Brunner Force Feedback Joystick Base

Mozart

I got the new app to work with Clod, and works great, even guns and cannon give FFB effect, but not the P51 in DCS, I also tried the F14 with the app and it feels werid, very lose, very little restisance even in high G turn, it gives some shakes now and then, but don't feel much of it,

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

11 minutes ago, Abburo said:

@Gunfreak try increase the FFB strength in Brunner software. Default values are quite low, below 50%. 

I had to turn on FFB trim in the special options. Now I have good FFB effects. But trim doesn't work at all 

Edited by Gunfreak

I've tested several hours today.

1. the new frimware and app works fantastic with IL-2 WW1.
2. Some planes have a huge nose thing. in DCS the Spitfire and F14 nose up to the extreme, in the Spitfire the Trim works but as no effect, in the F14 the trim dosn't work at all, same happens in IL-2 Tempest it noses up no matter how much nose down trim you put down and it dosn't change with speed. 

3. IL-2 and Cliffs over dover has FFB effect when you fire your guns. DCS dosn't.
4. In those DCS planes I have tested that dosn't have the nose up problem(P51, Me109) the FFB efffect are very good and the Me109 and P51 have very similar effects, except for the lack of weapons fire effect they feel very good. 

On 2/24/2023 at 11:12 AM, Abburo said:

Well the switcher trying to switch all devices is just my guess... because i had all other devices plugged in when i switch for first time and return me a notification that device cannot be switched... unplug them all and rund again the sofwtare, then I found that my base was already switched... so that was my assumption... could be indeed a bug within the filtering devices by that software. However something similar happens with Virpil/VKB sometimes. Is easy to workaround it, but i'll let Brunner know about it of course.

I kept my other devices connected specifically to test this and it worked fine for me first try. So I don't think that other devices being present was the problem. Maybe there was some other problem.

• Thanks 1

Did major test today going through most of my planes, this isn't a test of the effects but weather or not you can fly the planes.

Planes that work fine

P47
P51
Fw190A and D
Me109
I-16
F86
Viggen
MiG15
MiG21

Planes that nose up to some degree no matter the trim

MiG29 and J-11

Planes that nose up to the extreme and trim has zero effect and in essnce not flyable. 

F14 A and B(with Force feedback enabled in the speicial menu)
Spitfire
F5 With Force feedback enabled in the special menu)

Those last three you need to keep almsot full stick forward for keep it level with almost no abilty to nose down as there is so litte left on forward stick, the stick moves to almost full deflection back on pitch as the mission starts.

• Like 1

I'll wait for some further firmware iteration from @Brunnerbefore checking again. For the moment the CLSim is working perfect for any aircraft when talking about trimming, and also is doing quite ok on FFB effects to those aircrafts where this is applying.

DirectX effects are indeed a bit better, but i can live without them 🙂

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I also went back to the CLS2Sim mode, for the simple reason that I'm using DCS (and especially XP12) on Linux and for some reason in the HID FFB mode, the buttons don't work. They do however work in the CLS2Sim mode, hence I chose that. They also work on Windows 7 (have one backup installation of that still), so there isn't something completely broken. Maybe it just needs some quirks, guess I need to get in touch with the Linux kernel devs about this.

I also quickly tried to use it in DCS 2.5 (the last Windows 7 version), but that one crashed right away for me, so no luck there either. But openbeta is much better anyway. 😄

Will try with the HID FFB mode on an on and off basis to test it. It's quickly switched, after all. 🙂

Edited by Berniyh

Tested the Apache today, and the trim is literally completely wrong. 
On take off, I old the trim up button and move the stick freely to the left back position for hover, however when I release the trim the stick shoots to the exact opposite, it shoots to forward right. and so it goes I hold stick forward for a nice stable crusie I hit the trim button and the stick shoots backwards, I hold left, release the trim and it goes right.

6 minutes ago, Abburo said:

@Gunfreak there is a short video i have posted in previous posts about inverting the FFB direction ... nothing wrong with anything from this point of view. is just a setting you need to take care of.... 

