Hover landing

irfanahmed1979

Yes. The nozzle angle lever also has an angle position lock. Look to the left aft of the nozzle angle lever and you will see another black lever.

How I set it is to use the mouse to pull the nozzle angle lever back beyond 82 degrees, bring the lock lever up to the nozzle lever. Now, click and hold on the lock lever, look at the nozzle angle on the hud and mouse raise the lock (which also pushes the angle position lever) to 82 degrees. Now you can use your buttons to move the nozzles where ever but they will always stop at 82.

Some of the best advice I got was "Don't be afraid to slap her around." If she's getting away from you a quick hard push with the stick/rudders calms her down a smidge.

As far as trimming the stab to -2, I think this is just a suggestion. I slowly increase throttle and before take off, she floats forward or backward. I reduce power then make a minor stab adjustment to compensate. Increase throttle, rinse and repeat.

You're doing good mate! I'll see you onboard soon! :pilotfly:

Thank you!:thumbup:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

The best advice I can give on landing is first concentrate on just these things:

1. Keep the witch's hat level with the horizon

2. Ignore the VVI

3. Get decent rate on the right hand altitude tape to 0 with 82 deg nozzle

4. Get airspeed below 15kts.

Try to maintain that regime. Once there, do a pedal turn 360 deg to both sides to get a feel for how the rudder and bank work together to sideslip or rotate the aircraft.

If you can do all that, all that's left to land is pick your spot and drop the throttle to have 250-300 fpm descent.

Remember, watch the altitude tape and the witch's hat and nothing else. See if you can get them calm. Keeping the witch's hat in focus will teach you to keep wings level and how not to tip over. Keeping the altitude tape in focus will teach you to be precise with your throttle inputs to carefully select the exact FPM you desire.

I find in the Harrier I move the throttle a lot more than the stick in the vertical envelope.

Ignore the VVI because it is deceptive in this regime and will only play tricks on you until you get better at managing the aircraft. Just my .02

The best advice I can give on landing is first concentrate on just these things:

2. Ignore the VVI

Try to maintain that regime. Once there, do a pedal turn 360 deg to both sides to get a feel for how the rudder and bank work together to sideslip or rotate the aircraft.

If you can do all that, all that's left to land is pick your spot and drop the throttle to have 250-300 fpm descent.

Remember, watch the altitude tape and the witch's hat and nothing else. See if you can get them calm. Keeping the witch's hat in focus will teach you to keep wings level and how not to tip over. Keeping the altitude tape in focus will teach you to be precise with your throttle inputs to carefully select the exact FPM you desire.

I find in the Harrier I move the throttle a lot more than the stick in the vertical envelope.

Ignore the VVI because it is deceptive in this regime and will only play tricks on you until you get better at managing the aircraft. Just my .02

Will do, Thanks! :thumbup:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

2. Ignore the VVI

Above is a good explenation. :thumbup:

MrMaverick

Pilot in the RAZBAM Harrier DIsplay Team

Mavericks Youtube: My Youtube Channel

Discord: https://discord.gg/MRU8m5m

2. Ignore the VVI

My .02c comments

1. Yes the witch hat is super important

2. Yes and no, VVI is useful to determine where you are going

3. Yes but 82 isn't 100% a rule

4. Get your airspeed to 10-15kts above your target airspeed, i.e. if landing on the Tarawa or carrier, add whatever its speed is to 10-15kts. pull alongside then transition to the right.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

:thumbup:Thanks