DCS Scratchpad

Nooch

Recently found this very useful tool (especially in VR) allowing us to make a notepad pop up in the cockpit and write anything down.

All I wish it had is the ability to draw using the mouse. When having a VR headset on, it's hard to see what we are typing on the keyboard so I wish we could use the mouse instead.

DCS Scratchpad

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 8 months later...

Ok, It's installed and comes and I'm able to type in the window but unable to transfer the text to the parameter of interest. For example:

I type in 5000 into the mod scratchpad widow. I then open the DSMS page, open the GBU-12 profile and click on the Min Alt OSB. Nothing happens. Am I missing something? Would love to use this mod since getting data into the various Nav and Weapons pages can get cumbersome especially in flight. I am not using VR just everyday 2D. Thanks for any help!

Radial Madness

Ok, It's installed and comes and I'm able to type in the window but unable to transfer the text to the parameter of interest. For example:

I type in 5000 into the mod scratchpad widow. I then open the DSMS page, open the GBU-12 profile and click on the Min Alt OSB. Nothing happens. Am I missing something? Would love to use this mod since getting data into the various Nav and Weapons pages can get cumbersome especially in flight. I am not using VR just everyday 2D. Thanks for any help!

It's not supposed to do that. Consider it a note book. You can go to F10 map, jot down coordinates in scratchpad go back to the cockpit and enter them. But you have to enter them manually like a reallife pilot does.

• 9 months later...

Copied both files (lua and dlg), installed both into saved game folders. It worked until I changed the font size in the LUA file. Since I did that it wont work AT ALL...

I have since deleted the files, copied and pasted fresh ones literally a dozen times now, tried it on DCS Beta, used notepad ++, repaired DCS, reinstalled DCS, and it still does not work...

I find it strange how it was working just fine until I opened the one file (deleted and replaced by original file multiple times now) just to change the font size setting.

I suspect that Windows is somehow to blame for this, probably not reading the extensions properly since opening them or something. However, I even made sure that lua and dlg files are opened from notepad by default.

I am very confused on what is going on here, have been racking my brain for hours now. Is there something wrong with the registry or something??? Do I need a clean install of windows!!!!

Edited by euthyphro

OK claw. Thanks for the explanation. I was looking for an easy way to type in the UFC scratchpad but I'll live! Thanks again.

there is a version with an in screen keyboard.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4322826&postcount=206

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

0.61 changelog shows update for M-2000 to match precision but actually it cuts off precision. Scratchpad coords taken in the M-2000 are now DD°MM.M yet we need DD°MM.MMM

The display of the M-2000 nav sys shows DD°MM.M yet it indeed is fed with DD°MM.MMM

Any idea how to switch off Scratchpad's attempts to match coords with the module we fly that moment?

Change the following line in scratchpad-hook.lua

elseif ac == "M-2000C" then
	return {DDM = {precision = 1, lonDegreesWidth = 3}}

to

elseif ac == "M-2000C" then
	return {DDM = {lonDegreesWidth = 3}}

This will default back to DD°MM.MMM (three places of precision)

• 3 months later...

Is there any way to change the coordinate capture format?

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

15 minutes ago, Chump said:

What would you want changed? They are currently, as far as I'm aware, in the correct format for each aircraft.

Hm... I was using it in the hornet and was getting decimal coords for it... Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I had DMS XX.XX.XX visible on the F10 map, but got like XX.XX.xxx on the pad. 

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

scratchpad_f18.png

The first line is in DMS. The second line is in DDM. The third is in MGRS.

The F-18 has all three options:

if ac == "FA-18C_hornet" then
            return {DMS = true, DDM = {precision = 4}, MGRS = true}

@Harlikwin Do you not see all of the different formats on your side?

Just now, Chump said:

scratchpad_f18.png

The first line is in DMS. The second line is in DDM. The third is in MGRS.

The F-18 has all three options:

if ac == "FA-18C_hornet" then
            return {DMS = true, DDM = {precision = 4}, MGRS = true}

@Harlikwin Do you not see all of the different formats on your side?

Lemme double check, I think they were there, but jumbled. not neatly in 4 different rows. 

• 4 months later...

I dont have the keyboard on screen any more  with the version I now use? I did before I changed computers and download the program again?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb