind, either based on correlating locations or by functionality. in the past i moved the mouse over to my left side but the biggest problem with mouse activation is the lack of feedback which results in much more visual attention required than in reality.

i agree using the mouse to click on switches is less authentic than the physical act of reaching out to push a button
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL

Last edited by probad; 08-15-2019 at 02:49 PM.
probad is offline   Reply With Quote