I'll go hunt for it then. I'm using the new directX program.

25 minutes ago, Abburo said:

@Gunfreak there is a short video i have posted in previous posts about inverting the FFB direction ... nothing wrong with anything from this point of view. is just a setting you need to take care of.... 

Found it and worked!

Wonder if there's some other settings in the DCS contol stuff to fix the F14 and Sptifire. They go nose up(stick physically goes backwards on start) and no trim can fix it.

Edit. I can comfirm fixing the FFB trim y and X axis will make the F14 and Spitfire now work exactly as they should. 

I understand why changing the y trim axis om the Apache has an effect.  But why changing the X and y axis on the trim on the F14 or Spitfire stops them from shooting into the sky. I don't understand. But it works. 

On 3/1/2023 at 12:39 PM, Gunfreak said:

Edit. I can comfirm fixing the FFB trim y and X axis will make the F14 and Spitfire now work exactly as they should. 

I understand why changing the y trim axis om the Apache has an effect.  But why changing the X and y axis on the trim on the F14 or Spitfire stops them from shooting into the sky. I don't understand. But it works. 

It's just the way DCS is. You need to invert both axis in all modules. 

I feel like I'm missing something, trying to get native DX FFB to work with my CLS-E.  I installed the new firmware without issue, and have v5.4.6 of CLS2Sim, with plugin installed.  I created a new profile for testing FFB effects, and told CLS2Sim to connect to DCS.  I turned on Force Feedback under the misc tab within DCS, and I have the CLS-E as my X/Y axes for pitch and roll respectively.  I tried both the Huey, and the Bf-109, but get no effects.  When I Alt-TAB to CLS2Sim, it says it's connected to DCS, and receiving updates, but no actual effects on the stick itself.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

31 minutes ago, heloguy said:

I feel like I'm missing something, trying to get native DX FFB to work with my CLS-E.  I installed the new firmware without issue, and have v5.4.6 of CLS2Sim, with plugin installed.  I created a new profile for testing FFB effects, and told CLS2Sim to connect to DCS.  I turned on Force Feedback under the misc tab within DCS, and I have the CLS-E as my X/Y axes for pitch and roll respectively.  I tried both the Huey, and the Bf-109, but get no effects.  When I Alt-TAB to CLS2Sim, it says it's connected to DCS, and receiving updates, but no actual effects on the stick itself.

For HID FFB, you don't use CLS2Sim. You use the Brunner USB config tool that switches between CLS-E mode (for which you require a plugin) and HID FFB. There is a link here on the top of the page:

https://forum.brunner-innovation.swiss/

Once you made the switch, it should work in DCS. You can leave the plugin installed, it shouldn't matter and in case you want to try via the CLS2Sim software at some point it's still there.

Ah, thanks, I was missing that part.  I downloaded the firmware, but missed the USB config tool.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So the Gazelle has gotten FFB support, however I have not gotten the trimmer to work, I've tried all the varations of FFB trim options, X axis, why axis and swap axis, but the FFB trim effect is still wrong, the stick moves to the wrong places when I release the trimmer.

22 minutes ago, Abburo said:

@Gunfreak I prefer the native Brunner FF functionality over the DirectX FF .... maybe i'm loosing some effects, but I can definitely say in case of helis everything is much better with Brunner software itslef. 

Apparently it's a gazelle bug, everyone has it no matter what FFB stick they use

• 5 weeks later...

I've encountred a new bug/fault

A few days ago I flew the A4 and the brunner base has zero resistance, I had problems controlling the A4(which is quite sensitive) But now I also see that it does no longer work with helicopters, it's competly loose, with no force trim at all, I even tuned of the FFB tune,(you know so the force trim goes crazy) but there literally isn't any force trim at all. it's just loose(like a stick with clutches)  The FFB isn't completely broken(I tested a WW" take off and the stick rises as you gain speed and it does react to stalls ect) But on some planes and helicopters it's broken